Articles
   
       
       
Pics/Video
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    Chase Tillett (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-15-2014, 6:22 PM Reply   
Anyone seen/heard this boat in person? Or have more info on it? I heard the guy can broadcast his own radio channel in a party cove. It's overkill but impressive!
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397611303.416068.jpg
Views: 1871
Size:  138.7 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397611327.201789.jpg
Views: 1913
Size:  173.2 KB
Old    Mikeski (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-15-2014, 6:34 PM Reply   
Not really that impressive, I have seen much bigger systems on wakeboard towers on this website.
Old    Daryn Dean (ddean)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-15-2014, 6:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeski View Post
Not really that impressive, I have seen much bigger systems on wakeboard towers on this website.
Totally impressive, why would you possibly say otherwise. That's a ridiculous setup and kudos to him for enjoying it!!!
Old    Bryce Pool (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       04-15-2014, 6:50 PM Reply   
How bout that blonde though?!?!
Old    Markj (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-15-2014, 10:14 PM Reply   
Well, it's not a boat where you'll spend much time behind it so my question is why?
Old    Daniel (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-16-2014, 11:23 AM Reply   
Looks nice. I have heard of one on lewisville that is extremely over the top. Is this it?
They are the ultimate party boat if you have the money. At Texoma there are plenty of them with large (not this large) stereo's.
They also have the benefit of generators and climate controlled spaces for amps.
Old    Dave (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-16-2014, 11:42 AM Reply   
I'd say that's impressive. Not my cup of tea but impressive. You can see the subs on either sides and all the other speakers in the covered area in the top photo.
Old    Surf Addict (Desi) (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       04-16-2014, 11:45 AM Reply   
Every boat has it's place and purpose. This wouldn't be one to go play on all day, but it would be right at home in a party cove to drink and enjoy music on and around when they day is winding down.
Old    Chase Tillett (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-16-2014, 1:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowwboy View Post
Looks nice. I have heard of one on lewisville that is extremely over the top. Is this it?

They are the ultimate party boat if you have the money. At Texoma there are plenty of them with large (not this large) stereo's.

They also have the benefit of generators and climate controlled spaces for amps.

Yeah this is the one from lewisville
Old    Ryan K (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013       04-18-2014, 7:47 AM Reply   
Completely f'n stupid. I'm all for a good/cool stereo, but that's just completely overkill on a boat like that. But I guess if you've got more money than sense....

Also, I'm willing to bet this is one of those guys who has a ridiculously loud system that blares really crappy music all day long. I can't stand these guys who drown out the rest of us with their terrible music choices...there's only so many times that I can listen to Sir Mix-A-Lot's "Baby Got Back" before I want to punch you in the face...douche
Old    Jerry McClain (cedarcreek216V)      Join Date: Aug 2011       04-18-2014, 8:13 AM Reply   
I've heard this boat, he keeps it at the Marina by Sneaky Pete's and loves to have dance parties in the boat while in the slip. Needless to say we he turns it on you get to enjoy his lovely electric dance music at Sneaky Pete's too. It is loud and clear that's for sure.
Old    Ryan K (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013       04-18-2014, 9:41 AM Reply   
There's a guy down on Joe Pool that's kinda like that too. He's got an Epic that is ridiculously over kill, between the transom speakers and his added tower speakers I think he's got something like 16 rear facing speakers. And judging by the amount of bass he puts out, I'd venture to guess that he's running quite a few subs as well. The dude is like 50 and listens to nothing but MoTown and really crappy R&B. He usually clears out party cove in about 20 minutes. Once everyone leaves I make it a point to surf as close as possible to him with as much weight as possible.
Old    Chase Tillett (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-18-2014, 12:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastR3DN3K View Post
There's a guy down on Joe Pool that's kinda like that too. He's got an Epic that is ridiculously over kill, between the transom speakers and his added tower speakers I think he's got something like 16 rear facing speakers. And judging by the amount of bass he puts out, I'd venture to guess that he's running quite a few subs as well. The dude is like 50 and listens to nothing but MoTown and really crappy R&B. He usually clears out party cove in about 20 minutes. Once everyone leaves I make it a point to surf as close as possible to him with as much weight as possible.

Way to put he and his family at danger. You're really the bigger man.
Old    Red (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       04-18-2014, 12:47 PM Reply   
Surfing is gay.
Old    FENCE SENCE (fence_sence)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-18-2014, 1:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn_rider View Post
Way to put he and his family at danger. You're really the bigger man.
Who said he has a family?

Just curious, what do you do when you have had enough of someone who is continuously rude? I'm not being sarcastic or anything, I'd just like to know. How does one be the bigger man in the scenario of dealing with small minded individual?
Old    Chase Tillett (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-18-2014, 1:17 PM Reply   
The guy is 50. I assume he has a family. It doesn't have to be family. He puts everyone on his boat at risk. I've always been taught kill em with kindness. I've been in a boat swamped by a surf roller like that. Not cool at all and pretty scary. Did I retaliate? Nope. Told the d!(k to have a nice day and asked him to leave.
Old    Chase Griggers (Griggs24)      Join Date: Oct 2013       04-18-2014, 1:22 PM Reply   
Agree with "Kill Em with kindness"...... If that doesnt work pull out an AR and they are sure to leave!
Old    FENCE SENCE (fence_sence)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-18-2014, 4:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn_rider View Post
The guy is 50. I assume he has a family. It doesn't have to be family. He puts everyone on his boat at risk. I've always been taught kill em with kindness. I've been in a boat swamped by a surf roller like that. Not cool at all and pretty scary. Did I retaliate? Nope. Told the d!(k to have a nice day and asked him to leave.
You hear that kids?

Just wanted to hear some constructive criticism. I would more that likely stoop to explaining to him why he is a d!(k before leaving. Sometimes I can't help myself.

