Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-31-2013, 7:54 AM Reply   
I am new to using a dry suit. What do you guys wear under them?
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-31-2013, 7:59 AM Reply   
sweatpants and a sweatshirt!
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-31-2013, 8:28 AM Reply   
How cold does it get where you ride? If the water is above 50, get an O'neill Assault Hybrid. It's not baggie on your lower half and much more comfortable, especially around the neck. Everyone I know in SoCal who uses them, loves them. I tried an O'Neill Boost drysuit and now have an Assault Hybrid and HATE the drysuit compared to the hybrid.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       12-31-2013, 8:49 AM Reply   
I thought this might be a picture thread of people wearing goofy things under their dry suit. Like on South Park when Jimbo and Ned infiltrated the KKK and the members all showed what was under their white robes. I personally just wear the sweatpants and sweatshirt. Holy cold feet and hands though.
Old     (hkysk8r187)      Join Date: May 2004       12-31-2013, 12:28 PM Reply   
Sweatpants and a sweatshirt, or thermals. Sometimes a hoodie, which actually works well also even with the hood inside there
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-31-2013, 9:38 PM Reply   
I've worn everything from jeans and a Tshirt, to thick sweat pants and a hoodie. I prefer to wear a pair if long underwear and a long sleeve Tshirt, basiclly the first layer I use when snowboarding.
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       12-31-2013, 9:58 PM Reply   
I've gotten down in ice water before and as long as there's some type of barrier between your skin and the suit you'll be fine. I felt most comfy with a pair of thermal pants and a long sleeve shirt. Anything more and it started restricting movement.
Old     (jww)      Join Date: Oct 2013       01-01-2014, 8:23 AM Reply   
pj's are my favorite
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-01-2014, 12:01 PM Reply   
I like thermals. Depending how cold it is I might throw on a long sleeve tee and some sweats on top of the thermals
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-02-2014, 3:34 AM Reply   
I prefer thigh highs and a garter belt under mine but to each their own.