Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-15-2013, 12:18 PM Reply   
Any recommendations? - http://monstertowerreview.com/wakebo...mparisons.html

Dont want to spend $1800 like with newdimension.

Looking at a 1997 Sport Nautique.
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-15-2013, 5:17 PM Reply   
Aerial vs Monster.
any discounts?
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-15-2013, 9:44 PM Reply   
Is there a discount with Ariel dealers?
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       06-16-2013, 7:38 AM Reply   
Try diywake.com. In the package deals u can get their tower and two board racks for 1100 bucks.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-16-2013, 8:44 AM Reply   
I like the look of this tower that got really good scores on that comparison.

http://www.wakefool.com/purchase-here.html

Other than that what about a package like the one's Ian has on his site onlyinboards.com?
http://www.onlyinboards.com/Accessor...y-Package.aspx

On that wakefool site I just built a package that included their tower, 2 racks, a set of tower speakers, a mirror and a bimini and it came to ~$2300 including shipping. That is a lot of stuff for the price. I am not sure if it is any good though.

Last edited by polarbill; 06-16-2013 at 8:48 AM.
Old     (alcarlaw1)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-16-2013, 10:57 AM Reply   
Got an MT2 on my '97 Sport Nautique. Same as you, I didnt want to spend the money on the New Dimensions. That said, I do rather wish I had as they look soooooo much nicer.
Old     (alcarlaw1)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-16-2013, 11:02 AM Reply   
Old     (alcarlaw1)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-16-2013, 11:13 AM Reply   
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       06-16-2013, 11:48 AM Reply   
Go new dimensions. They look the best on the boat and will help with resale later on... You don't want to be in a situation where you bought a cheap tower that rattles when you try to sell the boat. People will wonder why you cheaped on the tower and will wonder what else you cheaped on in the boat... I know I would avoid a boat based on its tower.

You might be better off with a high pole and not drilling holes in the boat. Save for the ND tower... Don't want to take a chance at devaluing the boat...

I personally like the looks of the Monster MT1, not everyone does. I also like that it is very strong and rigid. For me it would be an old Boss tower, skylon swoop, new dimensions, titan or MT1... I realize not all of those are made anymore...
Old     (WheelerWake)      Join Date: Mar 2013       06-16-2013, 2:47 PM Reply   
I put one of these on a couple years ago:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-HydroWak...item2a2de0562a

Quite happy with it. Made an offer on it and 2 racks.
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-17-2013, 5:55 AM Reply   
Here is an Aerial: http://pwbimageserver.com/gallery/47689-1.jpg

Here is a ND: http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4...100_1410CL.jpg
Old     (skuhleman)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-17-2013, 6:21 AM Reply   
Here is a DIY wake tower on one
Attached Images

Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-17-2013, 6:27 AM Reply   
I have some Roswell Area 51 towers I can swing a pretty good deal on. 1100 shipped in the US so about 400 bucks off retail.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-17-2013, 9:21 AM Reply   
Aerial sucks imho. Their customer service is a joke. I almost cut my tower up in pieces and mailed it to them. I've ordered stuff a handful of times and it always comes wrong.
Old     (retoxtony)      Join Date: Apr 2012       06-17-2013, 9:24 AM Reply   
Take a good look at the Indy tower from Wakefool.com. I finished installing mine last night on my MC205. It went together really easy and looks pretty good. I think the mounts and hardware look way better than any of the other universal towers. I also really liked that i only had to drill one hole for each mount instead of 4 like most towers. Its also under $900 which i think is a steal. Randy at Wakefool was great to deal with aswell. When i had a bit of an issue he took care of it with out any problems.

