Articles
   
       
       
Pics/Video
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    Ron T (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-24-2012, 9:34 AM Reply   
Did not see this coming! http://www.politico.com/news/stories...810.html?hp=l6
Old    Scott (magicr)      Join Date: May 2004       10-24-2012, 9:46 AM Reply   
There are publicity whores, and then there's Donald Trump. He needs to have his own show to release his giant ego. Wait a minute, he does, its still not enough.
Old    Akadirtbikingdad (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       10-24-2012, 10:21 AM Reply   
He may be. Now let's see if Obama will deny his favorite charity $5 million.
Old    Scott (magicr)      Join Date: May 2004       10-24-2012, 10:31 AM Reply   
Maybe if Romney will release more than 2 years of Tax returns, then it could be 10 million.
Old    Akadirtbikingdad (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       10-24-2012, 10:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicr View Post
Maybe if Romney will release more than 2 years of Tax returns, then it could be 10 million.
Now that's idea. Only all democrats are poor and cannot offer the bounty Trump did.
Old    RileyBangerter (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-24-2012, 11:29 AM Reply   
uh oh
Attached Images
 
Old    RileyBangerter (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-24-2012, 11:35 AM Reply   
Not all democrats are poor, Rockefeller is far from poor. The rich ones just want to keep the American Public poor and unarmed so they can do whatever they please
Old    Scott (magicr)      Join Date: May 2004       10-24-2012, 11:37 AM Reply   
Does Ann know?
Attached Images
 
Old    "G" (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-24-2012, 11:37 AM Reply   
If Trump wants a copy of Obamas Berth Cert he only need to search "You Tube" check out this Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s9StxsFllY
Old    Scott (magicr)      Join Date: May 2004       10-24-2012, 11:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Not all Republicans are poor, John D.Rockefeller is far from poor. The rich ones just want to keep the American Public poor and unarmed so they can do whatever they please
fify
Old    Paul (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-24-2012, 12:05 PM Reply   
Hey scott why don't you post up the last four years of your tax returns for public viewing. No? Didn't think so. Romney filed his taxes with the IRS just like everyone else. Why would he need to make them public? If there was any cheating going on, then thats what the agents at the IRS are hired to find.
Old    Scott (magicr)      Join Date: May 2004       10-24-2012, 12:42 PM Reply   
I never said I thought Romney somehow cheated in paying taxes. But the only reason I believe he doesn't want to show his previous returns, is that he is embarrassed of the fact that he had a tax rate of zero. I never claimed there was any cheating involved.

Quote:
Hey scott why don't you post up the last four years of your tax returns for public viewing. No? Didn't think so.
That's a silly retort, I'm not running for President.

The people who keep on bringing up the fake Birth certificate nonsense look like Glenn Beck Fox-bots. Let it go...... oooohhhhhmmmmm.
Old    A-dub (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-24-2012, 12:55 PM Reply   
Why does Gary Johnson not get any coverage, virtually at all? He sides with the opinions of the majority of America.
Old    Rich (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012       10-24-2012, 1:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindtheboat View Post
Why does Gary Johnson not get any coverage, virtually at all? He sides with the opinions of the majority of America.
It's because he is not a member of the Goldman Sachs Establishment Party. If you're Anti-Establishment, the Establishment won't assist you in your message.

That said, at least we have the internet. Awareness is growing
Old    Paul (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-24-2012, 1:31 PM Reply   
I don't care if he didn't pay anything in federal taxes. He isn't doing ANYTHING illegal. He is using a system EVERYONE uses. Just because you are rich you should be ok with the Government taking more? BS. If people don't like the tax code, then they should change it, but I for one will do everything legal to make sure the government gets the absolute minimum from me. I MADE THE MONEY. They did not.
Old    Spencer Coon (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       10-24-2012, 1:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
I don't care if he didn't pay anything in federal taxes. He isn't doing ANYTHING illegal. He is using a system EVERYONE uses. Just because you are rich you should be ok with the Government taking more? BS. If people don't like the tax code, then they should change it, but I for one will do everything legal to make sure the government gets the absolute minimum from me. I MADE THE MONEY. They did not.
Word....
Old    Rich (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012       10-24-2012, 2:33 PM Reply   
Don't hate the player, hate the game?

