Articles
   
       
       
Pics/Video
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    MLO (cbarguy1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       05-09-2014, 1:08 PM Reply   
http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=41743

$50k all day here. Decent wake too.
Old    Steven Pederson (sppeders)      Join Date: Jul 2011       05-09-2014, 2:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn_rider View Post
I don't wanna bet 75k+ but I wanna bet it's not 50k all day.

Attachment 35578
Does that guy have a shared fb page with his wife?
Old    Greg Miller (malibu23lsv)      Join Date: Feb 2012       05-09-2014, 3:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by davez71 View Post
Wakeworld is the home of Mastercraft Bashing..... It really dosent matter what you say about the boat people on this site will always spin it in a negative way.

The NXT is a great idea for MC with new boats pushing close to 100k. They claim that they arent cutting any corners or using a low grade material like seen in the Axis and moomba. So for the same price of an Axis and Moomba your getting a better build boat with a better interior material. Shoot if your paying a few grand more your still making out ahead and more than likely a better resale value because of the name.
This is an ignorant post and why someone should filter out 80% of what is said on here when doing research on a boat. No boat company (even MC) is using “special” plastic, vinyl, aluminum, gel coat, resin or fiberglass materials. The materials are all virtually the same quality and as long as the application is correct, will last for years and years. 90% of all the hardware components come from the same suppliers such as vinyl, electronics, brass running gear, tanks, hoses, fasteners, plastics, aluminum, etc.
The question I have, who are the IDIOTS at MasterCraft that made the decision to bring a new boat into a segment that currently makes up less than 150 units per year? I would fire the directors of marketing and sales if they suggested that and then fire myself if I were the CEO for carrying it out. And to top it off, they thought it was a good idea to make the NXT a narrower beam by 7” compared to the A20 and 3” compared to the R20. If anyone has ever spent time on the old MC 205V/X1/original Xstar then you know what I’m talking about because it starts getting cramped in the cockpit with more than 5 people. So to make up the difference inside the boat they either had to narrow the gunwale (used for deck rigidity) or they made the foam on the seat back thinner. THE VERY FACT THAT IT’S A 91” BEAM IS CUTTING CORNERS!!! Also 600 lbs. heavier and Zane said because it’s “content and construction”. Really, then explain what material and where adds 600 lbs. because the whole idea of building a boat out of fiberglass is that you can get good strength to weight ratios. Absolutely crazy and moronic sales pitch! So I can see the salesman now in the show room…”yes, it’s only 91” beam BUT its 600lbs more content and materials.” Maybe it’s the swing set looking tower that’s so heavy? I don’t get it! Was that negetive? Other than that, cool boat!
Old    Josh Schneider (jps120)      Join Date: Oct 2012       05-09-2014, 3:32 PM Reply   
^^^couldnt agree more
Old    Johnny (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-09-2014, 10:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixable View Post
I don't think anyone, that owns an MC, wants to post anything on WW. It wouldn't matter if it was biggest, best shaped, wake in the world. It would get tore apart on WW.
I disagree. One of the best looking boats ever is the 2008 anniversary Xstar. When guys post those pictures, they get nothing but huge compliments. That Xstar is legendary and NOBODY bashes that boat and its wake. Yes, there are some things about that boat that are less desirable, but the fact is MC did a great job with that boat and the fact they ran it for approx 10 years is proof to that. The 1st and 2nd gen stars/ 205/ x2/x1 is legendary as well and that boat gets nothing but praises on here as well. Yes its small and can be finicky, but thats the only complaints, the boat is sick and the wake is excellent, still today. Really, MC does some shady things, puts out boats that make us on ww say "what the crap" and their marketing is terrible terrible. The xstar video, release and the nxt video and release are proof of that as well.

I love all boats, but here on ww is where us 1% of wakeboat owners really pay attention and call shenanigans when we see them, regardless of boat brand. I think that the "hate" on mastercraft seems excessive compared to the rest is because for the last few years, they (MC) deserve it. In my opinion, of course.
Old    Eric (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       05-09-2014, 11:02 PM Reply   
^ya, you obviously haven't been around here long enough. I can remember the last gen XStar getting bashed to death on WW. That let up a bit, as more wakeworlders ended up owning them over the years. The bias against MC, is nothing new on WW.

It is no matter anyhow. I fully understand what it has always been about. I was just pointing out that a lot of the MC guys won't participate here because of it.
Old    Johnny (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-09-2014, 11:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixable View Post
^ya, you obviously haven't been around here long enough. I can remember the last gen XStar getting bashed to death on WW. That let up a bit, as more wakeworlders ended up owning them over the years. The bias against MC, is nothing new on WW.

It is no matter anyhow. I fully understand what it has always been about. I was just pointing out that a lot of the MC guys won't participate here because of it.
I have been around since 2006, just 2 years after the Gen 3 star was released, and it has been almost 8 years, but I do not remember excessive xstar bashing. Maybe it was bad and I just forgot. Crap man, I owned a Tige back then and tige gets bashed more than MC and I had no problem posting on here.