Everyone told me to go with a New Dimensions too but i decided i couldnt justify it. A ND for my boat would have been close to $3000 by the time i had it. I decided that was just too much to spend on a boat i really don`t plan on keeping long term. the $2000 i saved went towards new vinyl and carpet which will increase the resale more than any tower will.
Old     (gpd005)      Join Date: May 2013       06-17-2013, 10:57 AM Reply   
I got mine from http://www.bigairpylons.com/ and they had some really good deals going on during the winter months. Customer service was awesome and i've been very happy with the tower.
Old     (GavinJohnston1)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-21-2014, 11:27 AM Reply   
Dude, that tower review link has to be COMPLETELY BOGUS. Indy Wake scored a 93%?! Everyone else scored in the 70's! Who wants to bet the website is a fakeout created by Indy and wakefool.com? The "judging criteria" also looks whackadoo - it's totally rigged to give them a high score. I've also found cheap-shot "tower test videos" on YouTube that link back to that same site and show legitimate towers that are not tightened down properly claiming them as inferior.

Aside from that, my only opinion is to avoid BigAir. I contacted them shopping around for a tower and speaker info but it took 3 tries over 5 days to get a hold of them. I've ran across a few on the lake and noticed the cheap quality and construction of their towers, throw-away hardware, was also told they rarely answer the phone, mess up orders, hard to get support or claim warranty returns. Towers didn't look or feel that great even for the cheap price. Personally, I would not trust a bigair anything on my boat and would save my money up for something a little better with a more professional company. Other than that, I they all seem pretty legit. Well, maybe except Indy with their fake "93% score!"
Old     (retoxtony)      Join Date: Apr 2012       01-21-2014, 12:49 PM Reply   
I'm sure those reviews are bogus, but it still makes a few pretty good points about the towers. I ended up buying the Indy tower not because of that website but cause I thought it was built a little better, and it was getting good reviews from people on some of the other forums I talked to. It was also a few hundred dollars cheaper than the other one I was considering (monster MT2) and looked very similar, but better. I ended up being really happy with it, it was easy to install and SOLID. It came in the box with a few small scratches on it so I took pics and sent them to the distributor. He gave me the option of sending me new pieces free of charge or $300 back no questions asked. I sold the boat now but last I heard the new owner still had no issues. So yes the review site is probably bogus but they still make a pretty good tower.
Old     (Gotmods)      Join Date: Nov 2012       01-21-2014, 3:29 PM Reply   
I bought an Aerial Airborne years ago when you could get them for around $700 off eBay. It looked good and was a great upgrade from my 10' pole. I also put some racks on it and accidentally ordered the wrong clamps. Aerial shipped the correct ones at no charge before I had even mailed the wrong ones back.
I also installed a Hydrowake tower that was practically identical to my Airborne for a friend. Neither of us have the boats anymore but the towers are still working great for the new owners. Use lock tite on all the Allen screws and for the first 6 uses re torque the screws, after that it's ready for years of abuse.
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       01-21-2014, 4:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpd005 View Post
I got mine from http://www.bigairpylons.com/ and they had some really good deals going on during the winter months. Customer service was awesome and i've been very happy with the tower.
I agree on Big Air. I bought a tower from them for my first boat, and the customer service was outstanding. Automatic discounts for buying racks and accessories, and I got a hell of a discount on a tower because supposedly there was a scratch on it. I never did find the scratch.
Old     (priszkid)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-21-2014, 9:00 PM Reply   
I had an Aerial on my last boat. It was ok for the money. It creaked a lot and was awkward to collapse and put up. I ordered the black, and it faded the first summer and never came back to the gloss finish. It also chipped really easy as well. I would advise against it. I have a buddy with a Joystick and he loves it. It seems to be built really well. I don't know if they're still around. They were about the same cost also.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-22-2014, 9:44 AM Reply   
My aerial sucks. Their customer service blows and every time I've ordered spare parts I get the wrong stuff. I'm hoping welding up the joints over the winter will help with creaking etc but overall I'm not impressed with their products or service. Cheap chinese crap imho
Old     (fence_sence)      Join Date: Jul 2008       01-22-2014, 12:24 PM Reply   
I agree that the Aerial products and customer service sucks. I put one on a friends Malibu and I couldn't have been more unimpressed with the quality. Unbelievably thin tubing. Shoddy welds. Deformed parts. Missing parts. Customer service was a joke. This was two years ago so...

