Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    Ifishok™ (ifishok)      Join Date: Mar 2002       Yesterday, 7:43 PM Reply   
So North Korea tells us we are not allowed to watch this movie, and Sony agrees and pulls it. If they didn't pull it, would you go see it knowing about the threat?
Old    Hate N Pain (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       Yesterday, 8:12 PM Reply   
I wouldn't fear seeing it either but that doesn't matter. Five of the largest theater chains said they weren't going to feature it not wanting to risk reprisal. If I ran one of those chains I'd make the same decision. Its probably hyperbole coming from this hacker group but better safe than sorry.
Old    "G" (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       Yesterday, 9:16 PM Reply   
I was thinking that "this has to be the best marketing of all time"
It's a B movie but all this Free media and intrest has drawen attention the likes no one could pay for has to play in their favor. They said they would make it a Pay-Per- View.
I now want to see it.
Old    Wes (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       Today, 1:05 AM Reply   
I'd see it. Trailer doesn't look too bad.

It will leak and we'll all be watching it at home.
Old    Steven Pederson (sppeders)      Join Date: Jul 2011       Today, 7:27 AM Reply   
Funny how this is what pushed them over the edge... South park, Team America... Years of ripping on their leadership and suddenly this Rogan film is too much?
Old    Boarder85 (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       Today, 8:26 AM Reply   
I don't think DPRK is behind the attack. It is just too over the top. I think it was someone else with a vendetta against Sony, had inside information of their network structure, and used North Korea as a scapegoat once speculation began.

http://www.wired.com/2014/12/evidenc...-hack-is-thin/
Old    "G" (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       Today, 10:45 AM Reply   
China: what a bunch of snakes. A 60 mins program I saw said that there are 2 types of company's in the US that are in business today.

Company "A" that knows they have been hacked by china
Company "B" that dosent yet know they have been hacked by china

Yup these bastards don't want to invent crap. All they want to do is hack into other company's and steel their Technology and reproduce it.

Another report I saw said that they found malware from China designed to interrupt or shut down our power grid. Sort of a Trojan horse. Planted there by China sitting dormant waiting for them to flip the switch. I don't understand how this is not perceived as an act of war or terrorism and not treated as such.
Attached Images

Old    Wes (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       Today, 11:03 AM Reply   
That would be a bit hypocritical, wouldn't it Grant? I think we are content to keep this kind of "warfare" on all sides quiet for the time being.
Old    David Christman (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       Today, 11:12 AM Reply   
I was really excited for the movie.. I wanted to see it in theaters for sure and not just at home. I am extremely disappointed.
Old    Dave (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       Today, 12:42 PM Reply   
The interview gets cancelled but Team America was ok?

I just can't believe Sony folded. To me I think it's stupid to think something was going to happen if a theater was to show the movie.

PS. Is that guy using a piece of carpet under the mouse?
Old    "G" (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       Today, 1:25 PM Reply   
Wes: I guess if the US is "as pure as the driven snow" and has never hacked or done anything remotely shady against china , I might have a leg to stand on but Im sure if all things were exposed we have been probably been peeking in on them. So I see your point.