Talking about boats is very fun, and what matters is going out on the water with friends and family and enjoying the lifestyle. On an NXT it will be just as fun, even if you end up paying too much for a v drive ski boat with a tower on it, it's not my money
Old    Eric (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       05-10-2014, 8:02 AM Reply   
I'm not gonna say you are wrong about Tige getting bashed here, in years passed. (And still do a bit)
Old    Steve Amestoy (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-10-2014, 10:15 AM Reply   
Everyone was saying this boat weighed in at 4100 lbs but on the MC NXT build site it says it weighs 3825 lbs. My star is 4250 lbs so I was already thinking 4100 was heavy for a 20' boat. The boat looks like it should way around 3500 or so.
Old    DTB (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       05-10-2014, 10:18 AM Reply   
Those screen shots are interesting. Maybe they will run some kind of special. The 50th boat sold gets it for 50g"s. Hey if they spec one out just like the one in the video for 50g's I may even buy one.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-10-2014, 4:29 PM Reply   
axis a20 and tige r20 would like to have a word with you MC....
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-10-2014, 4:36 PM Reply   
WTF at the gauges? or lack there of...
Old    Dwight Kinley (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-10-2014, 5:07 PM Reply   
Only interested in this boat if it is eligible for the cash rewards program
Old    Brett Yates (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-10-2014, 8:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by beretta5spd View Post
Only interested in this boat if it is eligible for the cash rewards program
Well Played.
Old    Johnny (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-11-2014, 12:10 PM Reply   
just watched 7 clips with travis pastrana on Alliance. 1st video travis says "starting at 50k…", but a few seconds later, the garage door closes and on the door states "50k all day". I have a feeling MC will slowly phase out the 50k all day and replace it with "starting at 50k" hoping nobody will notice.
Old    R B (IndySkier)      Join Date: Mar 2011       05-11-2014, 7:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek View Post
Curious to see if Wayzata Investment Partners will keep Mastercraft alive really. Rumor has it that things aren't moving and shaking so well. The NXT could be their last effort to make some $$$.
This new line could create share potential that gets them a higher EBITDA multiplier if they are indeed pursuing an exit plan. The brand isn't in question, just owners/equity-partners/debt holders are.
Old    Drew Richardson (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-06-2014, 7:11 PM Reply   
Charlotte Ski Boats has one…..
Old    Steve Amestoy (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-08-2014, 8:45 AM Reply   
Has anyone seen one in person yet? Thoughts?
Old    Mike Schmidt (mschmidt33)      Join Date: Aug 2013       06-10-2014, 9:59 AM Reply   
I saw one at Action Watersports in MI this past weekend. I'm glad we did not wait and went with the RZR.

Overall it felt big for the dimensions. Did not like the dash and the screen is sooo tiny. It had a real teak platform which I actually liked. Not a fan of the bimini at all... looked very cheap. Tower was better than the pictures I saw early. Front bow was big... again, plenty of space and felt bigger than our RZR. Vinyl is nice but very plain.

This all really means nothing since I did not demo it. We are very happy with the wake in our RZR for about the same price as the NXT.

Mike
Old    Ryan K (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-10-2014, 3:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschmidt33 View Post
I saw one at Action Watersports in MI this past weekend. I'm glad we did not wait and went with the RZR.

Overall it felt big for the dimensions. Did not like the dash and the screen is sooo tiny. It had a real teak platform which I actually liked. Not a fan of the bimini at all... looked very cheap. Tower was better than the pictures I saw early. Front bow was big... again, plenty of space and felt bigger than our RZR. Vinyl is nice but very plain.

This all really means nothing since I did not demo it. We are very happy with the wake in our RZR for about the same price as the NXT.

Mike
For about the same price? I know the R20 is way under what the NXT is specing out at, but I figured the RZR would be a good bit under it too since it seems that the general impression is that a moderately loaded NXT would run around $75k. Just curious what the price tag on that NXT was?

Last edited by FastR3DN3K; 06-10-2014 at 3:03 PM.
Old    Mike Schmidt (mschmidt33)      Join Date: Aug 2013       06-11-2014, 12:07 PM Reply   
It was light on options. I think they said I could have it for 65K, but they were actually kidding since it is there demo boat only and not for sale.


Quote:
Originally Posted by FastR3DN3K View Post
For about the same price? I know the R20 is way under what the NXT is specing out at, but I figured the RZR would be a good bit under it too since it seems that the general impression is that a moderately loaded NXT would run around $75k. Just curious what the price tag on that NXT was?
Old    J B (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-13-2014, 8:33 AM Reply   
Saw this ad on fox this morning. had to laugh because of the "hood" the guy was wearing.
Attached Images
 
Old    Chattwake (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-13-2014, 8:38 AM Reply   
50 AK all day.
Water looks good in Guantanamo Bay.
Old    Justin Harrelson (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-13-2014, 9:27 AM Reply   
When a hooded Parks Bonifay wakesurfs up to your city gate while pounding a beer, you know your city is doomed. Sorry Baghdad, you're screwed.
Old    TJ (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       06-13-2014, 9:35 AM Reply   
That's just awful marketing.
Old    Aric Brabec (aricsx15)      Join Date: Jan 2014       06-13-2014, 10:14 AM Reply   
That ad showed up based on your web history. If i was to screenshot that it would be a different ad. Now come back with another MC bash!
Old    Justin Harrelson (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-13-2014, 11:01 AM Reply   
Aric, don't be silly. The terrorist mask in the ads is bad marketing. That it popped up next to an article about terrorists is hilarious.

