Articles
   
       
       
Pics/Video
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    Brad Schwenker (BSchwenk)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-10-2013, 12:19 PM Reply   
New here, got this site off my roommate.

I am headed to Orlando around August to work for Disney and was wondering where the best communities to live in are that potentially have lakes on them and you could keep a boat. Even a house on the water that I could get. My budget would be about $200,000 to $500,000. I am new to the area other than being down there for vacation. Any help would be amazing!
Old    Chris Gawenda (ToPHeR35)      Join Date: Jul 2011       09-10-2013, 12:29 PM Reply   
Just doing a quick Google of Orlando shows literally 100s of lakes
Old    Preston Schenkel (Prestoooooo)      Join Date: Jun 2011       09-11-2013, 6:25 AM Reply   
Brad, a lot of good riders live in Clermont. It's just outside of Orlando. Finally getting out of Ohio ehhh??
Old    Brad Schwenker (BSchwenk)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-11-2013, 10:55 AM Reply   
Preston, you bet I am, going to work at Disney after I graduate and with my budget I will be getting from them, I will have lots of fun down there! Clermont is a nice area, I am kind of familiar with it actually. Where are you at now?
Old    Tim (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-23-2013, 11:37 AM Reply   
Rent for 6 months to a year before you buy. There are too many lakes and too many factors to consider. If you like being on the lake, life is about to get a whole lot better for you. Enjoy.
Old    Preston Schenkel (Prestoooooo)      Join Date: Jun 2011       09-24-2013, 6:36 AM Reply   
I'm selling boats on Lake Wawasee dude! Living that lake life haha.
Old    Nick Tomsyck (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-24-2013, 11:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
My budget would be about $200,000 to $500,000.
This will for sure get you a house in Winter Haven on the water... a nice house at that.
If you're going to / from Disney daily, I would look into Winter Haven / Lake Alfred area.... 15 +/- mile commute that is pretty easy to Disney, tons of really affordable lake houses.
I spent a year down there and it was great.... also since it looks like you're from Ohio the Indians do spring training there, make you feel right at home.
Old     (mccormickscablepark)      Join Date: Jun 2013       09-24-2013, 12:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
This will for sure get you a house in Winter Haven on the water... a nice house at that.
If you're going to / from Disney daily, I would look into Winter Haven / Lake Alfred area.... 15 +/- mile commute that is pretty easy to Disney, tons of really affordable lake houses.
I spent a year down there and it was great.... also since it looks like you're from Ohio the Indians do spring training there, make you feel right at home.
The indians used to do spring training down here. Unfortunately they left FL along with the Reds a few yrs ago.
Old    Nick Tomsyck (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-24-2013, 1:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
The indians used to do spring training down here. Unfortunately they left FL along with the Reds a few yrs ago.
No way! I had no idea... I had learned to hate the Indians because of their training... Winter Haven never had traffic except before/after the games.... I hated that.

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 3:19 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2012 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us