That is how I feel.
Old    RileyBangerter (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-24-2012, 2:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
I don't care if he didn't pay anything in federal taxes. He isn't doing ANYTHING illegal. He is using a system EVERYONE uses. Just because you are rich you should be ok with the Government taking more? BS. If people don't like the tax code, then they should change it, but I for one will do everything legal to make sure the government gets the absolute minimum from me. I MADE THE MONEY. They did not.
True that!
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-24-2012, 3:33 PM Reply   
I know H&R Block doesn't do my taxes. I'm sure Mitt doesn't use them either.
Old    Jeremy (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-24-2012, 3:48 PM Reply   
Wait, I thought Trump had a posse that had concrete evidence that Obama was not an American. Why the 5 million dollar deal?
Old    Flight007 (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       10-24-2012, 3:54 PM Reply   
When i have had job interviews potential employers have always asked for my college GPA or transcripts. This for jobs around 60-80 grand a year. You would think that is one of the first things you would want to know about someone who hold the highest office in the land. Seriously, forget about political affiliation for a second. Why would anyone spend over 1 million to hide and seal his college records? You wouldn't unless you had something to hide. Obama himself has cause all these problems because he is not forth coming with these things. Think about it, all Trump is asking is for a little transparency in which the President campaigned on, we have seen absolutely none. in fact quite the opposite. So even though Obama has not kept nearly every promise he said he would, his sheeple still back him like he is the messiah. I have news for you Barry Soetoro fans, he is a sham, a scammer, I believe Obama is nothing more han an opportunist that can read a teleprompter pretty well.
Old    Jeremy (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-24-2012, 3:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by theloungelife View Post
It's because he is not a member of the Goldman Sachs Establishment Party. If you're Anti-Establishment, the Establishment won't assist you in your message.

That said, at least we have the internet. Awareness is growing
My local paper, which has a strong conservative editor, just endorsed Johnson for president. This is the first time in 80 years that they haven't endorsed the GOP candidate.

Johson for President
Old    Jeremy (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-24-2012, 4:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by poser007 View Post
When i have had job interviews potential employers have always asked for my college GPA or transcripts. This for jobs around 60-80 grand a year. You would think that is one of the first things you would want to know about someone who hold the highest office in the land. Seriously, forget about political affiliation for a second. Why would anyone spend over 1 million to hide and seal his college records? You wouldn't unless you had something to hide. Obama himself has cause all these problems because he is not forth coming with these things. Think about it, all Trump is asking is for a little transparency in which the President campaigned on, we have seen absolutely none. in fact quite the opposite. So even though Obama has not kept nearly every promise he said he would, his sheeple still back him like he is the messiah. I have news for you Barry Soetoro fans, he is a sham, a scammer, I believe Obama is nothing more han an opportunist that can read a teleprompter pretty well.
Did the guy interviewing you ask you to do something that other interviewees didn't have to do? Did you have to show them what kind of underwear you were wearing?

Did Reagan have to show his transcript? Did Bush? Did any president? Are you demanding to see Romney's? So why would Obama have to submit to such a request? It's funny that we only became interested in presidential transcripts and birth certificates when a black democrat was going to win. Damn guys, they resorted to that tactic in 2008 because they saw McCain didn't have a chance to win. Romney has a realistic shot, no need for the kookiness.
Old    Shawndoggy (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-24-2012, 5:19 PM Reply   
Are there any corresponding cooky theories about Romney?
Old    Barry Waste (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-24-2012, 6:42 PM Reply   
Some say he's Mormon...
Old    Jason Callen (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-24-2012, 7:00 PM Reply   
^^^^ has nothing to do with black or Democratic Party. Has everything to do with the bull**** lies and garbage and deceit he has been giving us. With power and spotlight comes transparency if you are a good person. If you have things to hide you have zero business trying to lead a nation
Old    Scott (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-24-2012, 10:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
Hey scott why don't you post up the last four years of your tax returns for public viewing. No? Didn't think so. Romney filed his taxes with the IRS just like everyone else. Why would he need to make them public? If there was any cheating going on, then thats what the agents at the IRS are hired to find.
Yet there is a sizable group that still DEMANDS that Obama show his birth certificate? Aren't there people that are hired to check this, too?

