Articles
   
       
       
Pics/Video
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    Mason Obray (MCObray)      Join Date: Mar 2013       07-22-2013, 9:24 PM Reply   
I went to the surf demo put on by Active Water Sports. It was apart of Liquid Force's Trip Across America so all surf boards were of the LF flavor. In the video there is a Chase Sixer, Tommy Custom Skim, and Custom Thruster. The G23 puts out a great wake, and this was only with factory ballast. NSS was sweet and only took 4 seconds to activate and deploy creating a similar performing/appearing wake on starboard & port sides.
Old    Mason Obray (MCObray)      Join Date: Mar 2013       07-22-2013, 9:39 PM Reply   
Edit: I just realized I posted in the wrong section, so Mod feel free to move if need be. Thanks.
Old    Brian (LTRGUY261)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-23-2013, 8:11 AM Reply   
Even through they were goofy the whole time, the port wake looked even better every time they tried to cross over to it.
Old    Mason Obray (MCObray)      Join Date: Mar 2013       07-23-2013, 8:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTRGUY261 View Post
Even through they were goofy the whole time, the port wake looked even better every time they tried to cross over to it.
Yeah, everyone including I rides goofy, so it would've been nice to see the port wake for an extended amount of time. I wonder what side prop rotation favors...
Old    E (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-23-2013, 8:41 AM Reply   
Wave looks awesome for stock although they need an FAE to divert those exhaust vapors.
Old    Chris Dirty (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-23-2013, 9:03 AM Reply   
Never surfed. But it looks easy.
Old    Davis (kimper)      Join Date: May 2008       07-23-2013, 11:17 AM Reply   
Looks fun!

I really want to see a G23 wave with 3k on surf side.
Also what was up with that exhaust!?
Careful, my wife got mild CO poisoning a few weeks ago. Getting Fresh Air Exhaust put on my X30 today actually!
Old    Anthonyv911 (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-23-2013, 11:36 AM Reply   
Wave looks a bit flat, and lots of fumes. When is someone gonna really sac this G-23 out, so we can see what it is really capable of ?
Old    Mason Obray (MCObray)      Join Date: Mar 2013       07-23-2013, 3:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22vdrive View Post
Wave looks awesome for stock although they need an FAE to divert those exhaust vapors.
Yeah FAE would have been a significant improvement and eliminated any steam coming from the hull. The swim platform sits too high on the G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac420sj View Post
Never surfed. But it looks easy.
You out to try. Every one can do it, as well as progression being unlimited the more you do it. Low-impact helps too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimper View Post
Looks fun!

I really want to see a G23 wave with 3k on surf side.
Also what was up with that exhaust!?
Careful, my wife got mild CO poisoning a few weeks ago. Getting Fresh Air Exhaust put on my X30 today actually!
I believe the 10K Lakes Wakesurf event is pulled by a G23... i'm sure they weight heavily + the 2850# that is factory ballast on the G would throw a killer wake. It was just steam and I did not experience any headaches afterwards. FAE would definitely be a nice, comforting addition on the G23 though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyv420 View Post
Wave looks a bit flat, and lots of fumes. When is someone gonna really sac this G-23 out, so we can see what it is really capable of ?
Wake was rampy. It was steam. Lots ride it sac'd out for wakeboarding, but have yet to really see a sac'd out G for surfing. Hopefully 10K surf event will change that. NSS is awesome though!
Old    John James (johnboyy7)      Join Date: Apr 2011       07-23-2013, 3:42 PM Reply   
the fumes could be from cold water.

the lip of the wave is not never clean.

i think even with nss the boat still needs to be weighted properly. i would like to the the wave after dialed in.
Old    Mason Obray (MCObray)      Join Date: Mar 2013       07-23-2013, 3:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboyy7 View Post
the fumes could be from cold water.

the lip of the wave is not never clean.

i think even with nss the boat still needs to be weighted properly. i would like to the the wave after dialed in.
Aside from a VLX with 11 people in it, front MLS, center MLS, starboard MLS, and 750 sac in locker, this is the best wake I have been behind... and it was only pushing stock ballast. I agree, the more weight the better. I think conventional listing will provide a much better wake, but then again these surf tools (Surf Gate & NSS) are much more family-friendly and "turn-key".

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 7:54 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2012 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us