It wasn't anything to do with the stupid my 100K boat is better than your 100K boat crap.
Old    L W (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-13-2014, 11:07 AM Reply   
Sorry, but that ad IS STUPID. I own a MC, and that ad is embarrassing.

Surfing with "Lion" Shorts, a Balaclava and drinking a beer? I would imagine they were trying to fit as much douche into one picture as possible. Not impressive, that's for sure.
Old    Timmy! (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-13-2014, 11:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjeremi View Post
Saw this ad on fox this morning. had to laugh because of the "hood" the guy was wearing.
I had that same ad.
Old    Swatguy (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-13-2014, 1:27 PM Reply   
That add is definitely a head scratcher . Who thinks that is going to sell any boat except a Baja.
FACEPALM


ski boarder's comment is awesome.

Too bad the Surf Pic D##% thread got closed because I am certain Parks wins hands down.
Old    Brett Yates (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-13-2014, 7:52 PM Reply   
I live about a half mile from the Seattle area MC dealer. I need to walk my arse down there and see if they have one. I will almost guarantee I will crap my pants when I see the price.
Old    Scotty Mo (AlbertaSurfer)      Join Date: May 2014       06-13-2014, 9:59 PM Reply   
For what it's worth, he's drinking a Red Bull, not a beer. MasterCraft seems to be marketing the NXT as, "piss around, be stupid, tube, laugh, who cares! Just wreck the boat, and buy another one because it's only $50k and not a real boat anyway!"

Even if one could be had for near the advertised price, I still don't get it. A watered down MasterCraft, that's actually marketed as a watered down MasterCraft? Why not put your "$50k all day" into a boat the seller is actually proud of?
Old    Bryce Pool (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       08-05-2014, 6:30 PM Reply   
Anyone bought one of these junkers yet?
Old    Captain Obvious (Captain_obvious)      Join Date: Jan 2014       08-05-2014, 6:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce2320 View Post
Anyone bought one of these junkers yet?
You own an Axis n are calling Mastercraft junk.....
Old    Bryce Pool (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       08-05-2014, 7:02 PM Reply   
Haha, just trying to get the pot stirred. But seriously, I haven't heard anything about the NXT this summer???
Old    DTB (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       08-05-2014, 7:16 PM Reply   
I can tell you the dealer I spoke with hasn't sold one. Nada Zero! Oh and by the way the price was 65 and wasn't loaded. On a single axel trailer.
Old    Ron (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-05-2014, 7:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatTexasBoy View Post
I can tell you the dealer I spoke with hasn't sold one. Nada Zero! Oh and by the way the price was 65 and wasn't loaded. On a single axel trailer.

They will prob sell more of these than they do x-stars! My dealer has only sold 1 x-star to date! I still think the x-10,x-25 and x-30 will carry them.
Old    DTB (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       08-05-2014, 7:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicron View Post
They will prob sell more of these than they do x-stars! My dealer has only sold 1 x-star to date! I still think the x-10,x-25 and x-30 will carry them.
Nope. Pretty sure they've sold at least 5 x - stars that I know of 3 were Pre Orders.
Old    Ron (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-06-2014, 7:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatTexasBoy View Post
Nope. Pretty sure they've sold at least 5 x - stars that I know of 3 were Pre Orders.