Both arguments are quite stale and boring.
Old    Flight007 (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       10-24-2012, 10:41 PM Reply   
Are you freaking serious? George W Bush had a C average while at Harvard and Yale. John Kerry was a C and D student. Carter was an A student. No President has ever had their college records sealed like Obama has done. Mr. Transparency has been anything but. Nothing about this President makes any sense. I had to show my birth certificate to renew my freaking license. I guess that is more important than holding the highest office in the country.
Old    Jeremy (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-25-2012, 3:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsidarider View Post
^^^^ has nothing to do with black or Democratic Party. Has everything to do with the bull**** lies and garbage and deceit he has been giving us. With power and spotlight comes transparency if you are a good person. If you have things to hide you have zero business trying to lead a nation
How so? They were claiming he wasn't an American before he even won the election in 2008. That argument doesn't hold any water.
Old    Jeremy (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-25-2012, 3:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by poser007 View Post
Are you freaking serious? George W Bush had a C average while at Harvard and Yale. John Kerry was a C and D student. Carter was an A student. No President has ever had their college records sealed like Obama has done. Mr. Transparency has been anything but. Nothing about this President makes any sense. I had to show my birth certificate to renew my freaking license. I guess that is more important than holding the highest office in the country.
Didn't he release his birth certificate a couple of years ago? I bet if you use Google you can probably see an e-copy for yourself.

And showing it or not showing it is not the point. You have to show your birth certificate to renew your license because it is the law. Is it the law for the president to show his birth certificate to be elected? If it is such a huge deal, how come we waited until the 44th president (250 or so years) before we started to worry about birth certificates? Has Romney released his?
Old    Paul (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-25-2012, 7:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_a View Post
Yet there is a sizable group that still DEMANDS that Obama show his birth certificate? Aren't there people that are hired to check this, too?

Both arguments are quite stale and boring.
I don't disagree. Why would Trump waist 5MM now. He is only going to be in there for a few more months anyway!
Old    Akadirtbikingdad (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       10-25-2012, 7:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Did Reagan have to show his transcript? Did Bush? Did any president? Are you demanding to see Romney's? So why would Obama have to submit to such a request? It's funny that we only became interested in presidential transcripts and birth certificates when a black democrat was going to win. Damn guys, they resorted to that tactic in 2008 because they saw McCain didn't have a chance to win. Romney has a realistic shot, no need for the kookiness.
I really do not care about the BC. I feel he was born in Hawaii, despite what granny said. However, I feel he probably denounced (if that is the proper word) his citizenship at some point and I feel he used his minority foreign status to gain entry into the schools that he supposedly attended. As for McCain, he was nothing more than a sacrificial lamb. The election was lost regardless of who was on the ticket and it was better to choose a "has been" and a never will be than ruin someone who actually has a shot at being the next GOP president. I wanted Romney in '08 but soon realized the "plan". The election was given by default (economy, war and candidate) to the dems. Now that things are worse in most ways, it is time for the GOP to actually have an electable candidate.

Things look pretty grim for Obama. His lies are catching up with him and now the Libya coverup. Timing could not be worse. However, it is not over until the votes are cast. If Obama wins, I'll hope John A is right. If he loses, I'll hope that I am not a blinded republican and just looking at things through rose colored glasses.

Let me say this about Obama. The fact that he is willing to state during a debate that he is happy allowing any job to leave this country and go overseas (because it is not high tech) says a lot. It says that he would rather have people do nothing instead of actually working for a living and/or that he wants people to believe that they are too good for a menial task with menial wages. The fact is that I would rather a person work (be responsible) instead of getting a government check and there are plenty of people here in the US who will never be able to perform more than a menial task for a menial wage, which equates to menial living conditions and luxuries (phone, cable, computer, booze, cigs, etc, etc, etc). It is the menial wages and living conditions that make driven people actually want to remain in a job (to move to better jobs), stay clean, get training or education to improve the conditions for themselves and their family.

