Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (rplogue7)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-03-2012, 8:09 AM Reply   
Is it?

http://youtu.be/F3jnbVGWpLM

Last edited by rplogue7; 09-03-2012 at 8:11 AM.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-03-2012, 8:14 AM Reply   
Very close. Bumped the crest of the 2nd wake... straighten your legs some more by the time you reach the top of your heelside wake and you'll soar over it. Good luck!
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-03-2012, 10:30 AM Reply   
I think INT rulebook says....Lead foot crosses the lip of the second wake sc
as w2w....

Real close though!!!
Keep after it....
Old     (rplogue7)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-03-2012, 11:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
I think INT rulebook says....Lead foot crosses the lip of the second wake sc
as w2w....

Real close though!!!
Keep after it....

I think my lead foot did cross on landing
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-03-2012, 2:12 PM Reply   
If so then CLAIM IT!!!!
Good Job....How did it feel?
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-03-2012, 3:05 PM Reply   
its kinda annoying when you case the wake, just a couple more inches and it will turn into a smooth landing
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-03-2012, 3:42 PM Reply   
I think you cased it but it was close. Only you can be the judge of that, depending on how the landing feels. If it's a smooth landing then that's all that I would care about.
Old     (rplogue7)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-03-2012, 5:27 PM Reply   
Admittedly I feel like if i kept my tip down i would of made it because i skipped off the crest of the lower part of the wake. For me this is big because I pretty much started wakeboarding this summer from basically no experience. Gunna go for 360's on the next outing, landed a few 1-wake 180s so we'll see.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       09-03-2012, 8:39 PM Reply   
Do yourself a favor, get your technique down on real wake to wakes every time, toeside wake to wake, switch jumps and 180s wake to wake before trying 360s. You still flatten off a lot and your w2w needs work. Keep at it, you're close!
Old     (austin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-04-2012, 1:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf1985 View Post
I think you cased it but it was close. Only you can be the judge of that, depending on how the landing feels. If it's a smooth landing then that's all that I would care about.
I agree with this. If you come down with your center of gravity past the crest, then you will smoothly slide down the second wake. In my opinion, that counts even though in videos you may be able to clearly see the back of the board hitting inside the wake.

It's hard to tell from this video, but it does look like there is some significant shock/impact which would indicate the center of gravity was not far enough forward to result in a smooth landing. So judging solely by the video my guess/opinion would be that I probably wouldn't count it, but if it felt smooth to you then count it and don't listen to anyone else.
Old     (rplogue7)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-04-2012, 2:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebordr11 View Post
Do yourself a favor, get your technique down on real wake to wakes every time, toeside wake to wake, switch jumps and 180s wake to wake before trying 360s. You still flatten off a lot and your w2w needs work. Keep at it, you're close!
Yeah bro I'm rushing the progression through September though! Fs 180s are down since I've gotten more board control switch, and working it in to a 2 wake sounds sketchy because If I knuckle it I don't know if I can keep control. Plus my sister tore her acl yesterday which is getting me gunshy a bit :/ I also strained my calf or something but should be good by this weekend.
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-04-2012, 3:32 PM Reply   
a "legit" toeside should be of higher importance in your progression than working on other tricks.
Old     (rplogue7)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-05-2012, 6:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brycejb328 View Post
a "legit" toeside should be of higher importance in your progression than working on other tricks.
So quick question... This saturday.. Should I work at all on my hs fs 360s or just go for a more legit hs wake to wake then go ts wake to wake?
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-05-2012, 7:20 PM Reply   
You should work on getting some toe/heel side pop before anything else.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       09-05-2012, 7:44 PM Reply   
Post a video of your 360 attempts if you do try.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-05-2012, 9:24 PM Reply   
^^^^^Thats just mean!!!^^^^

but I will watch them.....lol
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-06-2012, 7:45 AM Reply   
If you are getting hurt trying the tricks you are doing now, WHY would you want to try something harder. If you can't ride switch comfortably and jump toeside, you should back up get your technique right, then progress.

Trust me, unless your getting lessons, my experience is that it take at least a year or two just to learn how to crash. I know this sounds funny, but you do learn how to crash easier.

Just my $.02
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       09-06-2012, 3:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatTexasBoy View Post
If you are getting hurt trying the tricks you are doing now, WHY would you want to try something harder. If you can't ride switch comfortably and jump toeside, you should back up get your technique right, then progress.

Trust me, unless your getting lessons, my experience is that it take at least a year or two just to learn how to crash. I know this sounds funny, but you do learn how to crash easier.

Just my $.02
I agree. This is the best advice I have seen on this forum in years. You are never going to progress if you are getting banged up on crashes.
Old     (rplogue7)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-06-2012, 5:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebordr11 View Post
Post a video of your 360 attempts if you do try.
i will