Sold 5 new style xstars in total? That's not something to brag about.
Old    DTB (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       08-06-2014, 7:32 AM Reply   
Hey i totally agree. It was just an fyi. They may have sold 10 i don't keep up with it just got told this at the boat show in February.
Old    Brett Yates (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-06-2014, 8:33 AM Reply   
Don't ever believe sales people at a boat show. After working a few I can tell you that if you ask how they are doing everyone says "the show is awesome, we have written a ton of boats".
Old    Diggs (pdxWAKE) (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-06-2014, 8:35 AM Reply   
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ What Brett said...
Old    Delta Force (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-06-2014, 10:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicron View Post
Sold 5 new style xstars in total? That's not something to brag about.
Hope this is a joke. You think Texas Mastercraft hasn't sold their 2013 Xstars and more? Just because they aren't on WW doesn't mean they aren't out there... There are at least 2 that I know of on WW, its not like there are 15Gs, I can think of 5 or 6 on here but its not crazy numbers...?
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=795185
Old    Dustin Lacefield (DustyL)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-06-2014, 12:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu23lsv View Post
This is an ignorant post and why someone should filter out 80% of what is said on here when doing research on a boat. No boat company (even MC) is using “special” plastic, vinyl, aluminum, gel coat, resin or fiberglass materials. The materials are all virtually the same quality and as long as the application is correct, will last for years and years. 90% of all the hardware components come from the same suppliers such as vinyl, electronics, brass running gear, tanks, hoses, fasteners, plastics, aluminum, etc.
The question I have, who are the IDIOTS at MasterCraft that made the decision to bring a new boat into a segment that currently makes up less than 150 units per year? I would fire the directors of marketing and sales if they suggested that and then fire myself if I were the CEO for carrying it out. And to top it off, they thought it was a good idea to make the NXT a narrower beam by 7” compared to the A20 and 3” compared to the R20. If anyone has ever spent time on the old MC 205V/X1/original Xstar then you know what I’m talking about because it starts getting cramped in the cockpit with more than 5 people. So to make up the difference inside the boat they either had to narrow the gunwale (used for deck rigidity) or they made the foam on the seat back thinner. THE VERY FACT THAT IT’S A 91” BEAM IS CUTTING CORNERS!!! Also 600 lbs. heavier and Zane said because it’s “content and construction”. Really, then explain what material and where adds 600 lbs. because the whole idea of building a boat out of fiberglass is that you can get good strength to weight ratios. Absolutely crazy and moronic sales pitch! So I can see the salesman now in the show room…”yes, it’s only 91” beam BUT its 600lbs more content and materials.” Maybe it’s the swing set looking tower that’s so heavy? I don’t get it! Was that negetive? Other than that, cool boat!
Are you positive that they all use the same materials? Can you provide evidence of this? Have you spoke with the vendors who provide these materials? Just curious if that is the truth and how you found out..

How did you find out there are only 150 boats built per year in this segment? Seems relatively low to me. I know Moomba built a lot of boats last year... They built at least 300 Mondos (fact). Axis has ramped up production as well.

Have you been inside of a NXT to really see if it gets cramped like an older narrow beam model? Or are you just assuming that it has a small interior from photos? Have you measured out the ACTUAL interior space of a NXT and compared it to similar models for yourself? I'm willing to bet it's pretty close!

Yes you are correct that a NXT weighs more than its competition. So it is suddenly a bad thing that the boat weighs more? I thought everyone praised the G series for being such large, heavy boats and creating huge wakes.

What I am getting at is you called someone ignorant for posting their opinion and then, post your own opinion with biased facts that may or may not be true. I have an idea... go to your Mastercraft dealer. Take a look at a NXT with an unbiased opinion and see if it matches up well to its competition. Demo the boat if you can. The truth is, you can buy this boat for $50,000 + the same fees that come along with any other manufacture (tax, license, freight, prep, etc). Is anyone going to buy this boat with no options? Probably not. Is it in the same ball park as its competition loaded with options? Yes it is. Same way you can purchase a BMW now for $30,000 but more than likely you will end up spending $45,000 depending on your options. You cannot argue the boats true size or abilities by seeing the boat online and not in person. That's like going on match.com and deciding that Julie must be a lovely lady with a great personality because she's blonde with a great body...

Am I biased to Mastercraft? Not necessarily. There are plenty of other very nice boats out there as well. I just think that everyone here is missing the point with the NXT. This boat IS NOT for your professional boarders and surfers. It is for those that would traditionally purchase a runabout boat or entry level tournament boat that doesn't have $80,000+ to spend. Is it still a great surf/wake boat? Go demo one yourself and decide... That's why they make the X Series, or why Axis has Malibu, or Mooma and Supra, etc...
Old    Brett Yates (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-06-2014, 12:18 PM Reply   
Has anyone actually heard of one of these sold or seen one on their home lake/river/bay?
Old    Ron (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-06-2014, 12:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebordr11 View Post
Hope this is a joke. You think Texas Mastercraft hasn't sold their 2013 Xstars and more? Just because they aren't on WW doesn't mean they aren't out there... There are at least 2 that I know of on WW, its not like there are 15Gs, I can think of 5 or 6 on here but its not crazy numbers...?
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=795185