I kind of got off topic there, but Trump is not after the BC. That is history. What he is interested in is Obama's transcripts to show that he actually has the credentials he says he has or to show that he did not use untrue methods to gain entrance into the schools when the education history we do have is so mediocre.
Old    Jeremy (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-25-2012, 1:31 PM Reply   
^He certainly was a few months ago. He had a posse led by the sheriff from AZ. They said they were close to the evidence proving Obama was not a citizen.
Old    Spencer Coon (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       10-25-2012, 1:59 PM Reply   
Has anyone heard any talk of whether or not the president will release those transcripts? You'd think he'd release them in a heartbeat to help those in need unless there was something to hide. Would there be any other reason for holding out?
Old    "G" (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-25-2012, 2:22 PM Reply   
WOW all this talk of Transcripts and Birth Cert's you guys are Pushing it! LOL LOL Asking a guy to Prove he has the proper qualifications to hold the highest office in the US. Sounds Like racesisim!
You have never asked any former presidents to provide this type of info and now all of a sudden youíre asking the Obama. racesisim! LOL

Get ready for people to start calling you a Birther and other negitave terms because youíre asking a simple question. But when the truth comes out we will all see who has the last laugh. Hey If Obama is legit Why all the smoke and Mirrors. Why spend millions blocking information. Like his transcripts .The "you didnít make this guy or the last guy show his transcripts donít wash here" Didn't Obama run and get elected on the platform Change! Hope! And Transparency! This dosen't sound like Change to me it sounds like typical Washington Stonewalling

Why are so many people asking questions about his Birth cert and why did it take 3+ years for him to receive it. If he was legit and honest and most Important TRANSPARENT wouldnít he slap his birth cert on the table and say ok lets move on??? I think his Cert is a Fake and so is Obama.

The Passport he used will show how he entered the country and if He came in as a US citizen or a Foreign Student. This is the Bomb Shell we all want to see. Good luck getting captain Transparent to do what he told us all he was going to do.
Old    "G" (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-25-2012, 2:27 PM Reply   
Obama-izim
Attached Images
 
Old    Jeremy (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-25-2012, 3:44 PM Reply   
Grant, just answer me one simple question: Has Romney released his birth certificate?
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-25-2012, 3:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Grant, just answer me one simple question: Has Romney released his birth certificate?
I'm sure he would if you gave him 5 million dollars.He'a a republican,so he would figure out a way to deduct it off his taxes as a charitable contribution.Republicans get real world education,the school of hard knocks.
Old    Ron T (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-25-2012, 10:24 PM Reply   
I wonder why President Obama hasn't produced? Here's an easy way to give a charity 5 million dollars.
Old    Flight007 (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       10-25-2012, 10:34 PM Reply   
Ok Jeremy, I don't want to be mean but your responses are ridiculous. Romney has not sealed his records. Only Obama has done this. He spent over 1 million to do this. If that doesn't sound absolutely stinky to you then I don't know what to tell you. Obama is his own worse enemy, he could put a stop to all this in a heart beat while doing something amazing for a any charity of his choice. I guarantee you if Trump made this deal with Bush he would have made the call already, oh woops, we already have Bushes college records he didn't hide the fact his grades weren't exactly stellar. Obama needs to nut up and quit hiding his past and the liberal media needs to stop bashing anyone who calls him out on it. Remember the couple that suck into the White House? Lets vote them out LOL!!!!
Old    "G" (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-25-2012, 11:37 PM Reply   
Poser 007 ^^^^ I agree 100%
Attached Images
 
Old    Nicolas Kohler (monkey_butt)      Join Date: Sep 2011       10-26-2012, 6:51 AM Reply   
guys - no matter what political party you prefer - both sides have at various times bent the 'thruth' ... but factcheck.org keeps a pretty good record for either side. It doesn't keep track of Donald Trump but he's not running for office either so I guess that's okay.

http://factcheck.org/2012/07/obamas-sealed-records/
Old    John Anderson (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-26-2012, 7:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
I don't care if he didn't pay anything in federal taxes. He isn't doing ANYTHING illegal. He is using a system EVERYONE uses. Just because you are rich you should be ok with the Government taking more? BS. If people don't like the tax code, then they should change it, but I for one will do everything legal to make sure the government gets the absolute minimum from me. I MADE THE MONEY. They did not.
So basically you don't care what the tax code is. IOW if the tax code said you pay 100% of your income as tax and people making a million pay zero, you would be content with electing someone who makes millions and their motives to keep the tax code as is would not be an issue with you?

Of course that isn't true, but I find it curious that you can't seem to understand the obvious rationale that you are rejecting as demonstrated in your post. What you are arguing against is belief that it is considered necessary to see how an candidate benefits from the current tax code to know what their motives will be to change it. You are arguing against you own claim that we should change the tax code if we don't like it.