I spent 4k on my tower and I'm still happy about it. It has been bulletproof. I think with towers, you get what you pay for for the most part. If I was going to buy a budget tower, I would go Monster all day. They're ugly but they're strong. Strength is my number one priority in a tower. I still think the Samson Razor is the best tower on the market. Spendy but, awesome tower with the looks to match. A great tower is worth paying for IMO.
Old     (MBofTexas)      Join Date: Aug 2013       01-22-2014, 12:45 PM Reply   
SAMSON SPORT TOWERS ARE WELL WORTH THE MONEY

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Old     (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013 Location: Midlothian TX       01-22-2014, 12:47 PM Reply   
I will also vouch for Big Air. I ordered a tower, 2 Kicker speakers, cans, double board rack, and combo rack from them a couple years back for my old I/O. Cost me $1400 shipped for everything, and the customer service was outstanding. Best part of my experience is when I called them at around 3 pm to give them my dimensions and place my order, I had everything I ordered sitting on my doorstep less than 24 hours later. Took me about 6.5 hours to install my tower by myself, only thing I didn't do was the internal wiring on the speakers. Left that to the pros since I was exhausted after doing the install.
Old     (retoxtony)      Join Date: Apr 2012       01-22-2014, 3:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by priszkid View Post
I had an Aerial on my last boat. It was ok for the money. It creaked a lot and was awkward to collapse and put up. I ordered the black, and it faded the first summer and never came back to the gloss finish. It also chipped really easy as well. I would advise against it. I have a buddy with a Joystick and he loves it. It seems to be built really well. I don't know if they're still around. They were about the same cost also.

Last i checked Joystick was still around. Their towers are pretty plain, but i've never seen them get a bad review, are supposed to be very solid, and are actually made in the USA. I've heard their customer service is top notch as well. They're definitely a good option for someone on a budget.
Old     (NoNceNse)      Join Date: Nov 2013       01-26-2014, 12:05 PM Reply   
I put a big air ice tower on my Bayliner. Only paid $575 shipped (2 years ago) and I installed it myself in 4 hours. Awesome tower for the price especially after I picked up some speakers for it. Next buy is a Bimini top from them for the Supra I just bought.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old     (flyhigher)      Join Date: Jul 2014       07-10-2014, 4:56 PM Reply   
My compliments to Big Air on their customer service!! When I was having trouble getting specific parts I needed for my own audio job, Loren at Big Air was willing to step up to the plate. Other big name retailers would laugh and want to charge an outrageous price for small things because I was not willing to buy their "package deals". Customer service with quality parts is essential to a successful business. Big Air was willing to find the parts I needed to complete the job! I will be sending much more business their way! Thanks Big Air!
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-10-2014, 7:25 PM Reply   
My vote is a high pole til you get the cash for the NDT. That combo in a sport Nautique will add value to your boat. Every other brand may deduct a little. The Sport Nauti is just made to go with that New dimensions.

With that said I think that Roswell from Ian would look pretty good as well.

Not to slam Rally's boat as any Sport Nautique is money, but the curved legs and straight windows just don't do it for me.

That DIY Wake (aka pyramid mfg) tower also looks pretty good. It's very similar to the factory 06 tower. DIY wake has withstood the sands of time and makes high quality stuff at a great price point. They have been around a long time. I have owned tons of their racks and know plenty of people who still run their speaker cans. Def great company.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-10-2014, 7:30 PM Reply   
Oh and Ariel vs Monster. Monster all day and twice on Sundays. I have installed 4 monster towers. All great products
Old     (CRS_mi)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-10-2014, 8:30 PM Reply   
Check out joystick's pro series tower. Made in USA and under 1k.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-11-2014, 4:54 AM Reply   
For what a well built tower would cost me, and knowing how awful most of them look on older ski boats I went the custom route. I probably didn't save any money but it fits right, I like the look and you could pick up the boat and shake it from this tower. Lucky to have a buddy with a machine shop.
Attached Images