I have no idea what TX MC sold, I said my local dealer which serves the 5 chain lake in my home city has apparently only sold one. Along with my dealer, cincy MC, Chicago MC and Tennessee MC none of them even had one on their showroom floor when i stopped in this summer or last. Every Nautique dealer in those same cities had G21 and g23 in the showroom. Just seems weird.
Old    Tom (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-06-2014, 12:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicron View Post
I have no idea what TX MC sold, I said my local dealer which serves the 5 chain lake in my home city has apparently only sold one. Along with my dealer, cincy MC, Chicago MC and Tennessee MC none of them even had one on their showroom floor when i stopped in this summer or last. Every Nautique dealer in those same cities had G21 and g23 in the showroom. Just seems weird.
X-Star is a GREAT boat, but I think that your average buyer probably sees more value in other boats in the MC lineup. The X46 is the popular buy-guy, the X30 is known for its surf wake, etc...
Old    Diggs (pdxWAKE) (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-06-2014, 1:34 PM Reply   
I believe our dealer has sold 2 Xstars... One 2013 sold last year and one 2013 being sold as we speak. I don't have any confirmation, but I know of those 2 cause I know who bought them. They may have sold one or two others, but I doubt it.
Old    Brett Yates (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-06-2014, 1:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler97217 View Post
I believe our dealer has sold 2 Xstars... One 2013 sold last year and one 2013 being sold as we speak. I don't have any confirmation, but I know of those 2 cause I know who bought them. They may have sold one or two others, but I doubt it.
Bigger boats don't sell real well in the Portland area do they? Isn't most everything 23' or less?
Old    Jordan Maxymek (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       08-06-2014, 2:33 PM Reply   
We had our first in the shop (Midwest MC) for maybe two weeks and it was gone. Guys who bought were back in a week for their 20hr and are loving it. Our second is a demo.
Old    Diggs (pdxWAKE) (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-06-2014, 3:29 PM Reply   
Brett
Probably not as well as up there, cause we don't have a ton of big open water. There are quite a few X45's, LSV's out running around though...
Old    Matthew Alsbury (MattAlz33)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-07-2014, 8:01 AM Reply   
I saw one at a PWT stop. I talked to the dealer and he said the one at the stop was $75K because it had the wake and surf upgrade and came with a bimi.
Old    Brett Yates (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-07-2014, 8:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattAlz33 View Post
I saw one at a PWT stop. I talked to the dealer and he said the one at the stop was $75K because it had the wake and surf upgrade and came with a bimi.
ouch, 75k all day I guess?
Old    Eric (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       08-07-2014, 8:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicron View Post
I have no idea what TX MC sold, I said my local dealer which serves the 5 chain lake in my home city has apparently only sold one. Along with my dealer, cincy MC, Chicago MC and Tennessee MC none of them even had one on their showroom floor when i stopped in this summer or last. Every Nautique dealer in those same cities had G21 and g23 in the showroom. Just seems weird.
Im sure that Nautique has sold more G's. I don't think that is debatable. That being said, MC sold a heck of a lot of XStars. It was only released late summer of 2012, and by January 13, the were building #185. I would imagine they built around 220-250 of them for 2013, and similar numbers for '14. It may not have met their expectations, but certainly wasn't a flop.
Old    Swatguy (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-07-2014, 10:55 AM Reply   
The reason the XStar isn't selling is because they've really opened up their line and finally hit some home runs with multi use hulls. Wakeboarding has long passed its peak. Gone are the days of core riders buying core wakeboats as they have simply priced themselves out of the market share. Let's be honest sure there are older guys who shred but wakeboarding is a young mana game that peaked in early to mid 2000's. The average young rider that wakeboards 90% of the time isn't dropping a 100k on a boat. Which is exactly the rider who would benifit from an XStar. People want boats that tube, surf, wakeboard, ride nice and have space. Pro Wakeboard wakes are prettyuch gone as requirement as almost every boat mfg now throws an advanced wake with weight. These things are ginormous. So people buy way more of these not so "one trick ponies" I don't care what Zane claims on u tube or how many other mfg he bashes in his promo adds. The fact of the matter is that the new star is still a one trick pony and almost every boat in their line currently out performs it in a family oriented , multisport atmospher with way more friendly features inside. MC I bet is moving 3 times as many X25's x30's and x10's in each boat than stars and I bet it's conplety unrelated to the price tag on the star.

The G on the other hand offers that once in a lifetime wake we all want yet still performs as a top level muti use boat. That's why it is beating the Star plain and simple

I am gonna date myself here, I have been on this site for 15 years. Way back when we used to see tons of pics of brand new wake specific boats rolling out with tons of riding pics and massive wakes. We barely see any new high end wake machines on here. Sure there are about handful , but before we used to see dozens, it use to be a drool fest every year. Companies don't care about moving numbers, their price reflects that. They would rather sell 5 high end units for production than the 50 lower cost units of the past. It's purely business. Half the workers to build half the demand, stil same profit margins. Wakeboats have reached luxury boat status whether we wanted it to or not. For us old core guys it brings tear to my eye that a brand new wakeboat will almost never be for me again

Last edited by xstarrider; 08-07-2014 at 11:03 AM.
Old    Brett Yates (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-07-2014, 11:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
The reason the XStar isn't selling is because they've really opened up their line and finally hit some home runs with multi use hulls. Wakeboarding has long passed its peak. Gone are the days of core riders buying core wakeboats as they have simply priced themselves out of the market share. Let's be honest sure there are older guys who shred but wakeboarding is a young mana game that peaked in early to mid 2000's. The average young rider that wakeboards 90% of the time isn't dropping a 100k on a boat. Which is exactly the rider who would benifit from an XStar. People want boats that tube, surf, wakeboard, ride nice and have space. Pro Wakeboard wakes are prettyuch gone as requirement as almost every boat mfg now throws an advanced wake with weight. These things are ginormous. So people buy way more of these not so "one trick ponies" I don't care what Zane claims on u tube or how many other mfg he bashes in his promo adds. The fact of the matter is that the new star is still a one trick pony and almost every boat in their line currently out performs it in a family oriented , multisport atmospher with way more friendly features inside. MC I bet is moving 3 times as many X25's x30's and x10's in each boat than stars and I bet it's conplety unrelated to the price tag on the star.

