Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    Nauti 210 (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       07-26-2016, 11:02 AM Reply   
Saw on their FB they are releasing "ultimate versatility in 20ft of perfection" on the 5th...
Game changer? Lol
Old    Tom (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-26-2016, 11:05 AM Reply   
just another option in the market. interested in seeing it, but I'm sure it's not going to melt any minds.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-26-2016, 12:02 PM Reply   
5000lb wake tank built on slalom hull. Supposed to do both well. Don't believe it until I have seen it.
Old     (Jeff lyonz)      Join Date: Mar 2014       07-26-2016, 12:12 PM Reply   
I think it's probably a sport 200 with a new fancy captains chair, redesigned tower and added nss system. Samethings they always do haha
Old    Tim (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-26-2016, 12:19 PM Reply   
If someone can figure it out it will sell. A lot of people don't want or cannot fit these mammoth boats into their garages. I do everything behind the boat and would like that package in a 21 to 23 foot hull.
Old    A-dub (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-26-2016, 12:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
5000lb wake tank built on slalom hull. Supposed to do both well. Don't believe it until I have seen it.
If that is true it will never sell. The Sport 200 is a great all around boat, but there aren't enough people out there that have both the need/desire for a 20fr do it all, and the funds for a new boat. I bet it's a G20, or pickle forked Sport 200.
Old    Tom (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-26-2016, 12:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindtheboat View Post
If that is true it will never sell. The Sport 200 is a great all around boat, but there aren't enough people out there that have both the need/desire for a 20fr do it all, and the funds for a new boat. I bet it's a G20, or pickle forked Sport 200.
If they're lazy, they could just take the wet surface of the 200, add a ton of freeboard to the side and give a trendy nose design. I bet it would end up being a pretty good boat too.
Old    Nauti 210 (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       07-26-2016, 1:17 PM Reply   
I wish they would put out a 22' entry level blend of the 210 and G23.. traditional bow, big freeboard, sub floor ballast, reversible rear seat, in floor cooler, NSS, analog gauges...
Old    Josh Schneider (jps120)      Join Date: Oct 2012       07-26-2016, 2:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
I wish they would put out a 22' entry level blend of the 210 and G23.. traditional bow, big freeboard, sub floor ballast, reversible rear seat, in floor cooler, NSS, analog gauges.
.

is that not what the T23 is?? only malibu
Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       07-26-2016, 2:34 PM Reply   
how about a sub 60K Nautique....( my guess: it'll be using Centurion running surface and be surf specific) and will still be out of the reach of most families.
Old    Nauti 210 (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       07-26-2016, 2:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jps120 View Post
.

is that not what the T23 is?? only malibu
Yeah, and Malibu hit a home run with the Axis line.. Why wouldn't Nautique follow suit? Just seems to me, more people would buy a boat like that versus a 20 footer that slaloms well.
Old    Brett Lee (BrettLee3232)      Join Date: Feb 2015       07-26-2016, 4:12 PM Reply   
Trying to compete with the new Moomba Helix lol
Old    Miguel (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-26-2016, 4:15 PM Reply   
Baby G!
Old    "G" (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-26-2016, 4:46 PM Reply   
Nautique GS. Anyone have any links to Spy Photos?
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-26-2016, 7:46 PM Reply   
GS.

S is fort sport.

Supposed to be a modified 200 hull to do it all.

I'm betting a 200 with 8000lbs worth of fiberglass and ballast in it would be a solid wake. Think about the OG 210s origin.
Old    DTB (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       07-27-2016, 12:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brett33 View Post
Yeah, and Malibu hit a home run with the Axis line.. Why wouldn't Nautique follow suit? Just seems to me, more people would buy a boat like that versus a 20 footer that slaloms well.


They did until they started charging $78k for them.
Old    Nacho (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004       07-27-2016, 1:11 PM Reply   
^^ with MX at 175K, its still a price point boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonade View Post
how about a sub 60K Nautique....( my guess: it'll be using Centurion running surface and be surf specific) and will still be out of the reach of most families.
first boat after the centurion merger. I like it.
Old    Nauti 210 (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       07-27-2016, 1:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatTexasBoy View Post
They did until they started charging $78k for them.
No doubt!!
Old    Keith M. (kmayotte)      Join Date: Aug 2010       07-28-2016, 10:42 AM Reply   
Plenty of Nautiques on the market for under 60K. Check the used market.
Old    Tampa Wake (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-28-2016, 10:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmayotte View Post
Plenty of Nautiques on the market for under 60K. Check the used market.

that are 10 years old for 50 to 60 k. Just admit boat prices are ridiculous to anyone but the upper mid class and rich.
Old    Tom (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-28-2016, 11:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampawake View Post
that are 10 years old for 50 to 60 k. Just admit boat prices are ridiculous to anyone but the upper mid class and rich.
Well the prices are bolstered by the low interest rates, and the ease at which you can get a long term loan. 80k @ 20 years is $500/month. Which is moderately affordable. I'm sure a lot of people are paying that much monthly for their cars.

