Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       04-20-2013, 5:07 PM Reply   
Just wanted to share the stoke on our new SA350! Also, I figured i'd share a couple of the things I like and dislike about the boat so far.

-The wake! Wakeboard wake is our number one priority and this boat throws a monster when weighted. Great shape and super clean, even at slower speeds.
-Handling: The way this boat drives is unreal. No matter how much weight you have in it, no matter how hard you cut it, the SA will not cavitate or roll over on its side.
-Flex Ballast: This is something that Supra just started doing, and it makes it quite a bit easier to add extra weight and keep it hidden.
-Heated/Electric height adjustable driver seat: Will definitely be nice to have in the winter along with heaters, and being able to adjust the hight makes it so no one has to use the booster seat.
-Styling: This is obviously subjective, but I think this thing looks as bad arse as it gets!

Dislikes:
-No playpen seating: I was definitely a bit bummed when i heard that they would not be offering a Launch seating option in this boat. Having had this feature in previous boats, we loved being able to put a lot of weight under there and not taking up storage under the front seats.
-Nose sits low: You definitely have to be careful not to dip the nose on this boat, especially when weighted.
-Board racks: I find the racks on this boat to be a lot bigger and uglier than they need to be. Our last Supra's racks were much smaller and seemed to function better. The pin system on these is also kind of a pain, seeing as you have to push the rack towards the front of the boat with all of your might to get the pin to go in.

Overall, we are very satisfied with our purchase and our dealer has been awesome to work with. It's going to be a great summer!
Attached Images

Old     (slowwwflowww)      Join Date: Mar 2011       04-20-2013, 5:11 PM Reply   
A beauty!!!Enjoy!!!
Old     (dhill)      Join Date: Aug 2010       04-20-2013, 6:00 PM Reply   
sweet, gonna be a great summer.
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-20-2013, 6:09 PM Reply   
Nice rig! Post some on the water pics.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-20-2013, 10:38 PM Reply   
Sweet. Congrats
Old     (Wssboard18)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-20-2013, 11:55 PM Reply   
Sweet lookin ride! I love the new boat feeling
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-21-2013, 10:29 AM Reply   
Beautiful boat, great color scheme, congratulations... you are set for a great summer!
Old    TN22            04-21-2013, 5:36 PM Reply   
Beautiful boat! Congrats on the purchase!
Old     (jordanleininger21)      Join Date: Aug 2012       04-21-2013, 7:51 PM Reply   
Sick colors!
Old     (wakintime)      Join Date: Jul 2011       04-21-2013, 9:39 PM Reply   
Very nice. How longs does it to fill the bags? How long to drain ? Beautiful boat.
Old     (wakintime)      Join Date: Jul 2011       04-21-2013, 9:43 PM Reply   
Also how is the stereo. Can the riders hear the music with those speakers? Again beautiful boat!
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       04-22-2013, 7:24 AM Reply   
JR, I'm not sure how long it would take to fill the stock Flex ballast, but with 750's in the rear compartments it'll take about ten minutes give or take. The speakers can be heard by a rider decently clearly. Certainly not as loud as an HLCD, but i believe supra is going to start offering HLCD's in place of two of the Polks as an option. The only downside that i've heard is that the horns wont have the ability to swivel like the standard speakers do.
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       04-22-2013, 7:27 AM Reply   
Oh, and the bags seem to drain about a minute or so slower than they fill. Sorry I can't be more precise with my numbers for the ballast, I just haven't had the time to mess around with the timers yet
Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-22-2013, 7:34 AM Reply   
Beautiful boat! Congrats!
Old     (chrisbucklin)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-29-2013, 5:15 AM Reply   
Finally got nice weather to run the new sa550!
Attached Images

Old     (chrisbucklin)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-29-2013, 5:40 AM Reply   
This was filmed from a bar on shore. That's the system in the sa550