The G on the other hand offers that once in a lifetime wake we all want yet still performs as a top level muti use boat. That's why it is beating the Star plain and simple

I am gonna date myself here, I have been on this site for 15 years. Way back when we used to see tons of pics of brand new wake specific boats rolling out with tons of riding pics and massive wakes. We barely see any new high end wake machines on here. Sure there are about handful , but before we used to see dozens, it use to be a drool fest every year. Companies don't care about moving numbers, their price reflects that. They would rather sell 5 high end units for production than the 50 lower cost units of the past. It's purely business. Half the workers to build half the demand, stil same profit margins. Wakeboats have reached luxury boat status whether we wanted it to or not. For us old core guys it brings tear to my eye that a brand new wakeboat will almost never be for me again
I can't disagree with any of that. Sometimes (who am I kidding, most of the time) the wakeworld community seems to think that the wake is the most important feature of the boat when it is very likely that is pretty far down the list for the "average boat buyer".
Old    J (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       08-07-2014, 11:19 AM Reply   
I saw the nxt at norcal mastercraft last week.
No thanks. I'll pass.
Old    Brett Yates (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-07-2014, 11:22 AM Reply   
J, what didn't you like at about? Was there anything you did like about it? What were they asking for it?
Old    J (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       08-07-2014, 11:25 AM Reply   
Very small. Very basic.
Teak platform is shaped odd and I don't think meshes with the boat at all.
Might as well buy an A20 and save your dollars.
I think the price was around 57k. But don't quote me on that. Wasn't interested in it the slightest bit so I didn't pay attention to asking price.

Personally I think the money would be much better spent on a much nicer, 2-3 year old boat. Get a lot more for your money, if you have 60k to spend.
Old    Tom (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-07-2014, 12:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
The reason the XStar isn't selling is because they've really opened up their line and finally hit some home runs with multi use hulls. Wakeboarding has long passed its peak. Gone are the days of core riders buying core wakeboats as they have simply priced themselves out of the market share. Let's be honest sure there are older guys who shred but wakeboarding is a young mana game that peaked in early to mid 2000's. The average young rider that wakeboards 90% of the time isn't dropping a 100k on a boat. Which is exactly the rider who would benifit from an XStar. People want boats that tube, surf, wakeboard, ride nice and have space. Pro Wakeboard wakes are prettyuch gone as requirement as almost every boat mfg now throws an advanced wake with weight. These things are ginormous. So people buy way more of these not so "one trick ponies" I don't care what Zane claims on u tube or how many other mfg he bashes in his promo adds. The fact of the matter is that the new star is still a one trick pony and almost every boat in their line currently out performs it in a family oriented , multisport atmospher with way more friendly features inside. MC I bet is moving 3 times as many X25's x30's and x10's in each boat than stars and I bet it's conplety unrelated to the price tag on the star.

The G on the other hand offers that once in a lifetime wake we all want yet still performs as a top level muti use boat. That's why it is beating the Star plain and simple

I am gonna date myself here, I have been on this site for 15 years. Way back when we used to see tons of pics of brand new wake specific boats rolling out with tons of riding pics and massive wakes. We barely see any new high end wake machines on here. Sure there are about handful , but before we used to see dozens, it use to be a drool fest every year. Companies don't care about moving numbers, their price reflects that. They would rather sell 5 high end units for production than the 50 lower cost units of the past. It's purely business. Half the workers to build half the demand, stil same profit margins. Wakeboats have reached luxury boat status whether we wanted it to or not. For us old core guys it brings tear to my eye that a brand new wakeboat will almost never be for me again
This is exactly the point I was getting at with my above 2 sentence post. Well said.
Old    Captain Obvious (Captain_obvious)      Join Date: Jan 2014       08-07-2014, 8:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
The reason the XStar isn't selling is because they've really opened up their line and finally hit some home runs with multi use hulls. Wakeboarding has long passed its peak. Gone are the days of core riders buying core wakeboats as they have simply priced themselves out of the market share. Let's be honest sure there are older guys who shred but wakeboarding is a young mana game that peaked in early to mid 2000's. The average young rider that wakeboards 90% of the time isn't dropping a 100k on a boat. Which is exactly the rider who would benifit from an XStar. People want boats that tube, surf, wakeboard, ride nice and have space. Pro Wakeboard wakes are prettyuch gone as requirement as almost every boat mfg now throws an advanced wake with weight. These things are ginormous. So people buy way more of these not so "one trick ponies" I don't care what Zane claims on u tube or how many other mfg he bashes in his promo adds. The fact of the matter is that the new star is still a one trick pony and almost every boat in their line currently out performs it in a family oriented , multisport atmospher with way more friendly features inside. MC I bet is moving 3 times as many X25's x30's and x10's in each boat than stars and I bet it's conplety unrelated to the price tag on the star.

