Articles
   
       
       
Pics/Video
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    sperbet            09-17-2012, 9:43 AM Reply   
Definitely an impressive week for the NFC West. Congrats to the Seahawks, you'll never catch me hoping they win, except, well, when they're playing the frickin' Jerry's.

At this point the 9ers look so damn good I'm just hoping they don't get overconfident. Harbaugh is really good about keeping them humble though so I don't think it'll be a problem. Niiiiiiiiiineeeeeeerrs!!!!
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-17-2012, 10:38 AM Reply   
Facts are 49ers and Cards are 2-0.Seahawks are 1-1.Seahawks beat a team that went 8-8 last year. 49ers beat two playoff teams from last year.So what have the Seahawks proved?Nothing lets see where they are in 5-6 weeks!
Old    Hate N Pain (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-17-2012, 3:04 PM Reply   
http://cjzero.com/gifs/TateDecleatsLee.gif

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.n...ed-9-16-12.gif
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-17-2012, 5:46 PM Reply   
The refs and the league will be watching now.1 hit wonder we won't even remember in a month!
Old    Cliff Griffin (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-17-2012, 6:27 PM Reply   
So much anger when we win. We weren't the ones babbling on and on about how talented the Boys are this year. We just went out and stomped them. Now everyone is acting as if they weren't hoping on the Fan Boy Dallas bus?
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-17-2012, 7:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle View Post
So much anger when we win. We weren't the ones babbling on and on about how talented the Boys are this year. We just went out and stomped them. Now everyone is acting as if they weren't hoping on the Fan Boy Dallas bus?
No anger here. Just a question,how many Superbowls have the Seahawks won? How many division titles have they won? 49ers and Rams both have them smoked.So what were you saying again?
Old    Brett Yates (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-17-2012, 7:21 PM Reply   
How many super bowls, division titles, etc they have won or haven't won in the past has nothing to do with at all with this season. Do you know what Nada means? I will give you a hint. It isn't a light chicken gravy. The cowgirls got manhandled in every aspect of the game by the hawks. In previous post I said that Seattle and San Fran might both have top 5 defenses. Might as well add Arizona in there. I know it is early but no one is taking the NFC west lightly anymore. This is a tough and physical conference.
Old    David Williams (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-17-2012, 9:47 PM Reply   
The Amigos are out of the mansion!!
Old    Cliff Griffin (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-17-2012, 10:01 PM Reply   
As I said, so much anger...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifE6X...layer_embedded

Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-18-2012, 3:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
How many super bowls, division titles, etc they have won or haven't won in the past has nothing to do with at all with this season. Do you know what Nada means? I will give you a hint. It isn't a light chicken gravy. The cowgirls got manhandled in every aspect of the game by the hawks. In previous post I said that Seattle and San Fran might both have top 5 defenses. Might as well add Arizona in there. I know it is early but no one is taking the NFC west lightly anymore. This is a tough and physical conference.
Your at 50% 1-1. Thats not top 5.Your in 3rd place in your division.You have lost to a division opponent.This is way too early to be breathing top 5.
Old    Brett Yates (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-18-2012, 8:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Your at 50% 1-1. Thats not top 5.Your in 3rd place in your division.You have lost to a division opponent.This is way too early to be breathing top 5.
I said top 5 defense. I never said we were a top 5 team.
Old    Brett Yates (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-18-2012, 8:31 AM Reply   
I can't wait for our D to shut down Rodgers and Co while we run Lynch down the throats of Green Bay.
Old    Jeremy (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-18-2012, 3:16 PM Reply   
Damn, last week all we heard was crickets from the Seahawk fans, now they are the best ever again. At least be consistent week to week.
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-18-2012, 7:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
I can't wait for our D to shut down Rodgers and Co while we run Lynch down the throats of Green Bay.
Wake up!!!! Your dreaming! Just because the 49ers did it doesn't mean the seahawks can.
Old    Cliff Griffin (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-19-2012, 5:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Damn, last week all we heard was crickets from the Seahawk fans, now they are the best ever again. At least be consistent week to week.
Bah!

You're kidding right... Me a cricket when it comes to my Hawks... Phhhhttt.

On the other hand, I've definitely noticed an absence of you talking up your Titans this season.
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-19-2012, 6:14 PM Reply   
This weeks picks:
Thursday 8:20
Giants @ Panthers-I'LL take the Panthers in a surprise upset.Go Cam!!!
SUNDAY @ 1:00
Bucs @ Cowboys- Boys bounce back in their home opener.
Jaguars @ Colts-Colts win at home,Luck will improve in this game.
Bills @ Browns- I'll have to take the Bills in this one.
Jets @ Dolphins-Should be a good one,division rivals and all.But i like the Jets in this one.
Chiefs @ Saints-Just what the doctor ordered for the Saints.A much needed win at home.
Bengals @ Redskins-This is a tough one,but i think the Skins and RGIII will get the win at home.
Rams @ Bears-Another upset,i'll take the Rams.
49ERS @ Vikings- The 49ers will be too much for AP and the vikes.
Lions @ Titans-Lions will be too tough to tame.Loss of Fischer is too much for Titans to recover from.
SUNDAY 4:00
Falcons @ Chargers- Falcons fly a long way to the west coast,then play late.Jet lag will take it's toll,Chargers in a upset.
Eagles @ Cardinals-Eagles can't overcome the turnovers this time,Cards win in a shocker.
Steelers @ Raiders- Steelers get the bye week win in Oakland.
Texans @Broncos- Defense wins this one and the Texans have the best one in this matchup. Texans win!
SUNDAY NIGHT 8:20
Patriots @ Ravens-I'll take the Ravens at home in the revenge bowl.
Monday night @8:30
Packers @ Seahawks-The Seahawks wil come crashing down to reality.Packers get a EASY road win.
Old    Jeremy (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-19-2012, 6:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle View Post
Bah!

