Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    Adam Polhamus (oneday)      Join Date: Sep 2012       05-17-2014, 5:24 AM Reply   
www.restorethedelta.org

This is a big deal. We will lose our delta. Sacramento ca. Please read and look in to. Please.
Old    Surf Addict (Desi) (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       05-18-2014, 10:11 AM Reply   
I don't live down there, but have family in Discovery Bay and know a lot of you live down there as well. I signed it as I don't want to see things get worse there with the water situation than they already have been with droughts.
Old     (Shawn)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-18-2014, 1:54 PM Reply   
This is a SERIOUS issue for the health of the Delta and it is gaining legitimate steam behind the scenes. They want to divert all of the water BEFORE it gets through the Delta to ship down the canals...essentially choking off the water flow through the Delta system. And what is the name for this operation...wait for it...

The Bay Delta Conservation Plan!

...throw in some money for some levees and a title that makes it seem like it is a GOOD thing for the Delta...and poof...they get the support of the public. Meanwhile Discovery Bay will become a stagnant cesspool and the fisheries die off due to the reduced water flow. In no way is this good for the Delta...only for those that want the water.
Old    Adam Polhamus (oneday)      Join Date: Sep 2012       05-19-2014, 2:30 AM Reply   
There is less then a month for the public to stop it or it will go into effect and they will start building. This in not a good thing I hope we stop it before it's to late if it's already not. Save the delta for real. At least sign it. Please.
Old    Miguel (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-19-2014, 8:45 AM Reply   
sign it!!!
Old    Greg "The Hammer" (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-19-2014, 11:21 AM Reply   
signed !!
Old    Boarder85 (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       05-20-2014, 7:49 AM Reply   
Signed
Old    Dave (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-20-2014, 8:48 AM Reply   
Signed. We have family friends that live on the Delta just outside Holt. This place is my Graceland and I'm jealous of any of you that get to live there.
Old    Mik (norcalrider)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-20-2014, 2:40 PM Reply   
A gate at Georgiana Slough (and maybe a couple other spots) that closes during certain weeks to prevent fish from ziging when they should zag would achieve the same ecological benefit they are trying to achieve and save the state several billion dollars.
Old    Michael ImObersteg (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-22-2014, 10:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalrider View Post
A gate at Georgiana Slough (and maybe a couple other spots) that closes during certain weeks to prevent fish from ziging when they should zag would achieve the same ecological benefit they are trying to achieve and save the state several billion dollars.
I think this is more of a water grab masked as a ecological benefit.
Old    Mik (norcalrider)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-22-2014, 12:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
I think this is more of a water grab masked as a ecological benefit.
Right... But the gates take care of the ecological arguments being used to justify the tunnels at a far lower cost economically. You have to play their game to win.
Old    Michael ImObersteg (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-22-2014, 12:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalrider View Post
Right... But the gates take care of the ecological arguments being used to justify the tunnels at a far lower cost economically. You have to play their game to win.
agreed
Old    Red (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       06-02-2014, 3:10 PM Reply   
Signed and posted!
Old    GD (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-02-2014, 9:20 PM Reply   
This project is nuts!

After Katrina, the bozo politicians said, could this happen to the CA? They came up with this stupid concern that a huge earthquake in the Bay Area could cause some of the delta levies to fail. And, the levies failing would possibly ***** the water NoCal pumps to SoCal for a few months.

So, their stupid solution is to spend $10 billion on tunnels to assure water for farming after NoCal is wiped out by a huge earth quake. If the delta is hit hard, then bay area will be a total mess. Millions of people will be homeless, foodless and fighting in the streets for food/water/gas. Meanwhile, SoCal has water. What a relief! Idiots!
Old    Hey, You scratched my anchor! (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-02-2014, 10:03 PM Reply   
Costs are estimated at 69 to 100 billion $$$$$$$$$$$$
Old    Mik (norcalrider)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-03-2014, 1:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bftskir View Post
Costs are estimated at 69 to 100 billion $$$$$$$$$$$$
So in reality $148-200 billion.