Articles
   
       
       
Pics/Video
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    Austin Harbin (Austin_BigAir)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-07-2014, 2:00 PM Reply   
i bought this board from a friend of my family. he is a representative of hyper-lite. he sold me the board for $50 because it was used in a demo. i bought the board and the next day. went out and rode it. i then broke my ankle and haven't been able to ride it. its been about 6 months since the last time i rode it. its now formed what seems to be a bubble of air under the center of the bottom graphics plate. when i originally bought the board. this bubble was not there. i don't know what to do or if i can even fix this. i would really appreciate some help on this and will answer all questions as best as i can.
Old    Orion (chillinoj)      Join Date: May 2009       01-07-2014, 2:35 PM Reply   
Picture?
Old    Austin Harbin (Austin_BigAir)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-07-2014, 3:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillinoj View Post
Picture?
these r the best i could get. its in the center of the board on the rough part
Attached Images
   
Old    Austin Harbin (Austin_BigAir)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-07-2014, 3:10 PM Reply   
i can push on the bubble and feel it go down. its not solid at all.
Old    A-dub (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-07-2014, 5:33 PM Reply   
Likely got water in there, which settled in that spot. It's dry now but has left the air pocket. Find the hole and seal it up, it's likely located on the edge somewhere
Old    Austin Harbin (Austin_BigAir)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-07-2014, 5:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindtheboat View Post
Likely got water in there, which settled in that spot. It's dry now but has left the air pocket. Find the hole and seal it up, it's likely located on the edge somewhere
alright. the board has a few chips so i understand that. Is it possible to get rid of the bump left behind and how should i seal it.
Old    A-dub (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-07-2014, 7:31 PM Reply   
IMO no, you can't get rid of it without sanding it out, and epoxy should seal it up, some people use JB Weld, but I do not
Old    Austin Harbin (Austin_BigAir)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-07-2014, 7:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindtheboat View Post
IMO no, you can't get rid of it without sanding it out, and epoxy should seal it up, some people use JB Weld, but I do not
Alright. Thank you very much for your help.
Old    Justin Harrelson (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-08-2014, 6:39 AM Reply   
I don't think it is water. That is a closed cell foam board. Water wouldn't hurt anything.

It looks like a separation and a void. That board is likely snapped. It is probably still ridable, but it will eventually come completely apart.
Old    Austin Harbin (Austin_BigAir)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-08-2014, 12:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
I don't think it is water. That is a closed cell foam board. Water wouldn't hurt anything.

It looks like a separation and a void. That board is likely snapped. It is probably still ridable, but it will eventually come completely apart.
It was used in a demo and alot of people rode it so ya. it could possibly be snapped.
Old    Drew McMillen (xmcmillenx)      Join Date: May 2006       01-09-2014, 6:02 PM Reply   
For 50 bucks, i would buy it just to destroy it the rest of the way. Still a deal. Find a cool spot and slide it off a rock or something. PERFECT.
Old    Austin Harbin (Austin_BigAir)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-10-2014, 2:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmcmillenx View Post
For 50 bucks, i would buy it just to destroy it the rest of the way. Still a deal. Find a cool spot and slide it off a rock or something. PERFECT.
Thats a great idea! the guy also have me a Hyperlite Premie for free because it was so messed up. its ridable but for now. i have 3 wakeboards that are all mine hanging on a wall for display haha.

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 6:16 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2012 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us