Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-07-2013, 5:34 PM Reply   
I want to get my wife a new ipod touch. Anyone know of a good place to buy? Is 16GB big enough or do I need to get the 32GB?

Any help is appreciated.
Old    bigdtx            12-08-2013, 6:30 AM Reply   
Apple has pretty tight price controls so when you look around the prices are probably gonna be the same wherever you look - at least that's my experience. That being said Amazon.com or Walmart.com (with store pickup if you like) are pretty good places to start.
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-08-2013, 7:25 AM Reply   
I didn't think about Apple's price control. I'm not an ipod fan so I don't know much about them.

Thanks.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-08-2013, 9:25 AM Reply   
Yeah you are pretty much going to be locked on price but sometimes stores (Walk mart, Target) offer store gift cards with purchase. It's their way of getting around the fixed price.
Old     (jfergus7)      Join Date: Jul 2011       12-08-2013, 11:11 AM Reply   
I ended up going to Best Buy for my daughters just to bet the BB extended warrenty deal with it. Was cheap to add but replaces it no questions asked if needed. Payed off because daughter after a few months smashed the screen. Had a replacement 2 days later!

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk 4
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       12-10-2013, 12:07 PM Reply   
The size depends on how much you plan to put on it and if you are using it solely for music or for videos as well. I have an old 4 GB that has plenty of space for music. I have to delete songs in order to add new ones but it keeps the music I have on it fresh. I can always find some songs that I'm done with for a while and when they are deleted I don't have to skip them on shuffle any more. I think that if I had much more space that I would have it cluttered with junk I didn't actually want to hear anymore and I would never get to the songs I do want to hear when it's on shuffle unless I took the time to make a play list. Video is a whole different game because they take up so much space. My 4GB is worthless for video.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-11-2013, 7:43 AM Reply   
Here is where we by them all the time and works awesome:

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/ipod

Or you can check here for used/misc apple stuff:

http://www.powermax.com/parts/code/PM_CU_G5_PX
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-11-2013, 4:45 PM Reply   
Thanks everyone. Jason, thanks for the link. I actually like the refurbished stuff. I think a person actually has to double check that everything works before they send it out, versus an assembly line mentality.
Old     (MCObray)      Join Date: Mar 2013       12-11-2013, 5:37 PM Reply   
Costco.
Old     (kmac1587)      Join Date: Sep 2012       12-11-2013, 7:53 PM Reply   
An Apple store is the best place to get any Apple product. You may save a few bucks going elsewhere, but the experience will be nothing like visiting an Apple store. Plus there you can get Apple Care which lets you replace the ipod if it breaks. No mailing it out, just go into the store and you can walk out with a new one.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-13-2013, 7:42 AM Reply   
I have never been to an Apple store where you can just walk in and walk out. You have walk in get an appointment with a "genius" which is always two hours later. By the time I'm up I'm ready to go off just by being around some of most irritating and impatient customers anywhere that think they are more important than anybody in the store.

Sorry for the RANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-17-2013, 5:22 AM Reply   
I ended up buying a 16GB 5th gen touch at Best Buy yesterday. They had it on sale for $199. Now I just need to hide it from her for a few days.

Thanks everyone for all the help.