I'm not saying that's a good financial decision... But many people out there are OK with paying out the ass in interest for 20 years, for the sake of getting on the water.
Old    Rick (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       07-28-2016, 11:22 AM Reply   
boat prices are insane no normal working class people I know could even dream of dropping 100k on a new boat . That's half the price of a house in some areas .
Old    Tom (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-28-2016, 11:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIV210 View Post
boat prices are insane no normal working class people I know could even dream of dropping 100k on a new boat . That's half the price of a house in some areas .
I see "working class people" driving expensive trucks and racking up debt pretty frequently. I know a lot of "working class people" that are wake boat owners.

Yes the prices are insane. I'm not buying a new one any time soon. But people ARE buying them, even working class people.
Old    Keith M. (kmayotte)      Join Date: Aug 2010       07-28-2016, 12:50 PM Reply   
Typically luxury items are priced accordingly. Boats are certainly a luxury item, especially wake boats. You can get on the water inexpensively (jet ski, DD ski boat etc.)

A boat with a touch screen display, trim tabs all over, integrated ballast, premium upholstery, king kong sound system, bimini, years of R&D etc. is priced with a premium.

There are boats out there literally in every price range. I never understand the people who whine about the most expensive ones that they can't afford like the manufacturer is doing them a disservice. You are not their target market for new boats. They don't have a personal vendetta against you, it's just business.
Old    Red (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       07-28-2016, 12:59 PM Reply   
The more crap the more problems. ****ty thing is all you "surfers" need the huge deep v boat with all kinds of crap. Luckily I can jump behind a 1500$ ski and smash a sets all day!
Old    Dane Sauer (djsauer)      Join Date: Feb 2015       07-28-2016, 2:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmayotte View Post
Typically luxury items are priced accordingly. Boats are certainly a luxury item, especially wake boats. You can get on the water inexpensively (jet ski, DD ski boat etc.)

A boat with a touch screen display, trim tabs all over, integrated ballast, premium upholstery, king kong sound system, bimini, years of R&D etc. is priced with a premium.

There are boats out there literally in every price range. I never understand the people who whine about the most expensive ones that they can't afford like the manufacturer is doing them a disservice. You are not their target market for new boats. They don't have a personal vendetta against you, it's just business.
I honestly love that new boats are so expensive. It's driving the used boat market down (well, and depreciation) and when I'm ready to buy in 2-4 years, the amount of boat I will be able to get for my price range is going to be exponentially better than what I could if I bought now.

I imagine if I was a surfer, it would be a little different. But, people who say you can't get into wakeboarding for under $60-70k, pshhh. There are some GREAT wakeboard wakes out there for well under that. And it's only going to keep going down.
Old    RB (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-28-2016, 3:06 PM Reply   
UM…..I think you have that about 180 degrees off(exactly backwards). As new boats get more expensive it drives the price of used up or holds them steady. The new boat market has been holding steady and even appreciating in some cases as the prices of tow boats has rapidly risen. Most mid 90's to mid 2000 boats have bottomed out. In most cases you can buy these boats and use them for 5 years and get your money back in full. For example a late 90's 210 or Xstar sell within 10K(or less) of what they sold new for in 99. Thats unreal, find a 17 year old car you can say that about.

So yeah a brand new boat is going to depreciate the first few years. But they will quickly level out as well as the new ones continue to rise. I've been buying/ owning tow boats for 30 years now. The used market on them is the strongest its ever been in that time.
Old    Dane Sauer (djsauer)      Join Date: Feb 2015       07-28-2016, 3:13 PM Reply   
I guess what I was getting at was what $20k, for example, would buy 5-10 years ago is nothing to what $20k can buy now. And I feel you could say that same for $30k-40k?

Correct me if I'm wrong. And I realize, this is moreso targeted at older used boats rather than a few years old.
Old    Corey Shidler (CRS_mi)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-28-2016, 4:06 PM Reply   
I got signed up for a demo on the 6th. Excited to check it out.
Old    Matt S (BurnMac42)      Join Date: May 2015       07-28-2016, 6:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheadd View Post
The more crap the more problems. ****ty thing is all you "surfers" need the huge deep v boat with all kinds of crap. Luckily I can jump behind a 1500$ ski and smash a sets all day!
Old    Kronos (kronoss)      Join Date: Oct 2010       07-28-2016, 8:09 PM Reply   
I will give you an example of how f-ed up the boat market is currently....

