Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003

Old    phimple            08-24-2003, 10:51 AM Reply   
I have a fibreglass ski platform built into my boat and was thinking of putting some sort of matting on it so it could be stood on whilst putting your board on.
I was thinking of a tough rubber or something the fins wouldn't cut it up, but have not been able to buy something that was fuel proof.

Would Gator Grip work or is it not really designed for that?

Any thoughts?
Old     (parkcityxj)      Join Date: Mar 2001       08-24-2003, 11:15 AM Reply   
I've got Gator Grip on my platform, love it. I've spilled gas on it a few times w/no problems. Hasn't gotten any rips or cuts from fins either. I've had it well over a year too.
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-24-2003, 7:17 PM Reply   
Hey Phimple,

Gator Grip works great for that such purpose.
Just let me know if you'd like to order some or to see a sample.

Jay: with the gas be carefull gas will destroy the material as well as the sticky back. Just be sure to flush the area.

Chris
No Slip Gator Grip
www.wakejunky.com
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-24-2003, 8:50 PM Reply   
this is a really dumb question. How come you're spilling gas on your swim step?
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-25-2003, 10:25 AM Reply   
Phimple,

spray it with Dura Liner. You'll never have to worry about it again.
Old    phimple            08-25-2003, 11:19 AM Reply   
Tom,

My gas filler is a the back of the built in swim step, when fueling up and it clicks off there is normally a little blow back that runs down the swim step. I always wash it off straight away but I was concerned it would ruin the rubber or adhesive holding it down...

Yeah its not a good design...
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-25-2003, 9:57 PM Reply   
Phimple, try this next time...put your ear near the pump as it fills the boat and youll start to hear the hissing sound change note as it get near full ease off then and your less likely to be cleaning off your platform. Ive got the same problem with my boat, the pump doesnt shut off anywhere near soon enough.
Old    exdeckboater2            08-26-2003, 12:08 PM Reply   
Here's another option.

http://www.swimplatformmat.com