Articles
   
       
       
Pics/Video
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    Patrick Cuezze (pcuezze)      Join Date: Aug 2014       01-15-2015, 9:29 AM Reply   
I just launched a Surfing meetup group for folks from in and around KC. It's called www.surfinkc.com or better yet Facebook.com/surfinkc as the website is still a work in progress.

I've gotten really good response, including from our local cable park/Mastercraft dealer and it looks like we could have some good sized groups forming once Spring rolls around. If you're from KC, please check us out.

FYI, this is a meetup group for fun. It's not a business and I'm not intending to make a dime off of it. I've got plenty of jobs already. So if you're interested in helping out beyond just participating, hit me up. I can use the help.

Patrick Cuezze
2012 SAN 226
Old    August (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       01-15-2015, 3:10 PM Reply   
i'll check it out.

Sean over at KC Watersports is a good guy to have involved. He has been involved in our Wake The World KC group for the last 4 years. We have about 20 inboard boat owners in that group, always looking for more (hint hint). I am sure a chunk of them would be interested in your group. I'll pass this along.

Great idea to help build the local community.
Old    John (jdiaz78)      Join Date: Sep 2014       01-15-2015, 7:52 PM Reply   
I just upgraded from a jet boat and got my wakeboard boat at the end of last year and have a slip at Smithville Lake. I'd be interested in meeting up with people, I'm sure my wife gets tired of pulling me around the lake.
Old    Kramer (kramer)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-15-2015, 9:17 PM Reply   
I would be interested in this as well. Where at do you normally ride at?
Old    Boarder 42 (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       01-16-2015, 6:25 AM Reply   
I'm interested. I have a boat on a lift from march thru November at Raintree in lees summit. 99 Malibu vlx with a makeshift surfgate.

Anyone interested in wake the world we could really use more boat owners. We have maxed out the number of kids we can get out on the lake. So the more boats we can get the more kids we can give a great experience to.
Old    John (jdiaz78)      Join Date: Sep 2014       01-16-2015, 3:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhartt3 View Post
Anyone interested in wake the world we could really use more boat owners. We have maxed out the number of kids we can get out on the lake. So the more boats we can get the more kids we can give a great experience to.
Do you know when Wake the World is going to be this year? Is it going to stay at Smithville Lake?
Old    Boarder 42 (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       01-16-2015, 6:20 PM Reply   
Yes smithville lake July 13 2015. You gonna make it this year? What did you upgrade to.
Old    John (jdiaz78)      Join Date: Sep 2014       01-16-2015, 11:35 PM Reply   
I bought a 2014 Axis A24 with all the bells and whistles including the LS3 motor. I'll have some room for kids for sure.
Old    Mark (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-18-2015, 7:06 PM Reply   
I mostly wakeboard but I would still be interested. I'm usually out 2-3 days a week in the summer. If anyone wants to exchange information just hit me up at mjc82610@yahoo.com.
Old    Kramer (kramer)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-18-2015, 8:57 PM Reply   
Im out on Raintree lake as well with the Centurion Falcon V. Mark I believed we meet last year on the water? I would like to be at Wake the Worlds this year as well. Just depends if I can get off work.
Old    Boarder 42 (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       01-19-2015, 9:15 AM Reply   
Kramer - I think you met me last year on the water i organize WTW KC. PM me with your info and i'll get you in the system.
Old    Mike (zimme)      Join Date: Feb 2013       01-19-2015, 3:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiaz78 View Post
I just upgraded from a jet boat and got my wakeboard boat at the end of last year and have a slip at Smithville Lake. I'd be interested in meeting up with people, I'm sure my wife gets tired of pulling me around the lake.
John... I'm on smithville too, and know most of the guys up there with the wake boats. I've probably seen you out there if you've had the Yamaha the last couple years, there's a couple that are out there pretty often. If you're ever up north of the W bridge, come say hey and tie up to all the wake boats that raft up there. I believe I saw your boat towards the end of the year, did you get a Vandal edition? I noticed one of those appeared all of a sudden... if that's you, nice boat! I'd love to see it up close. I'm in a white/blue Supra with a blue bimini.
Old    Dustin Yost (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-19-2015, 4:36 PM Reply   
Hopefully this meetup thing works out. I've tried every year for the last three years I've been back in KC area to find some people in the area to ride.
Specifically looking for people on Smithville Lake as I live in Platte City now.

I am also more interested for wakeboarding not so much surfing so I'll check this out.

I have a couple buddies with Tige Z3s down on Hillsdale so I'll forward this to them also.

I just bought a 89 Supra Sunsport so will finally have my own boat, still would be nice to get a big wake pull every now and again without having to drive all the way to Hillsdale and looks like you guys have some nice rides on Smithville.