I can sell the boat I bought brand new, for the price I payed for it 4 years ago.

I SOLD a old used wake boat for DOUBLE of what i payed for it, after putting 200 hours on it.
Old    Rick (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       07-29-2016, 4:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman74 View Post
UMů..I think you have that about 180 degrees off(exactly backwards). As new boats get more expensive it drives the price of used up or holds them steady. The new boat market has been holding steady and even appreciating in some cases as the prices of tow boats has rapidly risen. Most mid 90's to mid 2000 boats have bottomed out. In most cases you can buy these boats and use them for 5 years and get your money back in full. For example a late 90's 210 or Xstar sell within 10K(or less) of what they sold new for in 99. Thats unreal, find a 17 year old car you can say that about.

So yeah a brand new boat is going to depreciate the first few years. But they will quickly level out as well as the new ones continue to rise. I've been buying/ owning tow boats for 30 years now. The used market on them is the strongest its ever been in that time.
Totally agree
Old    Tim (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-29-2016, 7:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brett33 View Post
I wish they would put out a 22' entry level blend of the 210 and G23.. traditional bow, big freeboard, sub floor ballast, reversible rear seat, in floor cooler, NSS, analog gauges...
Lack of analog gauges is why I do not want to buy a new boat. After owning many boats I hate the idea of a single screen and all the ballast control systems. Too much stuff to go wrong.
Old    Nauti 210 (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       07-29-2016, 7:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by srock View Post
Lack of analog gauges is why I do not want to buy a new boat. After owning many boats I hate the idea of a single screen and all the ballast control systems. Too much stuff to go wrong.
This is basically the only 2013+ Nautique I have seen with analog gauges. Would be sweet if it had NSS

http://www.onlyinboards.com/2013-Nau...ire-53795.aspx
Old    Raw B (rawB)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-29-2016, 8:11 AM Reply   
Has anyone had a chance to ride one of those wt-1, wake tractors? Under 20ft, wake specific...

I would think there would be a demand for this size boats for competition lakes or small lake with size restrictions.
Old    Red (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       07-29-2016, 8:41 AM Reply   
Matt,we should kiss. Just get it out if the way. Just too much sexual tension between me and you right meow.
Old    Tim (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-29-2016, 9:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brett33 View Post
This is basically the only 2013+ Nautique I have seen with analog gauges. Would be sweet if it had NSS

http://www.onlyinboards.com/2013-Nau...ire-53795.aspx
2013 - is that correct? Gauges went out after 2009.
Old    Nauti 210 (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       07-29-2016, 11:30 AM Reply   
Tower and graphics look to be period correct. Only one I've ever seen
Old    Matt S (BurnMac42)      Join Date: May 2015       07-29-2016, 7:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheadd View Post
Matt,we should kiss. Just get it out if the way. Just too much sexual tension between me and you right meow.
Because I responded to one of your posts? I stayed out of your JL post and just let Wet Sounds do their thing but you were on a roll yesterday so I couldn't resist...
Old    Swatguy (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-30-2016, 1:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by srock View Post
2013 - is that correct? Gauges went out after 2009.
Yes you could still get a "non team package " boat without Linc and yes you can now add NSS to any 07-13 210.
Old    Casey Cotton (prorider17)      Join Date: Apr 2016       07-31-2016, 6:42 AM Reply   
@rawb - I haven't seen one in person yet, but have heard good things.
Old    James Hosman (get_sum)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-31-2016, 7:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawB View Post
Has anyone had a chance to ride one of those wt-1, wake tractors? Under 20ft, wake specific...

I would think there would be a demand for this size boats for competition lakes or small lake with size restrictions.


I drive past a black/red everyday on the way to/from work. It certainly looks ok, but really small.

I should stop one day soon and take some pictures up close and of the interior.
Old    "G" (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-31-2016, 3:33 PM Reply   
I'm Intrested to see what the new GS looks like. I was told it's got a shorter free boad (Gunnals) so that it will fit inside a normal sized Garage. It's been a long time since Natique made a wake machine that had a folding tower that would fit in a standard garage. I'm looking forward to what they come up with. I must say Unless it looks the the "Art Of Kenettik" boats Im not Intrested! LOL. With that said I would love to see some one come out with a Luxury wake machine. Think of it as a Caddy CTS V wake machine. I'm over the whole boats that look like nascar' picked the color and interior patterns.
Old    Matt (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-01-2016, 7:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
I'm Intrested to see what the new GS looks like. I was told it's got a shorter free boad (Gunnals) so that it will fit inside a normal sized Garage. It's been a long time since Natique made a wake machine that had a folding tower that would fit in a standard garage. I'm looking forward to what they come up with. I must say Unless it looks the the "Art Of Kenettik" boats Im not Intrested! LOL. With that said I would love to see some one come out with a Luxury wake machine. Think of it as a Caddy CTS V wake machine. I'm over the whole boats that look like nascar' picked the color and interior patterns.
I'm definitely interested now, depending on what they consider a standard garage. I looked at a new X2 and NXT this year, and despite their claim to fit in standard garages, I can't get them under my door. Mastercraft then claims it's not a standard garage. Odd, but my '11 X1 clears just fine.