The G on the other hand offers that once in a lifetime wake we all want yet still performs as a top level muti use boat. That's why it is beating the Star plain and simple

I am gonna date myself here, I have been on this site for 15 years. Way back when we used to see tons of pics of brand new wake specific boats rolling out with tons of riding pics and massive wakes. We barely see any new high end wake machines on here. Sure there are about handful , but before we used to see dozens, it use to be a drool fest every year. Companies don't care about moving numbers, their price reflects that. They would rather sell 5 high end units for production than the 50 lower cost units of the past. It's purely business. Half the workers to build half the demand, stil same profit margins. Wakeboats have reached luxury boat status whether we wanted it to or not. For us old core guys it brings tear to my eye that a brand new wakeboat will almost never be for me again
Can't call the new star a one trick pony if you've been on one with gen 2......
Old     (Froggy)      Join Date: Nov 2013       08-08-2014, 10:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake2snow View Post
Froggy you should get your facts straight before talking you sound dumb. I just ordered NXT with all the options minus the stereo upgrade because I'm going to do my own thing with the radio and the boat was $63,000 which is right on pair with Moomba and Axis and I know that because I was looking at those companies before I bought the NXT and the Mastercraft is built better. Also the inside of the boat isn't small has the exact same amount as an x2.
So did you get your NXT yet ? How does it go oh yeah without pics it never happened?
Old    Broc Schall (bschall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-11-2014, 3:29 PM Reply   
Shape of the teak deck is so it doesnt interfere with the surf wave.
Based off of the size of most new boats today the NXT is pretty small but the interior space is def not lacking. I have a 02 san 210 and the NXT is pretty equivalent in roominess but does have more storage space than I have now. My buddy drove one for a demo day we had and he was impressed by the surf wave but we have not got to see a dialed in wakeboard wake.

As for the gen 2 on the xstar my buddy just got it installed and they are super impressed. Ill try and get some pics up stat.
Old    Trapper (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-12-2014, 11:08 AM Reply   
I have a slightly different perspective on the NXT and I am very close to pulling the trigger on a new ride.

95% of the time we are on the water is spent wakeboarding. Typically with 5 people or less. Our boat sits on a lift and doesn't come off if the water isn't smooth, sometimes we drive across the lake for ice cream. Therefore I don't need a huge boat with 4000 lbs of ballast and seating for 16. I would prefer to have a 20 to 21 foot boat that requires around 1,500 lbs total weight to make a nice wake.

I own a surfboard that never leaves our shed except if the neighbor wants to borrow it. This could be because our current boat is a pain to surf. If I had a boat with NSS, SG, Gen2 we might surf a bit more particularly if someone is hurt or if guests are out and want to try it. Not saying surfing isn't fun, just not what our group is focused on. I would likely get any available surf option for resale purposes understanding that most v-drives are for sold/marketed for surfing.

I primarily want a easy to maintain, wake maker with a big heater, easy ballast fill, perfect pass and maybe some tower speakers (which I've never even had before) and was exited to here about the NXT. I want this new boat to be durable/reliable and easy to keep looking nice. Tarp off, boards in the rack, go have fun.

I still think if I went new it is in the running at the price I was quoted, which is in line with the mondo or R20 and less than the Axis or MB tomcat (although i'm not sure where a less optioned A20/A22 come in at as most i've seen are vandall editions). At this point I think the Moomba is ahead, but i haven't driven or rode behind either.

I had poster of the nautique 210 on my wall and nautique is my first love however at $80K to $90K I am out. (I would be a sucker for a nautique "value" line). At 60K I could probably pick up a 2009 210. Six model years old...
Old    Darren Lamont (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       08-12-2014, 11:36 AM Reply   
A20/A22 should be less than the NXT if you compare them option for option.
Old    Ryan K (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013       08-12-2014, 2:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
A20/A22 should be less than the NXT if you compare them option for option.
I was thinking that too. Comparing a Vandall edition to a base model NXT isn't really an apples-to-apples comparison. Go look at the most basic A20/A22, add in the few options that you want since you said you don't need a slammed boat, and compare it to a similarly equipped NXT and I think you'll be surprised. Also the Axis wake is proven to be really good right out of the box, and only gets better if you add weight in the future. Plus the Axis is going to feel absolutely massive compared to the NXT since has a much wider beam and narrower interior panels than most boats.

I looked at buying an A22 before my RZ4, and even though the boats are the same beam width and the RZ4 is 2' longer, the A22 still felt more spacious than my boat. Maybe not as plush, but that's not necessarily a bad thing if you're looking for a very basic/gets the job done with no frills kind of boat. Personally I think if it's solely a money aspect, the R20 is going to win the debate. If you're talking about a combination of wake quality vs. price, then the Axis A20 is the best option since I'm pretty sure it throws a better board wake than the R20. There's just too many unknowns with the NXT in my book: no good wake pics, too many price variables, sketchy manufacturer claims, etc.
Old    Trapper (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-12-2014, 2:33 PM Reply   
Ryan/Darren, totally agree on the apples to apples comparison.