If anyone needs a solid rider to add to the rotation for weekend evenings or early mornings on Smithville look me up.
dustin.m.yost@gmail.com
Old    John (jdiaz78)      Join Date: Sep 2014       01-20-2015, 5:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimme View Post
John... I'm on smithville too, and know most of the guys up there with the wake boats. I've probably seen you out there if you've had the Yamaha the last couple years, there's a couple that are out there pretty often. If you're ever up north of the W bridge, come say hey and tie up to all the wake boats that raft up there. I believe I saw your boat towards the end of the year, did you get a Vandal edition? I noticed one of those appeared all of a sudden... if that's you, nice boat! I'd love to see it up close. I'm in a white/blue Supra with a blue bimini.

I don't have the Vandal edition, but I had a blue and white Yamaha SX210 with a tower last year. We beached our boat a lot last year so the kids could play in the sand. We normally go to the lake a lot during the week. We tend to the lake to ourselves during that time. I keep my boat at Paradise Point Marina.
Old    Mike (zimme)      Join Date: Feb 2013       01-20-2015, 11:56 AM Reply   
Nice, well I'll watch for you next season. Don't beach that new boat of yours... you'll tear the underwater gear off haha. Jetboats are nice for beaches, not so much your new one.

I keep mine off the lake down at Waits storage down 180th st. Paradise is where I launch.
Old    Patrick Cuezze (pcuezze)      Join Date: Aug 2014       01-22-2015, 10:13 AM Reply   
Sorry I'm late back to this party, but thanks for all the responses. Assuming I'm not out of town, I'm totally in to bringing my boat to Wake the World. That's a really cool cause. As for meetups, I'd love for someone to run point on the Northland/Smithville. No reason we can't be at multiple lakes on the same day and I'm happy to use the web-infrastructure of surfinkc to promote it. If you're willing to help out with FB and the website, etc., hit me up and we can get it sorted out.

Once the season gets here, I'll be getting a Meetup account going and will be able to schedule some events. I'm also reaching out to board manufacturers this week to see if we can get some demos. I was thinking $15 in gas money per person for a full day 6-8 hours. Any thoughts? I know my boat is running at massive RPM's when it's fully loaded and I feel pretty confident I'm burning well more than $20/hour surfing.... The logistics of the meetup will include asking for those who have experience towing with an inboard so hopefully we can distribute drivers across multiple boats (so my sorry ass isn't just pulling people all day long). It'd also be nice to put goofys on one boat and regulars on another as best we can, especially for those of us without surf gates. If you have thoughts or commentary, let me know.

Patrick
Old    Boarder 42 (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       01-22-2015, 11:05 AM Reply   
I'm down to wakeboard or surf pretty much every day of the week.. When the days are long i'll go before work ~530am in june ... and after work almost any day the water is nice. I'm in south lees summit. Raintree.
Old    Mike (zimme)      Join Date: Feb 2013       01-22-2015, 1:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcuezze View Post
Sorry I'm late back to this party, but thanks for all the responses. Assuming I'm not out of town, I'm totally in to bringing my boat to Wake the World. That's a really cool cause. As for meetups, I'd love for someone to run point on the Northland/Smithville. No reason we can't be at multiple lakes on the same day and I'm happy to use the web-infrastructure of surfinkc to promote it. If you're willing to help out with FB and the website, etc., hit me up and we can get it sorted out.

Once the season gets here, I'll be getting a Meetup account going and will be able to schedule some events. I'm also reaching out to board manufacturers this week to see if we can get some demos. I was thinking $15 in gas money per person for a full day 6-8 hours. Any thoughts? I know my boat is running at massive RPM's when it's fully loaded and I feel pretty confident I'm burning well more than $20/hour surfing.... The logistics of the meetup will include asking for those who have experience towing with an inboard so hopefully we can distribute drivers across multiple boats (so my sorry ass isn't just pulling people all day long). It'd also be nice to put goofys on one boat and regulars on another as best we can, especially for those of us without surf gates. If you have thoughts or commentary, let me know.

Patrick


Sounds like you're on the right track. I think I'd be more apt to having something more geared to getting those together who are on the same lake and getting a set in. I have no problem taking people on my boat, but I'm also not going to dedicate 6-8 straight hours of surfing for any set amount of money haha. Usually if I'm out surfing, I have no issues having someone take some time behind the boat. I don't really ask for gas money, but if people offer it I'm appreciative.

Finding more people that want to meet up with wakeboats just to try a different wave, or try someone else's surf board, or whatever would be cool. I started a facebook group last year late at the end of the year for some folks that head to smithville... more of a social thing for the time in between playing behind the boat when the water's too rough. Feel free to join, as during the season I'll be posting on it much more.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/514503262018005/
Old    Dennis Cunningham (Uplandbird)      Join Date: Feb 2015       03-03-2015, 12:20 PM Reply   
Anyone on Perry Lake?
Old    Ian Brown (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-03-2015, 1:29 PM Reply   
Not in KC anymore but Rock Chalk!

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:55 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2012 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us