Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (azeus17)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-18-2014, 1:09 PM Reply   
Any ideas for an approximate price per foot of vinyl seawall installation? I know it depends on height, backfill, length, etc. Just wondering if anyone has put one in and about what it cost you per foot. Really getting tired of trying to keep up with a beach that keeps erroding away.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-20-2014, 11:19 PM Reply   
Ah, first world problems...... It might help to say where you're talking about since your profile says nothing.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-22-2014, 4:21 AM Reply   
about 420 a foot here plus rip rap.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-22-2014, 8:51 AM Reply   
IMO this is way to general of a question. It depends on access to the sea wall location and the ability remove and bring in material to the construction sight. Example can you drive a Excavator directly to the sight. Can you drive a dump truck directley to the site or does dirt and material need to be shuttled via a tractor to a truck how much material needs to be removed. Are you working "in the wet" the part of the lake that touches your wall? The list can go on and on. Then what are your body of waters restrictions? Example some lakes will not let you work from the lake bed up you need to work from the shore down. Depending on Access this could double your cost. maybe if you included some pics you could get a better Idea
Old     (azeus17)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-22-2014, 10:46 AM Reply   
Markj - I hear ya...but this whole website is pretty much dedicated to first world problems. We are in Michigan.

Baitkiller- Thanks for the info.

I know there are several factors to consider. One of my biggest ones is that the site is not accessable by anything bigger than a skid steer. There will not be much excavation, but there will be some fill dirt needed. We currently have a single layer rock retaining wall that is about 6 ft from the water line. Plan would be to basically move that down to the water line. Is not an issue on my lake as I have seen some others on the lake that have done similar projects (I will be talking to them as well). Not sure what you mean, Grant, about working from the lake bed up or shore down. I just wanted to get some numbers of what others have experienced.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-23-2014, 10:47 AM Reply   
Drawings and permitting vary on location. Soil conditions can have a lot to do with cost. What kind of cap will installed - concrete, wood, metal. What is the height of the wall - this will impact tie backs. Many contractors around me price with fill as an added cost per yard. You may want to calculate an installed compacted fill price.

On my lake in Southeast Florida with a fresh water sand bottom and a 4 foot exposed wall section about 200 per foot with an aluminum cap.