Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    Paxdad            07-08-2013, 7:50 AM Reply   
Can someone identify the flush connection on my 2008 210 SANTE with PCM 343 motor? I have checked with 2 Nautique dealers, Nautiqueparts.com, PCM, Planetnautiqe, etc. and no one can help me find the hose end (male) connection that goes to the engine flush fitting on my boat.

Uploaded with ImageShack.com[/IMG]

Last edited by Paxdad; 07-08-2013 at 7:57 AM. Reason: added photo
Old    Paxdad            07-08-2013, 9:03 AM Reply   

One more attempt to post photo of connection
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-08-2013, 9:07 AM Reply   
where does the other end of that fitting go?
Old    Paxdad            07-08-2013, 10:23 AM Reply   
It goes down to a T fitting that is between the pick up on the hull and the strainer on the other end.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-08-2013, 11:01 AM Reply   
you can't just screw a garden hose in there?
Old    Paxdad            07-08-2013, 11:42 AM Reply   
It does not appear to be threaded but a quick connect of some type. If you look on the left side of the female part there is a push button release and the inside is designed to depress when the male fitting is inserted. Similar to the the garden hose fittings you get at Home Depot/ Lowes, just larger.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-10-2013, 5:31 AM Reply   
I guess I'd try dragging the boat to a hydraulic hose shop to see if they would have a fitting that worked.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-10-2013, 6:47 AM Reply   
That is a Mercruiser flush port.
They are in stock at West Marine or try you local merc dealer. Screw it on the hose and pop it on.
Old    Paxdad            07-10-2013, 11:18 AM Reply   
Baitkiller,
I was about to give up on my search. I cant find the part on West Marine unfortunately and it appears that you have to purchase the entire kit $152 (Mercruiser part #898235A01) to get the hose end fitting. If you have a way to tell me the specific part number for the male fitting that would also help. Thanks.
Old    Paxdad            07-10-2013, 11:46 AM Reply   
Update I found the part it is Mercruiser #22-857175. Still not cheap best internet price $35 but better than having to buy the entire kit.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-10-2013, 4:49 PM Reply   
Glad i could help.

BTW I,m sure all the mechs at the local marina have a a few of those kicking around they would let slip for a a cold six pack if you happen to roll by around quitting time.

Funny I looked in the web and it isnt there but its on the rack at my two local stores.