If fact that is one of the most significant issues of this election... the tax code.

Last edited by fly135; 10-26-2012 at 7:15 AM.
Old    Paul (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-26-2012, 7:43 AM Reply   
Seriously? I never said I don't care what the tax code is. What I am arguing against is the fact that he has to open up his tax returns to the public. There is no reason other than for the democrats to shout " LOOK EVERYONE his taxes are low!!!!! So all the poor people can shout BOOOOO! Thats not fair!!!! Even though they don't have the slighest F*&*(ing clue how business and investment work. Point is he shouldn't be demonized for using the system to his advantage.
Old    John Anderson (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-26-2012, 8:36 AM Reply   
No Paul, you said you don't care if he paid no taxes as long as he didn't do anything illegal and used the same system everyone else used. Personally I don't care if he reveals his tax returns because the info is basically already out there. Which IMO already reveals enough about Romney to indicate that I disagree with him. And I also disagree with your claim that he shouldn't be demonized for using the system. Assuming you mean "demonized" as in it reveals his motives are contrary to what the average person may believe is correct.

When I look at Romney I don't really see anything attractive. It's unlikely that he is going to actually accomplish downsizing govt, which would mean shedding the lowest paid workers while retaining the highest paid. His tax policies as he stated of zero taxes for investor means shifting the burden of funding the govt to workers. Of course he throws in that zero taxes on investments will only apply to those who aren't making high earning, but IMO that is not where he wants to be. Quite frankly this doesn't make sense. Why should workers who have significant overhead to hold a job pay taxes when investors who sit on their ass pay nothing?

He is unwilling to trim military spending but is going to cut other govt spending. What govt spending? We are already in a recession, so his plan is to put people out of work in the domestic economy? That's a plan? People bitch because Obama couldn't meet his goal of under 6% unemployment. But no economic model shows that an under 6% number if feasible under the best of situations. Are we really going to decide our future solely on unrealistic promises that could have never been met by electing someone with unrealistic promises that can't be met? Or should we look at what's realistic and base our decision on that?

This isn't an argument about whether Romney is qualified, it's about who he is and where he wants to go. It's about who's ideology fits with your personal beliefs. Romney's ideology over who pays the taxes and the size of the military doesn't align with mine. I'm not going to pick a candidate based on how soon they assigned blame for an attack on a foreign embassy.

I have never been afraid of a terrorist or a foreign dictator. But I sure as heck afraid of where were are going in this country wrt to the economy and affordable healthcare. Romney's claim that he is going to repeal the ACA on day one does not appeal to me. If he had said his priority was to work to produce a new comprehensive healthcare law that will reduce costs, protect people's right to affordable healthcare, and replace the ACA I would be interested. But to repeal it with nothing in it's place puts us backwards to where we were paralyzed in our ability to address healthcare. If anything the ACA should stay in place to encourage us to work forwards and come up with something better.
Old    Jeremy (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-26-2012, 8:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by poser007 View Post
Ok Jeremy, I don't want to be mean but your responses are ridiculous. Romney has not sealed his records. Only Obama has done this. He spent over 1 million to do this. If that doesn't sound absolutely stinky to you then I don't know what to tell you. Obama is his own worse enemy, he could put a stop to all this in a heart beat while doing something amazing for a any charity of his choice. I guarantee you if Trump made this deal with Bush he would have made the call already, oh woops, we already have Bushes college records he didn't hide the fact his grades weren't exactly stellar. Obama needs to nut up and quit hiding his past and the liberal media needs to stop bashing anyone who calls him out on it. Remember the couple that suck into the White House? Lets vote them out LOL!!!!
Again, you spout nothing but BS, with absolutely NO evidence to support your claim, yet I am the ridiculous one? There is nothing worse than having to argue with someone that believes everything they read, provided it comes from some conservative, idiotic source. Read below for yourself which debunks everything you just said and I even put it in bold to save you some reading (from FactCheck.org): {it also addresses some of the other conservative pundit myths as well}

Nothing ‘Sealed’

The idea that any Obama record is “sealed” is a falsehood, to start. The word “sealed” when applied to documents ordinarily refers to records that would normally be public, but that a judge has ruled cannot be released without the court’s permission. Common examples of truly “sealed” documents include records of crimes committed as a juvenile or records of adoptions. None of the claims in this message refers to records actually “sealed” in that usual sense.

