Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    Robert Garcia (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-22-2014, 1:56 AM Reply   
We have found a location with water, details are here. Can't wait!

http://wake9.com/community/content.p...ates-Announced!
Old    FENCE SENCE (fence_sence)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-22-2014, 8:20 AM Reply   
Gee, I wonder if I'll be invited? Probably not since Robert decided long ago that I don't fit in with his agenda even though he's never even met me. At least I'm not the only one.
Old    Robert Garcia (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-22-2014, 9:27 PM Reply   
Hmm, I am completely unaware of what "decided long ago" means, or is referring to, so I will just say this:

The Polar Bear is not an invitational and it never has been. If you register, you will be welcome, but required to act like a mature adult while at the event or you would be asked to leave. I don't expect that to happen, since we have never had an issue like that or never asked anyone to leave.

So if you want to come, register, and have fun. Then you can come back and either change your tune a bit or keep on flaming, up to you.
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-22-2014, 9:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fence_sence View Post
Gee, I wonder if I'll be invited? Probably not since Robert decided long ago that I don't fit in with his agenda even though he's never even met me. At least I'm not the only one.
A bit awkward.........
Old    Ryan Entz (BlazeSr)      Join Date: Dec 2012       08-22-2014, 10:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeDirt View Post
A bit awkward.........
X2

Ragboy love your vids and all the info you pass along, thanks.
Old    Sue (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       08-23-2014, 8:04 AM Reply   
I have been to two Polar Bears. They are the best events I have ever been to. The Garcia family rocks! They work hard to put this event on and make sure everyone is having a good time. I have met life long friends through wakesurfing and don't know of another sport where people are so friendly and willing to share their expensive boats and boards with each other.
Old    Anthony T (v10rider)      Join Date: Oct 2012       08-23-2014, 10:00 PM Reply   
Definitely going this year
Old    Surf Addict (Desi) (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       08-24-2014, 8:32 AM Reply   
Any idea on pricing yet?
Old    S. R. (stingreye)      Join Date: Oct 2012       08-24-2014, 2:51 PM Reply   
Went the last two years, VERY fun! Bummed I can't make it this year.
Old    Frank Berg (Iceberg)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-25-2014, 5:38 AM Reply   
I would love to come south, but I will probably be working. You should plan next year's PB up here in Manitoba, the southern part; you will have all the water and lakes to yourself! Maybe you will have to if the drought continues? You might even need a wet-suit (dry-suit) to keep warm! After the event is done, then we can all head north to see the real PBs getting ready for the ice to come in and begin the seal hunt. Just a thought or dose of reality. Enjoy.
Old    Anthonyv911 (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-25-2014, 10:21 AM Reply   
Fence Sence.... explain what you mean?? doesn't sound like Robert...... Just sayin.....
Old    Timmy! (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-26-2014, 7:25 AM Reply   
Dang, Nick! Relax buddy! Surfing is about being chill, not hating on someone because they are playing for and promoting a team that they love.
Old    Timmy! (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-26-2014, 7:43 AM Reply   
Nick, you should go to the event so that you can meet them in person and see how passionate and dedicated their whole family is to the sport. Without them, the EWT events probably wouldn't happen or if they did, they wouldn't have live feeds broadcast on the internet. The Garcia's drive hundreds to thousands of miles with their truck and Z3 completely packed to the gills with equipment and spend hours into the middle of the night setting up and then get limited sleep, sit out in the hot sun all day running a competition all for the good of the sport, not themselves. They are the most committed family I have ever seen, every single family member is working their butts off for other people to enjoy themselves. Once you know them, you would scoff at your own comment.
Old    MICAH HARPER (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-26-2014, 10:04 AM Reply   
^^^This...The Garcia's do alot for the Sport of Wakesurfing. Outstanding family and first class
Old    Robert Garcia (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-02-2014, 3:05 PM Reply   
UPDATE 9/2: Rob Harrington is finishing putting together the lodging options and will be done tonight. We will start taking registration on 9/3 at 7pm PDT NOT 9/2.
Old    Markj (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-02-2014, 8:58 PM Reply   
Where do we go to register???
Old    Robert Garcia (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-03-2014, 6:58 AM Reply   
The registration will be at http://wake9.com/polar-bear

You will be able to register at that link at 7pm PDT today.
Old    Robert Garcia (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-03-2014, 7:11 PM Reply   
Registration is Open!

http://wake9.com/polar-bear-2014/
Old    Corson Piper (piper907)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-03-2014, 9:01 PM Reply   
Payment sent for two spots!!! Thanks Robert!!!
You have a PM
Old    Dan Sauvageau (dDubya)      Join Date: Apr 2010       Today, 11:00 AM Reply   
Super stoked to actually participate this year! Although driving was pretty cool too...
Old    Nikolas Dramountanis (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       Today, 1:50 PM Reply   
Super stoked to come out and ride! Also excited to hear about which boats will confirm