Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    Luciano Grimblat (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-18-2015, 4:24 PM Reply   
Hi, long time gone from the forums and wakeboards, restarted riding again from a 7 year hiatus.
I'm in the market for a new board/binding setup, im considering the Hyperlite system bindings with the mareks or the process, whats the consensus on those around here? I ride 100% behind the boat. is the pro chassis really any better? Also what's the opinion on the Murray board?
Also, could you upload pics on the looks of your chassis/bindings combos?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Old     (Bam6961)      Join Date: Apr 2011       07-18-2015, 10:17 PM Reply   
the system's are very versatile and comfortable. if you want to be able to poke and knee tuck like trever maur and mike schwenne these are for you. Most people cut the high backs lower for the 2014+ bindings (more flex), and i believe for the 2016 gear they are going to have the high backs pre cut. The pro's wear their toe straps over the toes just like a traditional binding would have. some people wear them in front of the toes like a snowboard but you have more heel/toe lift.

Here's some vids

Leftovers - Delta Force from Union Wakeboarder Magazine on Vimeo.

Older systems 2011, goes to show how much flex you can get with them.

Mike Schwenne from WakeWorld on Vimeo.

Murray with old systems (not pro chassis) and mareks

Scott Stewart back in Cali from Hyperlite Wakeboards on Vimeo.

Personally i like the hyperlite Teams closed toe boot because they are a bit lighter and pretty good flex due to how much is cut out at the ankle. they also have good cushioning inside. the Mareks will be the stiffest boot in the line up second would probably be the process, so if you really really need ankle support the marek's would be best. the process will still have good support as well just not as much as the marek's (both way more ankle support than the Teams).

Pro chassis: 2014+ they're the same. if its 2013 gear its different(which i recommend the pro).

For the Murray board, i would say its a good all around board. It is my choice of board in the hyperlite line. i like that has a beveled edge/smooth surface in the middle to help prevent front edge catches, leading it to be a little more forgiving, but the tail of the board is locked in more due to its deep channels in between the fins, so when you land blind it locks in. It has a subtle 3 stage rocker, in comparison to the franchise (continuous rocker) it had more straight up pop instead of a distance pop.