In some cases, the records this screed claims are “sealed” are actually public, and open for anyone to see. Other supposedly “sealed” records are normally private documents that Obama hasn’t released — and that other presidential candidates haven’t released either.

So as with earlier versions, this is little more than an attempt to raise suspicions by asking for records that aren’t ordinarily made public, without any evidence that those records contain anything derogatory. We’ll take the claims and questions in the order they appear.

Claims #1, 2 and 4, college records. Obama’s college records are not “sealed” by a court order, as this graphic would have you believe. It would be illegal under federal law (the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974) for Occidental, Columbia or Harvard Law School to give any former student’s records to reporters or members of the public without that person’s specific, written permission. Obama hasn’t released them, but neither have other presidential candidates released their college records. George W. Bush’s grades at Yale eventually became public, but only because somebody leaked them to the New Yorker magazine. Bush himself refused to release them, according to a 1999 profile in the Washington Post.

Claim #3, thesis paper. Obama did write a paper on nuclear disarmament for an honors course in American foreign policy during his senior year, but it wasn’t the sort of “thesis” that some colleges require for graduation and keep on file in their libraries, like those that Hillary Clinton and Michelle Obama released. During the 2008 campaign, reporters were told that Columbia had not retained a copy of Obama’s 1983 paper, and that Obama didn’t have a copy, either. NBC News contacted his former professor, Michael Baron, who said he looked for his copy but couldn’t find it, and thought he probably tossed it out eight years earlier in a move.
NBC quoted Baron as saying the paper likely would have disappointed Obama’s critics. “The course was not a polemical course, it was a course in decision making and how decisions got made,” Baron told NBC. “None of the papers in the class were controversial.”

Claim #5, Selective Service registration. Obama’s Selective Service registration is public. A copy has been posted publicly, and the Selective Service confirmed that Obama registered for the draft on Sept. 4, 1980, and was given registration number 61-1125539-1.
Worth noting is that nobody in the U.S. has been drafted for military service since 1972, the year Obama turned 11. Obama, like other young men turning age 18 since then, was required to register on a standby basis, in case Congress ever resumes an active military draft. Failure to register is technically a crime, and disqualifies a man for federal student aid or from holding certain federal jobs.

Claim #6, medical records. During the 2008 campaign, Obama released summary medical information from his personal physician, who pronounced him to be in “excellent health” with routine test results for such things as cholesterol all within normal levels. (McCain, who is a cancer survivor and was 71 at the time, let reporters see his records for three hours to show he was cancer-free.)
Since taking office, Obama has followed the practice of earlier presidents. He released results of his first “periodic” physical exam on Feb. 28, 2010. Results of his second “periodic” exam were released Oct. 31, 2011. His physician described him as being “in excellent health and ‘fit for duty.’”

Claims #7 and 8, Illinois state Senate records. Obama’s voting record in the Illinois state Senate is a matter of public record, and about as far from being “sealed” as one can imagine. Reporters extensively went over his votes in 2008. Transcripts of Senate debates in which Obama took part while in office (1997 – 2004) can even be found online, at the website of the Illinois General Assembly.
Obama’s personal appointment calendar as a state senator may still be private — if it still exists — but we’ve seen nothing to suggest that would add much to what is already public. As president, Obama has released records of visitors to the White House (2.4 million so far). There are some exceptions. Personal information about visitors, such as Social Security numbers are not released. And there’s an exemption for “particularly sensitive” information, which might include a visit by a potential Supreme Court nominee, for example. But that’s still more disclosure than any previous president has made, by far.

Claim #9, law firm clients. It’s true that Obama has not released a list of the 30 or so clients for whom he worked personally while he was a lawyer with the firm of Davis, Miner, Barnhill and Gallard in Illinois. He did routinely disclose the law firm’s entire client list while he was in the state Senate, however. And his campaign confirmed in 2008 several specific clients that Obama represented personally, when reporters asked about them. For example, he once represented the liberal group ACORN in a 1995 lawsuit against the state of Illinois, to make voter registration easier.

Claims #10 and 11, birth certificates. The claim that Obama’s birth certificate is “sealed” is pure nonsense. Copies of both the so-called “short” and “long” certificates have been released, and state officials in Hawaii have said repeatedly that Obama was born there in 1961 and is a “natural born American citizen.”

