Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (dalefan264)      Join Date: Jul 2011       04-28-2013, 6:13 PM Reply   
I am replacing a wake plate gauge in a 2005 supra launch 22ssv. My old gauge wiring has 5 post, one with yellow wire, one blue, one post with 2 black, and one with a purple and red. The new gauge has a wiring harness with 2 black, 2 green, one purple and one blue. I would assume 2 black to 2 black and blue to blue put I am not sure what to do with the others. Any ideas?
Attached Images

Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-28-2013, 6:42 PM Reply   
It's not going to be that easy. Your going to have to look at the wiring diagram that came with the new gauge. Then trace the old wires to see how to splice it all together. Get it wrong and you will probably burn up the new gauge. What does the wiring diagram show? Can you list what wires goes to what according to the diagram? That might get the info out of someone.
Old     (dalefan264)      Join Date: Jul 2011       04-28-2013, 10:30 PM Reply   
I dont have the diagram. That is the problem. I guess I will just call the dealer and go from there.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-29-2013, 5:52 AM Reply   
I think this is the original wiring diagram for the old gauge, so it should get you on the right track for solving what each wire does.
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-29-2013, 7:10 AM Reply   
Who makes the new gauge? Usually the diagram is on their website. Shawndoggy just posted half of the info you needed. Now you just need to find the other half.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-29-2013, 8:09 AM Reply   
although when you look at what I posted, there's nothing hooked up to the OP's ground post on the first gauge.... actually the way the wires are on the first gauge don't make sense at all with regard to the diagram I posted.
Old     (luke22885)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-29-2013, 1:43 PM Reply   
Where did you get your gauge from? Mine doesnt work anymore on my 05 21v
Old     (dalefan264)      Join Date: Jul 2011       04-29-2013, 5:02 PM Reply   
When I bought the boat the guy said the gauge was bad but had that new gauge that he had just not put in yet. Not sure where he got it. Thanks for posting that pic, I will try and work on it again tonight and see what I come up with. The way it is wired now could be the wrong way because I have never seen the gauge work.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-29-2013, 7:08 PM Reply   
Got nothing to lose wiring it up like the diagram.
Old     (dalefan264)      Join Date: Jul 2011       05-02-2013, 3:56 PM Reply   
Well I finally got the wake plate gauge wired in correctly. I called skiers choice and they sent me a diagram of how to wire it. They were a big help. Turns out that there is a relay box that the old gauge was wired to(the gauge with the post) that acts as a driver. With the new gauge with the wiring harness, the driver is internal so I had to bypass that box all together. So if anybody has to wire in a new style wake plate gauge that has the wiring harness in the back in a 2005 Supra Launch 22ssv it goes like this.

2 green wires from harness to 2 green wires coming from the wake plate
Blue to Blue(gauge lights)
Purple to Purple(power)
2 Black wires, one to ground and the other connects to a bare wire you have to run from the green wires coming from the wake plate

Hopefully this will help someone out if you ever have to change that gauge out. It gave me fits.