I need to take a closer look. Last time I looked at the Axis pricing was at a boat show and I almost choked...might have had an LS3, super sparkle hologram paint, gazillion watt stereo and a tricked out trailer..From what I remeber the A20vsA22 werent much different in terms of price.

I also looked at the R20 which looks nice enough but i can't really find much on the wakeboard wake. Clearly focused on surfing. Didn't see one at the boat show either (unless it was parked underneth the ASR).

Im going to give the NXT a shot, espcially if wake reveiws start coming in positive.
Old    Brett Yates (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-12-2014, 4:29 PM Reply   
There are a couple guys on here with RZRs. Same hull as the R20. I am sure if you make a post about the R20/RZR wakeboard wake at least a few people will chime in.

Were the 21 foot MBs much more than the NXT, A20 or R20? I would think they would be right in the 60K range or very similar to those others but would have high end quality. Even though they are big it seems like they don't need a ton of ballast as well. Most the guys on here are riding with the stock underfloor and like 400-500 in the bow for a total of 2000-2300 pounds. Sure it is not 1500 but I don't know what boats these day do. The only one's that might are old boats like the sanger V210 and OG Nautique SAN210.
Old    Bryce (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-16-2014, 9:34 PM Reply   
Yikes

http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=45191
Old    Kronos (kronoss)      Join Date: Oct 2010       08-16-2014, 10:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucked View Post
I also looked at the R20 which looks nice enough but i can't really find much on the wakeboard wake. Clearly focused on surfing.
The R20/RZR Wakeboard wake is amazing, I honestly run it with 0 ballast, and its huge. Just make sure you are in 8ft+ of water, otherwise it wont be as big.

One time I filled up all ballast + about 5 people in the boat, and i was too afraid to charge the wake. In my experience, from all the wakeboard boats I rode in and owned, its huge, not as big as the G23, but big enough.
Old    Chattwake (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-17-2014, 7:26 AM Reply   
Bryce - 80k all day!
Old    Bryce (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-17-2014, 7:44 AM Reply   
I guess the coast guard kit, freight, prep and options costs 30k if this boat does indeed exist in useable form at 50k. In this day and age, I'm considering useable form to have some type of perfect pass and integrated ballast... They are expected in this market.

Last edited by brycejb328; 08-17-2014 at 7:52 AM. Reason: Forgot a word
Old    Ian Brown (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-17-2014, 8:41 AM Reply   
They have a base one for 50k though too - https://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=45197
Old    Eric (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       08-17-2014, 8:57 AM Reply   
Integrated ballast, and zero off, are standard on the NXT.
Old    Chattwake (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-17-2014, 9:03 AM Reply   
No trailer and you're looking at another 3-4k at least in freight and prep. Trailer is probably another $4k minimum, so more like 58k before you add a single option.

Quote:
* This is a base boat equipped with only the standard features. Hampton Watercraft & Marine can sell you this boat for $50,000 plus Freight & Prep!
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       08-17-2014, 9:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronoss View Post
The R20/RZR Wakeboard wake is amazing, I honestly run it with 0 ballast, and its huge. Just make sure you are in 8ft+ of water, otherwise it wont be as big.

One time I filled up all ballast + about 5 people in the boat, and i was too afraid to charge the wake. In my experience, from all the wakeboard boats I rode in and owned, its huge, not as big as the G23, but big enough.
Eaaaaaasy there killer.

The rzr is a huge wake... for a 20ftr. Throw surf ballast and a bow triangle for ~2400 lbs and it's money. It's just finicky due to a v hull and narrow beam.

It's my 2nd favorite wake behind the 04-12 xstar, yes I like it more than a G23, but perhaps because I'm most used to it. That doesn't mean it's the biggest though...

Last edited by simplej; 08-17-2014 at 9:14 AM.
Old    Eric (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       08-17-2014, 9:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
No trailer and you're looking at another 3-4k at least in freight and prep. Trailer is probably another $4k minimum, so more like 58k before you add a single option.
Who charges 3-4k in freight and prep?!?!? Most I ever paid was $1200.00.
Old    Meathead (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-17-2014, 9:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixable View Post
Who charges 3-4k in freight and prep?!?!? Most I ever paid was $1200.00.
Dealers trying to pack margin back into a boat with a nationally advertised price that is misleading and deceptive, that's who.
Old    Eric (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       08-17-2014, 9:58 AM Reply   
^Examples of that?? You have seen NXTs with a 4k freight and prep charge?
Old    Steve Amestoy (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-04-2014, 12:08 PM Reply   
Got to check one out the other day and was actually impressed with the boat. The tower def looks better in person. The interior space feels way bigger than my old 05 x2. Bow feels small but I'm use to my 06 xstar bow. This one was 62k on a tandem trailer, surf tabs and wake plate, snap in carpet, stereo with 4 interior speakers.Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1412446059036.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  29.8 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1412446072022.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  59.3 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1412446092483.jpg
Views: 585
Size:  47.0 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1412446105742.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  62.6 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1412446120746.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  48.1 KB

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 3:24 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2012 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us