Claim #12, baptism record. If a paper record exists (and we’ve seen no evidence that it does), it would most likely show only what numerous, undisputed news accounts have stated: Obama was baptized in 1988 in Rev. Jeremiah Wright’s Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago. Obama was often seen in attendance at Wright’s church in the 20 years that followed. He was married there, and his two daughters were baptized there.
He remained a member even after some of Wright’s controversial sermons were given national attention in early 2008. When Obama reluctantly severed ties with Wright after weeks of controversy, it was a major news event. Obama and his family now attend St. John’s Episcopal Church, near the White House, though not on a regular basis.

Claim #13: Michelle Obama’s law license. It’s simply not true that the first lady “can no longer practice law as an attorney.” She could resume the practice of law any time she chooses. Both the president and his wife have voluntarily inactivated their Illinois law licenses, thereby avoiding a requirement to take continuing education classes and pay hundreds of dollars in annual fees, which is common for lawyers no longer actively practicing.

Claim #14, first ladies’ assistants. It’s true that the first lady has more than 20 on her staff, but that’s roughly the same as other recent first ladies. The claim that “other first ladies had only one” might conceivably be true of Martha Washington or Dolley Madison, but it’s certainly not true of Laura Bush or Hillary Clinton. Bush had at least 18 that we could count, and probably more with job titles that didn’t make the link clear. The White House has said Michelle Obama’s staff is the same size as Laura Bush’s was.

Claim #15, foreign student aid. The claim that Obama got “foreign student aid” is untrue. That wild falsehood began as an absurd April Fools’ Day hoax in 2009, which we quickly exposed.

Claim #16, Obama’s passport. There’s no reason to think Obama used anything but the then-current version of his U.S. passport when he traveled to Pakistan as a student in 1981. Some who questioned Obama’s birthplace made baseless claims that Pakistan had banned U.S. citizens from visiting in 1981, and speculated that he must have used an Indonesian passport. But they were quite wrong. There was no such travel ban. In fact, the New York Times published a travel piece that year describing the author’s own visit to Lahore, and the U.S. consul later wrote a letter to the Times saying he would “welcome an influx of Americans” and giving advice on how to make the journey.

Last edited by wake77; 10-26-2012 at 8:53 AM.
Old    Paul (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-26-2012, 8:58 AM Reply   
I am not going to sit here and go back and forth with you John. We have different beliefs. Nether one of us is going to change. The whole basis for the post you quoted was because someone was crying foul because he refused to open up four years of tax returns.
Old    Wes (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-26-2012, 9:57 AM Reply   
Jeremy, you just created a post that would take Flight/Poser longer to read than he thinks the earth has even been in existence (a whopping 6,000 years).
Old    Raf (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       10-26-2012, 10:42 AM Reply   
How is it that with all the money Trump has, he still can't get a better hair style?
Old    Akadirtbikingdad (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       10-26-2012, 10:48 AM Reply   
That was a good link to Factcheck.org that Jeremy used. How about this one regarding Romney's involvement with Bain capital?

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/07/rom...me-conclusion/

My 15 year old son, while watching the debates the other night, said: "It seems that they are both lying."
Old    Scott (magicr)      Join Date: May 2004       10-26-2012, 1:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
The whole basis for the post you quoted was because someone was crying foul because he refused to open up four years of tax returns.
Hey I think your talking about me. Just trying to point out the absurdity of Trumps offer to Obama. I just love how Romney supporters see nothing wrong with "The Donald" trying to get to the bottom of Obama's so called cover ups, which were debunked years ago, but seem to get their panties all in a bunch when it's turned around on the candidate they support. Pot meet kettle.
Old    Paul (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-26-2012, 1:47 PM Reply   
Like I said, I didn't disagree with you.
Old    Scott (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-26-2012, 10:28 PM Reply   
Which one of you is this? http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...ace-for-15000/
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-27-2012, 4:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf1985 View Post
How is it that with all the money Trump has, he still can't get a better hair style?
When your as rich as the "Donald",it won't matter if your hair looks like chit. He will always have Tens of thousands of beautiful women hanging on his arms! I'm sorry you can't even begin to compete.

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:10 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2012 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us