Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old    Rich (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012       10-26-2014, 7:07 PM Reply   
That's awesome Greg. I think a trip out there might be in a my future next spring. I was thinking there or Austin, TX. Sacrrmento is driving distance though, so it could be a fun road trip. I've hit a bunch of 2.0s but never a full setup. Have you been to the other one (Velocity) at all? How do they compare?
Old    GREG MURRAY (Safado)      Join Date: Sep 2012       11-19-2014, 6:25 PM Reply   
Rich-I haven't been to Velocity Island Park yet. It goes clockwise, which is great if you are regular foot. It is also a lot harder to ride. The rails are all rounded on top instead of being flat and they are higher. It is a little cheaper ($29 for 2 hours I think) but you have to rent a helmet and life jacket if you don't have one. Wake Island provides them. I would probably do WI first to at least get a feel for it and rent a cable board if you don't have one. It makes a huge difference. They do a beginner day on saturday mornings too where they go really slow. I felt like a dork my fist time, but it's a lot of fun and quick progression. I takes me about 9.5 hours for me to drive out there. Hopefully I'll be living there in a few months. There was talk about a park at Utah Lake-even an article on KSL a couple years ago, then I never heard another word about it.

Anyways, anyone in NorCal hit me up if you want to ride.
Old    D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-23-2014, 2:09 PM Reply   
I just got word that a 2 lake 2.0 type setup is being currently built here in the Salt Lake area. I have seen pictures of digging in process and it's a LOT closer then anybody will think. I can't wait to see this really get done and when they plan to release info on it. I heard all the permits are in place and the green light has been given. I'm sure winter here is halting all progress but interested to see what the spring brings. That's all the info I have for now...
Old    Rich (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012       11-23-2014, 8:30 PM Reply   
That sounds awesome Greg. I've ridden a few 2.0s but never a full system. I think a spring road trip might be in order. I think the park you're referring to was the attempt in Eagle Mountain. I think that one is dead now.

Josh - That sounds amazing. I look forward to more info. I've had good times driving up to Rexburg, but it's a haul. I'd pay a pretty penny for a season pass if one were in SLC.

I'll keep my fingers crossed
Old    GREG MURRAY (deltaRyder)      Join Date: Mar 2013       12-11-2014, 12:20 PM Reply   
Well, I'm outta here. I'm moving out to northern california. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone on here for making me feel welcome and taking me out on your boats. When I moved to Utah, I had pretty much given up on wakeboarding for way too long before I found out there is a strong community out here. This last year I got to go out with Danny Harf and Shane Bonifay out at Jordanelle, for free even. Hyperlite did a free demo day there, too. Marine Products offers crazy sales on stuff and opportunities to go do these events. Anyways, if anyone wants to ride cable or ride around Sacramento give me a call or email.
celtics17@live.com
801-510-2283

Last edited by deltaRyder; 12-11-2014 at 12:24 PM. Reason: added info
Old    D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-14-2014, 11:14 AM Reply   
Greg ~ Have a great move and hope to don't catch any weather. Don't get out to N. Cali much at all but wondered how the riding scene is. With the help of Marine Products I feel we have a pretty big industry supported scene.
Old    Rich (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012       12-14-2014, 5:47 PM Reply   
Have fun out there Greg. I'll hit you up when I'm out that way next. I'd love to get some cable laps in
Old    D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-16-2014, 11:00 AM Reply   
We need Ryan Shima back...
Name:  shima.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  44.6 KB
Old    Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-16-2014, 1:38 PM Reply   
Hey Greg,
Wishing you a safe move to Sac. If you plan on riding on the Delta, I know a cool guy name Douglas Bender who has a boat & rides there. Look him up if you're on FB, and let him know that I referred you to him.

Josh,
Miss you guys A LOT! I've been so busy with work, that I don't even get to really think about riding anymore. It's really sad. I hope my ability to get on the water more here in Japan will get better, but it's so expensive and a hassle since the nearest location is a 2.5hr train ride from where I live. So keep posting up pics because I will have to continue to live vicariously through all of you for now. Peace out!
Old    D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-18-2014, 12:08 PM Reply   
Shima,
I can't say I would do well losing my option to Wakeboard when I want... but we know family comes first. You know I always have plenty of pictures to share for everybody. I know you wont have a problem getting a ride when you come to town but let me know I'm always happy to take you guys out on the MB.
Old    Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-18-2014, 3:10 PM Reply   
Nothin' but love for ya, Josh!