Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-25-2012, 6:17 AM Reply   
Does anybody drop there tower while storing their boat with there roswell bar on it?? Im worried that it will spin while laying down? Im finishing up my boat restoration and PIMP job..new everything!! I bought a Roswell bar and Krypt HLCD (8 lbs ea x 4=36 lbs) plus the bar 20lbs?? I have to drop my tower to fit the boat in my garage and now I just figured out that that bar is going to be HEAVY as sh*t. Worry or not?? Ideas? Thanks
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-26-2012, 6:11 AM Reply   
Bump..
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-26-2012, 6:21 AM Reply   
I'll bump it again because I have the same question because I'm thinking about doing the same thing with my supra.

But you did post it in the wrong section, You should have tried it over in the boats & accessories
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-26-2012, 6:43 AM Reply   
Hey Jon, Is that you from Supra?
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       10-26-2012, 7:42 AM Reply   
Andrew when I store my boat at my lake house I have to drop the tower to get it in the garage but once in the garage I hang the tower from the ceiling to keep it up off the interior. I used large industrial hooks from Home Depot and screwed them into studs I used 4 just to be safe. Then to hang from the hooks I used heavy adjustable towing straps to loop the tower and hook to the hooks in the ceiling. Its a pain to do but if its for winter storage its well worth it.

Also I pull the Z5 down before dropping the tower and hang it from a separate set of hooks on the ceiling as well.

Last edited by FunkyBunch; 10-26-2012 at 7:45 AM.
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       10-26-2012, 9:37 AM Reply   
Hey there, as you can see in the pic, I have the roswell style light bar with 4 Pro 60s and lights mounted on it. also, I am forced to lower my tower every time I put it in my storage unit due to height issues. It is quite heavy to lower down and I also wondered if it was going to shift but hasn't yet to this day (probably been lowered down 100 times...). I would say as long as you have the rubber "gaskets" (not sure their technical name) inside your clamps that bolt to the tower, and the clamps are tightened down heavily you shouldn't have a problem. Hope this helps.
Attached Images

Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-26-2012, 10:19 AM Reply   
Yes conner. Thats what I was looking for. Someone that has done it. I can speculate all I want but as a engineer minded person you want hard evidence or proof it works. Thanks man that puts me at ease somewhat. Thanks again.

man you have some of those lights down firing?? That has to be bright?
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       10-26-2012, 11:11 AM Reply   
Yes you should be fine but you will never know until you try. About the lights, the middle one that is facing down should be facing backwards but must have gotten knocked down at some point putting the tower up and down. The two little cylinder lights that face down actually have a red lens with normal LED bulbs inside so at night when they light up the inside of the boat red and aren't overbearing in terms of brightness. I have them hooked up to my red light rings on the tower speakers and have the front and rear facing on separate switches as I rarely use those anyway... With the red LEDs placed in different areas around the inside of the boat if gives off a nice red glow!
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-26-2012, 11:42 AM Reply   
Cool! Im doing the same. I have full white led's (for seeing) on 1-switch and full red leds on another switch and red underwater leds on a 3rd switch. My underwater led's just made Ozniums website. Sweeet!! Thanks for your help man.

http://www.oznium.com/marine-led-light
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       10-26-2012, 1:28 PM Reply   
Oh yea those are sweet lights! I haven't heard of them but now feel the need to order some and find somewhere to stick them lol. Also, regarding the light bar moving around on your tower, I recall a buddy of mine who's tower speakers would shift when we put his tower down on occasions. We simply placed the speakers exactly where we wanted them and drilled a tiny hole all the way through the top of the clamp and tower and put a small stainless screw through the clamp and tower. They never moved after that and it wasn't noticeable. Just another option if they do start to move on you...
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-26-2012, 3:31 PM Reply   
Oh yeah, thanks. I might have to do that on this one. I forgot I had to do that on my board racks. lol. thanks man for your time.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-29-2012, 6:23 AM Reply   
Yep I'm the same one form the supra forum.
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-29-2012, 7:26 AM Reply   
Good to see you. How is that new boat still??
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-29-2012, 1:46 PM Reply   
Wrong Jon I think I still got an 06 24v. LOL