Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old    Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-12-2017, 4:54 PM Reply   
It was another great Utah Boat Show, maybe the best yet! MP brought in a lot of heavy hitters to represent their respective brands which was awesome for the customers. And it was really nice to see Dave Williams from WW & Jared Cutler from Lead Wake there as well. The season will be upon us soon, and there's a lot of energy already surrounding the PWT coming to Mantua in June. I think this is shaping up to be the best summer for Utah wakeboarding yet!
Old    Rich (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012       02-13-2017, 9:16 AM Reply   
Plus the lakes should be full too! It's been a snowy winter. I'm stoked!
Old    D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-13-2017, 2:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
It was another great Utah Boat Show, maybe the best yet!
For sure a great show and I heard sales were through the roof for everybody! Come on summer sun, lets do this...
Old    Rich (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012       03-06-2017, 5:19 PM Reply   
KSL covering water levels at East

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=43387567&nid=148
Old    Chuck Kambourian (CHUCK_K)      Join Date: Aug 2015       03-06-2017, 5:48 PM Reply   
What about Powell? Too far gone to fill all the way up?
Old    Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-08-2017, 10:07 AM Reply   
Rich, saw that a few days ago too on KSL. All the lakes should be good. Let's hope they let some of the water flow into Utah Lake this year. It was a sad situation last summer for those who call it their home lake.

Chuck, I'm not 100% sure but I was always told that Powell gets the majority of it's water supply from the Colorado River flowing into it. So it depended on CO's snowfall numbers.
Old    PLR (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-08-2017, 10:12 AM Reply   
Quick question about Utah. Where are the best places to ride? Are there any lakes that you can actually live on?
Old    Tracy Sivey (Sivs1)      Join Date: Nov 2015       03-08-2017, 10:46 AM Reply   
Plenty of lakes around. A few ski lake communities
Old    Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-02-2017, 8:10 PM Reply   
Hey Everyone,

The 2017 season is upon us so if you need any supplies for your boat, or new watersports gear, you can use my discount code, ry2017, at www.marine-products.com for 10% off your purchase at checkout. If you living locally, you can save on shipping by calling the store after your order is placed and arrange for you to pick it up yourself.

Can't wait for this weather to get consistent!
Old    Rich (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012       04-03-2017, 11:28 AM Reply   
Yeah, hopefully more consistent soon. That warm streak 2 weeks ago was exciting. I pulled the Pineapple Man out of my garage to start getting him ready for riding. Leaving it winterized for now though, just in case.
Old    Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-03-2017, 1:50 PM Reply   
I hear ya Rich. Weather kind of changed for the worse this week. Thus still looks decent though.
Old    D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-14-2017, 8:33 AM Reply   
Speaking of... Today is the day! Heading to Marine Products this afternoon to pickup the 2017 demo Moomba Mojo. First time with such a big boat and can't wait to dial her in.
Name:  IMG_1479a.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  84.2 KB
Old    Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-14-2017, 5:16 PM Reply   
Nice Josh! That needs a Hooters logo on it with that color scheme! It will pop on the water for sure. When you dropping her in, and am I actually going to get an invite this year to try her out finally?
Old    Rich (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012       04-16-2017, 10:26 AM Reply   
I think Ryan is asking the right questions here
Old    D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-17-2017, 6:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_shima1 View Post
Nice Josh! That needs a Hooters logo on it with that color scheme! It will pop on the water for sure. When you dropping her in, and am I actually going to get an invite this year to try her out finally?
Hooters or Harley you take your pick 😏. Need to start the break in process ASAP and see what wake I can produce. UT lake is looking decent and close to get the break in done, hope to talk with them today.
Awesome pictures as usual coming from the weekend. My goodness that SANTE 210 don't disappoint.
Old    Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-17-2017, 11:44 AM Reply   
I took the MP Mojo camping back in 2013 when my 22ssv had to get some repairs and I was impressed with the wake when loaded down, so getting a wake to produce 4 years later should only be better, right? Utah Lake should be on the rise, but you have Deer Creek or bring it up to Willard & we'll get her broken in. And yes, the 210 wake never disappoints, even 15 years later. You need to sesh her again soon!
Old    Tracy Sivey (Sivs1)      Join Date: Nov 2015       04-23-2017, 5:53 AM Reply   
It's almost May, have not had the SA out yet and looking at the next 5 days snow is forecasted for 4 of them. Come on Utah, give it up, winter is over.
Old    Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-23-2017, 3:47 PM Reply   
it's definitely been one of those springs. Not any better down in the valley since the next 5 days are scheduled for rain. Ugh!
Old    D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-27-2017, 8:55 AM Reply   
Name:  17990723_10211361749831324_5720793126610819599_n.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  42.7 KB
Old    Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-02-2017, 7:59 AM Reply   
If you have any old, pre-loved wake gear sitting around, bring it to MP for their Swap Sale and receive either 100% in-store credit or 70% cash back. And don't forget to use my discount code, ry2017, at checkout to receive 10% off your purchases!
Attached Images

Old    D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-02-2017, 8:26 AM Reply   
Huge thank you for anybody that made it out to the Jordanelle clean up day. I mapped my route and racked up some distance while picking up about 10 lbs of trash.
Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  48.7 KB
Old    Tings (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-25-2017, 2:34 PM Reply   
anybody been to Utah Lake this year? I was trying to get the courage up to go back. We went last spring and hit our prop right off the trailer. This was at the saratoga springs pelican bay marina, in a axis A20. We never went back, I know they let a ton of water out of deer creek but wasnt sure if it was enough to raise the lake from last years low.
Old    Rich (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012       05-25-2017, 4:48 PM Reply   
I usually don't ride Utah Lake, but KSL has this article about the current state there:

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=44361782&nid=148
Old    D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-13-2017, 3:19 PM Reply   
Ive been only to Provo and it's reading 4-5' in the harbor and 7-8' in the main lake. I've only used it to get break-in hours and not riding since it's so shallow.
Old    D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-20-2017, 6:18 AM Reply   
Well I have been through a couple of Mojo's this season and still haven't rode one. Got the break in then sold for customers to enjoy and not have to worry about the first 10 hour service. So I picked up a Helix on Friday and towed to to Powell to get the break in done ASAP. This boat comes in small at 20.5' and I love everything about it. Built for the budget and keep a good wake boat in the affordable range. So far the wake and wave have been the best but only got a little time to play with them. I myself think a 20/21' boat is perfect for a day on the lake and a decent crew.
Name:  Helix11.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  87.2 KB

Name:  Helix12.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  186.6 KB
Old    D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-13-2017, 12:25 PM Reply   
FIRE ON THE WATER this weekend, hope most can join. $20 per car load and plenty of family fun to be had at Jordanelle.
Old    Rich (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-13-2017, 12:41 PM Reply   
Hey Josh, how did you like the Helix vs your MB? Was the pickup pretty amazing with that engine? I agree the price is right. Also, I was at MP the other day and it looks like their is a new secret model being released soon. I told them I wouldn't say anything online, but I'm looking forward to hearing your report on that one too.
Old    D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-18-2017, 7:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Hey Josh, how did you like the Helix vs your MB?
I was obsessed with the MB wake until the Helix came along and gave it a run for it's water. The MB did feel slightly larger in length (5" truly) since they cut out of the sun pad and added a little more cabin room. Now the Helix at 20.5' really don't seem small at all and still gives you a full sunpad for long days on the water. With the Indmar Raptor 400 the Helix has never had a problem getting to wake speeds. The heaviest time I ran it I only had a half tank of gas but I'm certain it would get up no problem. If I feel like I need a little more I can engage the Moomba Launch and that deploys the surf tabs 50% to help get up. The drive of the Helix trumps the MB, always felt like I was fighting something when having to turn the MB. Technology - Helix
I can't wait till I get a chance to play with the new 2018 model and see how it compares to the rest of the lineup. From what I have seen it's going to be a big hit and not breaking the bank.
Old    E.J. (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-19-2017, 9:23 PM Reply   
It's not a done deal, but seriously thinking of dumping my boat. It's still sitting at the side of the house, hasn't been out, hell, pulled the cover off last Friday, hasn't been cleaned. We're just talking about getting out to run it & can't find a weekend, I'll have to take days off in the week.

Still kinda hesitant, but this chit isn't getting better next year, we're dumping weekends on teams that we're playing for. Anyway, feelers are good.

Michelle's co-worker wanted her to talk if we wanted to sell, so I ask Michelle to talk with her & we'll go from there. But again, putting feelers. As far as what I see on Boattrader or OI, we'd be going cheap....

2003 SAN 210 Limited with 3 tanks(flat in back), just over 400 hours if I remember correct and runs like a top, zero mechanical issues. Interior is fine, but a 13 year old boat(14?), it's not perfect, no need for new skins...but there are cuts(nothing crazy, thumbnail like, but all the same, not perfect) in at least 2 places on the EC and the bow top point has seen its better day.

Anyway, we'll see.... I don't know.
Old    E.J. (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-19-2017, 10:50 PM Reply   
^^^. Add this is a photo(2015). Take it for what it's worth

Think you can zoom and see both nics/blemish in the SD. Don't know what EC was in other post. SD, Sun Deck.

NOTE, I'm a realist, I took that pic and yea, my boat kicks ash, but don't look at that pic and think that boat(exterior) is flawless, it is not. It is pretty though. Has been on the water about 10 days since that pic, so that and storage(outdoors, covered).

Last edited by deuce; 07-19-2017 at 10:57 PM.
Old    Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-21-2017, 11:04 PM Reply   
Hey EJ, I know we already discussed it on FB, but man, I hope you keep her! She's such a timeless boat and wake. I remember you trading in your Cobalt with the Airboom tower for her, and THAT was also a nice boat!

Is every weekend really taken up for you during the summer?

Will keep my eye's and ears open for anyone who may be interested.
Old    E.J. (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-22-2017, 4:13 PM Reply   
Not sure about every weekend, but just uncovered her and cleaned it up this weekend, July 22nd...

We're committed to a soccer tournament next week, in Boston with Abs for hockey first week in August, week we get back Max Cup soccer. So just watching and hoping. Maybe can get up to Starvation in mid August, have to run it...just to run it at this point.

I will say, it was fun washing her down, sitting in it having a beer and listening to the stereo....brought back feeling on the water, which we love.
Old    Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-22-2017, 5:54 PM Reply   
EJ, she still looks purty after all these years! What price are you asking in case I run into anyone who may be interested?
Old    D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-27-2017, 11:45 AM Reply   
Going to be awkard when seeing the boat and asking where EJ is and they say NO EJ HERE...
Old    Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-16-2017, 7:09 PM Reply   
EJ's boat is sold! Congrats to Dylan Rogers on becoming the new owner and welcome to the Nautique family!