Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (phillywakeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-15-2012, 7:57 PM Reply   
Anyone ever fix a leaking sac? I have a fly high with a bad leak between the black threaded insert and the sac. It's not a coupling issue - the threads are fine - but rather a leak between the black threaded insert and the bag itself. It's pretty old - about 6 years - but I'd figure I'd see if anyone has ever fixed one with this problem before replacing it. Thanks!!
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-16-2012, 6:08 AM Reply   
You can send them back to FlyHigh in Milwaukee. Not 100% sure what Mike Sieple (owner) charges, but they do it pretty regularly. Call and ask for Mike (before 4:30 CST) 414-964-3668.
Old     (phillywakeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-16-2012, 8:28 PM Reply   
Thanks so much for the info! I'll give him a ring next week.
Old     (wakedoc)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-19-2012, 5:33 PM Reply   
I have the same problem - the black insert has separated from the sac. Talked to Mike about it, and he said they are heat sealed, so can't be repaired. He suggested that I could try 3M marine sealant if I wanted to give it go before replacing it, but couldn't find the product he recommended. Tried a Sika marine sealant, and it lasted for a couple of weeks before separating again. Will try again and give it another go before giving up

Have a talk to Mike (he is very helpful) and see if he has any different suggestion for you
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       11-19-2012, 5:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakedoc View Post
I have the same problem - the black insert has separated from the sac. Talked to Mike about it, and he said they are heat sealed, so can't be repaired. He suggested that I could try 3M marine sealant if I wanted to give it go before replacing it, but couldn't find the product he recommended. Tried a Sika marine sealant, and it lasted for a couple of weeks before separating again. Will try again and give it another go before giving up

Have a talk to Mike (he is very helpful) and see if he has any different suggestion for you
Try that marine sealant and then add a patch to hold the two pieces together a bit from either side?
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-20-2012, 7:02 AM Reply   
I would try a pool patch kit,

If it where me I would take the patch and cut a hole in the center and slide it over the fitting and put the glue all around the fitting and the new patch.

I have a hole in my 1100 sac thats been patch for 3 years now with no problems.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       11-20-2012, 7:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonblarc7 View Post
I would try a pool patch kit,

If it where me I would take the patch and cut a hole in the center and slide it over the fitting and put the glue all around the fitting and the new patch.

I have a hole in my 1100 sac thats been patch for 3 years now with no problems.
I patch entire seems on one of my old coverless sacs... its given me 10 years of use, seam blew after year 4 or 5... I got vinyl cement/pool patch glue whatever it is... and then I got old pool liner samples for my patches... yes, 79$ sac over 10 years and too cheap to buy a new one