Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (CTXxRoss)      Join Date: Apr 2013       08-04-2013, 1:27 PM Reply   
So I am wanting to take a trip out to Marble Falls soon and was wondering if any of yall have ever been out on the water in the area? We drove through and stopped here last summer on the way back from Canyon Lake and ate right off the water and I decided that I had to take the boat out there and check it out. Looked like a very beautiful area.
Old     (cedarcreek216V)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-04-2013, 7:52 PM Reply   
We have been on Lake LBJ several times but never Marble Falls. Every time we are there we vow to get on Marble Falls but never have. After a couple of trips there I am pretty sure my wife will let us retire nowhere else but the Marble Falls area. Those lakes are constant level which obviously living in Texas you know how great that is. If you get out there let us know how it is, I expect it will be nothing short of awesome.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       08-04-2013, 11:27 PM Reply   
Upper Colorado on LBJ is much better IMO.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-05-2013, 3:40 AM Reply   
We bought property on LBJ the Colorado arm.It's perfect for Wakeboarding and wind protected.Marble Falls is very nice,but the water level does fluctuate from time to time.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-05-2013, 6:16 AM Reply   
By the way, the MSRP of new construction on both lakes is the same. Both are filled with water. It's science.
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-05-2013, 11:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
We bought property on LBJ the Colorado arm.It's perfect for Wakeboarding and wind protected.Marble Falls is very nice,but the water level does fluctuate from time to time.

We have to do something about our borders they are letting anyone in.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-05-2013, 2:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyBunch View Post
We have to do something about our borders they are letting anyone in.
Only the people that can afford to travel.But the good news is you will have a new taxpayer in the state to help ease the burden.
Old     (sse01)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-05-2013, 2:46 PM Reply   
I believe that there is less than 3 miles of usable lake (the upper portion is shallow due to silting). The 281 bridge is under construction, which results in a no-wake section approximately 1.5 miles from the dam.

If you like to explore and long rides, I would not recommend this lake.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-05-2013, 4:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
By the way, the MSRP of new construction on both lakes is the same. Both are filled with water. It's science.
But you can save money if you pay cash!
Old     (kimper)      Join Date: May 2008       08-13-2013, 7:49 AM Reply   
We have a place at LBJ and with Travis so low our boat traffic on weekends has probably doubled. Sometimes we go sit and eat at Chiles on lake Marble Falls and I look down at that lake with pretty good wind protection and no boats and really wish I had a trailer to pull it over there!
Old     (kenv)      Join Date: May 2002       08-14-2013, 7:38 PM Reply   
I was at Marble Falls one day and a boat went by the Chili's at about 250 miles and hour.....just keep an eye out
Old     (Tommy1005)      Join Date: May 2013       08-14-2013, 7:50 PM Reply   
Lol. Gotta love lakefest :-)
Old     (04Xstar)      Join Date: Jan 2012       08-14-2013, 8:08 PM Reply   
Im going to LBJ for the first time next week. The upper colorado end best for boarding? anything to avoid or anything worth checking out?
Old     (kimper)      Join Date: May 2008       08-15-2013, 5:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Xstar View Post
Im going to LBJ for the first time next week. The upper colorado end best for boarding? anything to avoid or anything worth checking out?
If you are there on the weekend you had better get up really early if you want any butter. The upper Colorado is great when you have low boat traffic but gets too busy on weekends by about 930am. If its not too windy the stretch between Kingsland and Sunrise beach is wider and can be good too. LBJ has a few shallow spots here and there, so if you don't know the lake a depth finder with beeper is a good idea. You wont find many good places near Horseshoe bay. There are some small coves, but they are sorta tight so you end up turning around most of your set. The main lake over by Horseshoe bay is nearly always horribly choppy.

There used to be several places to eat on the water, but there are pretty much only 2 left. One over by the damn, and one here you can GPS.. Its a pretty cool place, good bar, so so food, pretty crowded on weekends:

http://www.lakelbjfun.com/

If my boat gets back from shop maybe we will see you out there (see profile pic)!
Old     (04Xstar)      Join Date: Jan 2012       08-15-2013, 5:48 PM Reply   
I'll be on the lake sunday, monday and maybe tuesday. Mine is a black and yellow xstar. I'm stayin at Horseshoe, how long is the boat ride up to the Colorado?
Old     (kimper)      Join Date: May 2008       08-15-2013, 7:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Xstar View Post
I'm stayin at Horseshoe, how long is the boat ride up to the Colorado?
Bout 15-20 minutes up to Colorado arm.

You might be able to find some coves up in HSB area and spare yourself a pretty rough ride in a Star all the way to Colorado.. One thing to do for sure is cruise through Applehead Island near HSB and check out all the multi-million dollar homes right on the water. They have little channels cut back in there and its fun to look at the houses. Watch your depth though
Old     (04Xstar)      Join Date: Jan 2012       08-15-2013, 7:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimper View Post
bout 15-20 minutes up to colorado arm.

You might be able to find some coves up in hsb area and spare yourself a pretty rough ride in a star all the way to colorado.. One thing to do for sure is cruise through applehead island near hsb and check out all the multi-million dollar homes right on the water. They have little channels cut back in there and its fun to look at the houses. Watch your depth though
thanks!