Originally Posted by trayson
So, I used some of the Black Friday deals as motivation to finally pull the trigger on a drysuit. Like I'm sure most others, I went with the O'Neill Boost Drysuit.
So I'm interested in any suggestions for:
1) care for the drysuit
2) how to best store it
3) what kind of boots people have used to surf with?
4) any other tips/tricks/insight
Also, what's the general consensus on drysuits and life vests?? I know a handful that skip the vest because the drysuit with even a little air in it tends to be quite boyant... But I've seen pics of other friends wearing their vests. Thoughts?
1. Moisturize the seals 1-2x per year (before storing, before starting the season)
2. Dry area - I vote lay it flat. Hangers can be bad. Fold it if space is a premium
3. Tons of options out there from traditional surfing - pick your thickness and find a cyber Monday deal today at a surf shop online
4. You are definitely buoyant in a drysuit --- but it comes down to how much do you value your life. If you blow out a seal on a bad crash (wakeboarding) and that thing fills up - it's gonna be rough getting it off as it fills with water and you're dazed/TKO'd.. I vote wear one underneath - if nothing else a non-CGA that is thin... Others put different value on things - lots of guys ride with no vest at all in the summer.. Silly to me, fine for others.