Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-04-2013, 3:19 AM Reply   
Hey all
I picked up a new pair of 2010 CT Vantage bindings cheap at the end of last year.
http://www.wakeworld.com/news/latest...t-binding.html
I've been using them since April, not too many hours, 10 max...... there are never enough hours on a wakeboard

Both bindings are now half full of water in the Air ride chassis.
I'm sure I'm not the first person to have this issue.
Any suggestions on how to remedy this?

I've taken the bindings off the board, but no water leaks out....it just sloshes around in the footbed.

I've searched the archives and I can find references to this happening to other peoples bindings but no suggestions on how to resolve the issue.
Old     (Medium)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-04-2013, 10:44 AM Reply   
LF dropped the ball on that design.

There is a little valve on the footbed that eventually lets water in, but not out.

I drilled a bunch of holes in mine to let the water flow back out freely.
Old     (Talonsorensen)      Join Date: Apr 2012 Location: Gig harbor Washington       09-04-2013, 2:53 PM Reply   
Yeah they were known for it, I'd just put little holes in them like mentioned above
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-04-2013, 3:34 PM Reply   
Thanks for the replies.
Did you put holes in the side or the bottom of the air chassis?
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-09-2013, 1:07 PM Reply   
Any suggestions on where to drill would be greatly appreciated!
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       09-10-2013, 8:56 AM Reply   
When holes are drilled does it affect the performance of the binding when landing or carving?
Old     (bschall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-10-2013, 8:58 AM Reply   
if you bought them new at the end of last year and have a receipt that is a warranty issue
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-10-2013, 2:32 PM Reply   
I did but I paid cash and the store has folded, I got them at a closing down sale.
I'm thinking I'll just pop a hole in the top of the chassis at the heel.
That way they won't fill too easily while I'm riding.
Old     (Medium)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-10-2013, 2:48 PM Reply   
I put a small hole (maybe 1/8") in the back vertical part of the heal, up near the top, to let in air and I put a larger hole (maybe 3/8") on the bottom at the heal and at the toes.

Once you make the holes, then fill them up with water and see how long it takes to drain. If it takes too long then make them a little bigger.

I haven't noticed any performance difference on landings or carving as a result of the holes.

Just make sure you make the holes big enough otherwise you have to wait and let your board drain for a moment before putting it back on the racks.