I also agree with the more subtle schemes. I guess we will find out more in a few days
Old    RM (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-05-2016, 6:02 PM Reply   
Just watched the live unveiling on Facebook. Looks nice! 6'6" tall with tower folded and the tower looked pretty easy to fold. Looks roomy for a 20' boat and nice walkthrough on the transom.
Old    Cameron (Cam3sc)      Join Date: Aug 2015       08-05-2016, 6:27 PM Reply   
Tried to price one out and can't yet. If this is reasonably priced I think it will sell well
Old    Timmy! (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-05-2016, 6:37 PM Reply   
Watched the live unveiling as well. Looks like a pretty sweet boat! Very big for a 20' boat. 100" beam was it?
Old    Timmy! (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-05-2016, 6:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3sc View Post
Tried to price one out and can't yet. If this is reasonably priced I think it will sell well
What's your guess on price? I'm thinking $90k+.
Old    Cameron (Cam3sc)      Join Date: Aug 2015       08-05-2016, 6:56 PM Reply   
Too rich for my blood I am guessing. If I could get around 80K loaded I would pull the trigger. But that looks like a dream in today's market. I think it will be priced right below 100K
Old    Darren Yearsley (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-05-2016, 11:52 PM Reply   
It looks sweet. If the wake performance is good I would rock this boat for sure
Old    TW (tweeder)      Join Date: Aug 2015       08-06-2016, 8:13 AM Reply   
Website says starting MSRP of $95,907. What do you all think you can get a loaded one for?
Old    David Williams (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-06-2016, 9:40 AM Reply   
Saw the unveiling last night and rode in it today while Drew Danielo surfed and Shaun Murray wakeboarded. Very nice boat. More details to follow.

Name:  GS20.jpg
Views: 1346
Size:  45.2 KB
Old    Andrew Moreton (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-06-2016, 9:42 AM Reply   
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts (and seeing your pics) Dave!
Old    RM (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-06-2016, 11:43 AM Reply   
Just saw video of surfing behind it. Really hard to tell from the angle the video was being shot but the surf wave looked small. Again, this could just be the camera angle
Old    Kronos (kronoss)      Join Date: Oct 2010       08-06-2016, 7:20 PM Reply   
just what the world needed, another 100k boat.
Old    Matt Zelenik (mlzelenik)      Join Date: Apr 2016       08-08-2016, 10:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronoss View Post
just what the world needed, another 100k boat.
a 20 Ft. $100K boat

got our leftover 15' SE450 with .3 hrs for less than the base price of this 20 footer. It is pretty sweet though
Old    Nauti 210 (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-08-2016, 5:53 PM Reply   
Really wanted to believe it wasn't true but, 100k crossover? Come on!! I guess if dad is forking out the cash he gotta get a slalom set in too.
Old    Tim (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-09-2016, 6:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brett33 View Post
Really wanted to believe it wasn't true but, 100k crossover? Come on!! I guess if dad is forking out the cash he gotta get a slalom set in too.
Weak
Old    Corey Shidler (CRS_mi)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-09-2016, 9:58 AM Reply   
Of course the price sucks, but there seems to be plenty of people paying it as you don't see a lot of leftover model years sitting around new. I went to a demo for the GS20 Saturday and the boat is awesome. The private lake the demo was held at is setup mainly just to run a slalom course on, so it was only 8' deep. Even at only 8' deep, the wake was pretty good for stock ballast. I would love to try it out in deep water. The main thing was that the wake was very solid. It never felt soft and I never blew through it. I feel like a lot of wakes look good but they are a bit soft so when you really lay into them you can punch through them. The build and comfort of the boat was great, and the amount of storage considering it's a 20' boat with all sub floor ballast was really impressive. The new drivers seat is really nice too. I've demoed a few new 20' wakeboard boats this year and this one is by far my favorite. My only complaint was that it seemed like it took forever to get going when you get pulled up. It didn't act like it was struggling or anything, just took a long time to get up to speed. I also would prefer that they had just put normal gages in it as a cheaper option but I think that's just the way the market is going. I loved the way the tower folds down to fit in a sub 7' garage door as well. Really nice boat overall. Now I just need to sell some organs or something to be able to buy one.

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 3:17 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us