Back on topic-

The boat at the start of this thread is why I don't run tower speakers. How F'n loud does the stereo really need to be? Seriously? Why? You know what, it doesn't matter why. My beef is the fact that he is going spread his noise to how many others that neither want, nor have anything to do with him or his music. It's simple common courtesy. Chances are, I hate your music. Chances are, you hate mine. Would I be a d!(k if I pulled up in front of your house and set up stage and had some band you hate play at 11? Sounds like a d!(k move to me.
Old    Chase Tillett (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-18-2014, 4:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fence_sence View Post
You hear that kids?



Just wanted to hear some constructive criticism. I would more that likely stoop to explaining to him why he is a d!(k before leaving. Sometimes I can't help myself.



Back on topic-



The boat at the start of this thread is why I don't run tower speakers. How F'n loud does the stereo really need to be? Seriously? Why? You know what, it doesn't matter why. My beef is the fact that he is going spread his noise to how many others that neither want, nor have anything to do with him or his music. It's simple common courtesy. Chances are, I hate your music. Chances are, you hate mine. Would I be a d!(k if I pulled up in front of your house and set up stage and had some band you hate play at 11? Sounds like a d!(k move to me.

Funny you mention the band. I'm having a band play at my house on the 21'st of next month. Any wakeworld members in Tennessee are more than welcome! And no, my neighbors do not care and almost all of them will attend. LOL cheers!
Old     (kx250frider617)      Join Date: Aug 2013       04-18-2014, 5:00 PM Reply   
I know we all have that time where we just want to blare music in the cove and have a good time. I try to at least play stuff that anyone and everyone kind of like. Songs like Notorious BIG- going back to cali is an example of rap that most people can listen too.
Old    Murphy Smith (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-18-2014, 8:02 PM Reply   
Seen it, tied up by it and yes impressive.

Read this article about it www.cavbychris.com

Mikeski - prove it! Show me a 250,000 system on a wakeboard boat.
Old     (kx250frider617)      Join Date: Aug 2013       04-19-2014, 2:08 PM Reply   
its got some competition.
I think this guy won the ****tiest song award though!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=987yJuGZEHo
Old    John Bauer (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-20-2014, 10:49 AM Reply   
http://cavbychris.com/install-galler...610-sundancer/
Old    Hate N Pain (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-20-2014, 12:12 PM Reply   
That's about as nuts as it gets. I will say that I've seen some in here that seem more outlandish on wakeboats but they still don't touch this madness.
Old    Murphy Smith (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-21-2014, 6:44 AM Reply   
From what I understand - it is a grown man that owns that boat and my friends tell me that he is rarely on it when it goes out loaded up with "the meathead's and Coked up hookers". He also has another million dollar boat that goes out as well as usually ties up beside it.

Pretty sure he has a crew or some friends that drive, park and make sure that everything on the boat goes well.
Old    Daniel (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-21-2014, 10:35 AM Reply   
Looking at the companies install pictures, I am suprised he gets the buisness he does.
Those boats have crap and tools all over them with nothing covering the carpet, vinyl or gunnels when he works on them.
Old    Tim (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-21-2014, 11:36 AM Reply   
Its stupid to me but hey to "each his own". Unfortunately if you are anywhere near that ridiculous rig my guess is its "own to each". The way sound travels on water he has to be one annoying tug.
Old    Aric Brabec (aricsx15)      Join Date: Jan 2014       04-22-2014, 11:41 PM Reply   
There is an Azimut 68s on Lewisville also that has 20 pro 80s on the radar tower of the boat.... Having that boat that large on a lake is insane to me before the massive stereos! Its on wet sounds misc installs.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by aricsx15; 04-22-2014 at 11:46 PM.
Old    Danny Pacini (dp513)      Join Date: Jul 2011       04-23-2014, 5:45 AM Reply   
There's guys with 20 rev10s on quite a few boats in NorCal. Just go to rage on the river in sac. If you think your boats loud you won't after that lol
Old    Ryan K (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013       04-23-2014, 6:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn_rider View Post
Way to put he and his family at danger. You're really the bigger man.
Nope, no family. Just a creepy old dude who drives around asking to tie off to anyone and everyone so he can "party hard"
Old    Ryan K (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013       04-23-2014, 6:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn_rider View Post
Way to put he and his family at danger. You're really the bigger man.
And and speaking of "killing him with kindness", we tried being nice to him a couple years ago when he first showed up. We used to let him tie off to us (about 5 of us that all tie off together), but then he'd start playing his crappy music and drowning out the rest of us. We finally put an end to it when he starting being creepy and wouldn't stop asking girls to go "surf and ride" with him alone. You can only be so kind to someone before you get tired of their s**t, as far as I'm concerned sinking him would be a great improvement to our lake.
Old    Mikeski (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-25-2014, 5:56 PM Reply   
Wow, I haven't been watching this thread and am super surprised to have been called out by so many. I figured several guys would have posted the same thing as me. The boat does not really appear to be that impressive to me. It's a big boat and it has lots of speakers, AC electrical system, plenty of room and other stuff that makes it much easier to install a big system in a boat.

What I find to be much more impressive is a boat that must run off an alternator, off batteries, with limited room, and still finds room for 10 pairs or more of HLCD speakers and 6+ 12" subwoofers driven from 5,000+ watts. There are several California and Texas installers turning out super high quality systems dealing with many more limitations than the Stacks and Racks installer had.

To each his own. I am pretty happy with the system I installed over 5 years ago but I'm not a 50 year old guy trying to be the king of the cove. I am a 50+ year old guy that is happy hanging with some fun folks in my boat without causing too many bleeding ears but still having a system loud enough to hear clearly while wakeboarding.

whatever...

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 7:06 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2012 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us