Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-09-2013, 8:47 PM Reply   
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/10/bu...anted=all&_r=0

I'm not sure how you have to be to know who this is - and his dog, Spot.

He's probably not too well known by those not in CA.
Old     (flackpack)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-10-2013, 7:11 AM Reply   
Cal Worthington was an icon when I was growing up. His ads ran all night and into early morning television. I don't think a student pulling an all night study session in the '70' or '80's finished work without the TV Blaring - "Go see Cal!".
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-10-2013, 8:57 AM Reply   
ha even I know who he was and we'd just be down to fullerton to visit my grandparents when I was a kid. Those "Go see Cal" ads were on all day while my grandma would watch barneby jones re-runs on KTLA.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-10-2013, 11:31 AM Reply   
I used to see those all the time in the summer when my brother and I would spend our summers at my grandmas in San Diego. We would always crack up cause we thought it sounded like was saying pu$$y cow! Mind you we were 10 and 12.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-10-2013, 11:40 AM Reply   
I remember the talking cow adds "Go see Cow, Go see Cow, Go see Cow!" Great classic stuff!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-10-2013, 9:29 PM Reply   
I couldnt believe he was still alive! I thought he was like 85 back in the early 80's. crazy.
Old     (Caughtmyedge)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-16-2013, 7:45 PM Reply   
I have a dim recollection that I saw his TV ads in several locations throughout the West. I specifically recall seeing his ads in Anchorage, AK, ten or fifteen years ago.