Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    Tings (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-02-2015, 12:10 PM Reply   
I have a liquid force nose rider surf board. The fiberglass looks to have peeled/stripped off on some of the nose. Its not a traditional crack so i was hoping to get some ideas on how to fix it.

I also wanted to see if there were any opinions on how bad it is to continue to use it in this condition. I am going on a boating vacation next week and probably wont have time to fix it before then. I have attached some pics. I appreciate any advice and if more pics are needed just let me know. Thanks again in advance.
Attached Images

Old    Feral (feral)      Join Date: Oct 2011       07-02-2015, 3:09 PM Reply   
It de-laminated not sure how much damage there is.

You could - mix some clear araldite (epoxy glue) and rub it in

Or get some clear fibreglass resin and rub it in

&for speak to your local surfboard repairer who might suggest something similar

If you get water in it will continue to delaminate - will dry out but not ideal. Even if you patch it may icntinue to delaminate - might be worth sending the picture to LF and asking if common.
Old    Nick Wiersema (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-03-2015, 9:28 PM Reply   
What you have here due to blunt force is the fill coat and gloss resin has separated from the lamination and fiberglass, along with other cracks. The board likely will take on water. Best thing to do is sand it some to roughen it up and re fill, etc., etc. The white fiberglass fibers will wet back out some with resin, but not completely likely.

In a pinch you could use a sticker to cover it or clear packing take. High quality stickers and tape will hold.

Get a nose guard.
http://shredstixxusa.com/ding-repair...uard-longboard

Nick
Old    Tings (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-04-2015, 2:58 PM Reply   
thanks for the replys. No real surf shops here in Utah. I ended up taking it to the sporting goods store, Scheels. They fixed it for $10. I figured that would have been the cost for me to do it but i get their experience in doing it right. Very happy with the results. I also plasti-dip'd it as well to help protect future problems.