Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    Jory (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       Yesterday, 7:16 AM Reply   
Leaving KC on Thursday afternoon & will be in Orlando on Friday afternoon if I drive the 18 hours straight through. Mapquest takes us through St Louis, Nashville, Chattanooga, Atlanta, then straight South to Orlando. I may add a couple hour detour & go East a little farther in Georgia & follow the coastline South through Jacksonville, Daytona, etc...

Planning on taking the kids to Magic Kingdom on Saturday, Clearwater on Sunday morning, & maybe Sea World on Monday, & drive home Monday night/Tuesday. Any stores or other cool stuff you would recommend we hit while we're there? Kids are 8 & 5.
Old    Jo Shmoe (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       Yesterday, 7:32 PM Reply   
Jory, that's a lot of driving for three days in Orlando, but the kids will love it! Just make sure to get there Saturday morning when the park opens, by 11:30 it will be so packed you can hardly walk around, but if you get there when it opens you will be ready for a break around lunch time when the park is packed, take plenty of pics and have fun!
Old    Jory (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       Today, 11:01 AM Reply   
No joke Joe. I drive about 60k - 70k a year just around town & the few quick trips on the weekends, so I guess I'm somewhat used to it but not in 1 stretch. I don't have a lot of free time at work right now so we're squeezing in a fun surprise trip for the kiddos.

You're thought on getting to the park early is exactly what I was thinking. Knock out the long-line stuff first & take a break for lunch, shopping, etc...(NAP &#128564
Old    Mike (slowwwflowww)      Join Date: Mar 2011       Today, 12:56 PM Reply   
OWC