You're kidding right... Me a cricket when it comes to my Hawks... Phhhhttt.

On the other hand, I've definitely noticed an absence of you talking up your Titans this season.
I have been, I'll admit it. I expected more out of them this season. CJ has looked like a practice squad member the first two games. No one has stepped up. Might have to hand the reigns over to Matt until Jake figures out things.
Old    Cliff Griffin (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-21-2012, 7:53 AM Reply   
My pics for this week.

Philly @ Arizona - Arizona

San Fran @ Vikings - Vikings

St Louis @ Chicago - Chicago

Green Bay @ Seattle - Haaaaaaaaawks!
Old    Brett Yates (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-21-2012, 8:08 AM Reply   
My pick

Green bay 17 Seattle 24-Seattle holds GB to less then 75 yards rushing with Rodgers getting most of that on a couple scrambles while Seattle racks up ~200 yards of Rushing between Lynch, Turbin and Russel. Seattle controls the clock and keeps Rodgers off the field. Both Seattle and GB have a defensive or special teams TD. In the end the crowd and the ground game of Seattle are too much for an out of sync GB offense.
Old    Hate N Pain (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-21-2012, 11:39 AM Reply   
Thursday I missed but would have easily gone with New York. I was honest previously when I said I would have taken NY over Dallas when they los that one so you know I'm shooting straight here.

SUN, SEP 23
St. Louis at Chicago 1:00 PM Bears
Buffalo at Cleveland 1:00 PM Bills
Tampa Bay at Dallas 1:00 PM Dallas
NY Jets at Miami 1:00 PM Jets
San Francisco at Minnesota 1:00 PM Frisco
Kansas City at New Orleans 1:00 PM Saints
Cincinnati at Washington 1:00 PM Skins
Detroit at Tennessee 1:00 PM Detroit
Jacksonville at Indianapolis 1:00 PM Jags
Philadelphia at Arizona 4:05 PM Zona
Atlanta at San Diego 4:05 PM Hotlanta
Houston at Denver 4:15 PM Houston
Pittsburgh at Oakland 4:15 PM Pittsburgh
New England at Baltimore 8:20 PM Pats




MON, SEP 24
Green Bay at Seattle 8:30 PM SEEEEEAAAA...HHAAAAWWWKKKSSS

Here's to hoping that I can get a few more right than last week!
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-23-2012, 5:54 PM Reply   
A lot of upsets in the NFL today.49ers lost,Chiefs beat the Saints in OT,Titans beat the clueless Lions in OT.Hello,kick the FG!Cardinals killed the Eagles and the Raiders surprised the rapidly declining Steelers. Only 3 undefeated teams left in the league now.
Old    Jordan Maxymek (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       09-23-2012, 8:45 PM Reply   
How about the Vikings!! Not a bad show against the Niners eh?
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-24-2012, 3:15 AM Reply   
Brady vs. Flacco-Ravens win on a FG????? Maybe? Belichek is upset at refs,probably another fine.
Old    Nick Tomsyck (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-24-2012, 8:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
How about the Vikings!! Not a bad show against the Niners eh?
The Vikings shocked me... they played great!

I was at the game (in 9ers gear) but was amazed at how good the vikings looked. I think Ponder figuring out that he needs to makes throws 15 yards and shorter is going to make him succeed.

A high school buddy of mine now works for the Vikings so we were able to go to the game, get "behind the scenes" of the metrodome, field passes, and some other little extras all for free... was a pretty good weekend besides the 9er loss.
Pre-game warmups - the 9ers were seriously like 10 feet away... I got to toss an overthrown ball back to Harbaugh!

And the man himself
Old    Brett Yates (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-24-2012, 8:41 AM Reply   
Vernon Davis is "the Man". He should be better than he is with the freak natural ability he has. I am not even sure he is a top 5 or 7 TE in the NFL. Hardly "the Man"
Old    Nick Tomsyck (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-24-2012, 8:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
He should be better than he is with the freak natural ability he has.
He can't throw the ball to himself. I think his #1 problem over the years has been Alex Smith having to deal with no other weapons and 10 different OCs
Quote:
I am not even sure he is a top 5 or 7 TE in the NFL. Hardly "the Man"
If you take a look at the top 5 tight ends, you'll find one thing in common... a QB that is considered to be a top 5 QB and other offensive weapons.
This is the first year in a long time that the average NFL fan can name over 3 SF wide-outs.... this is going to lead to a serious boost in VD's production. Otherwise it was always defenses stacking the box to stop Gore and then double covering Vernon Davis.


Bottom line is the guy is a freak of nature.... the next step in human evolution. No one else is that big, fast, and strong.... and now that there are other "threats" for defenses to account for, VD will take a huge boost. He is leading the league right now in TDs and it isn't a fluke and is #1 or #2 based on production with Jimmy Graham
Old    sperbet            09-24-2012, 9:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
Vernon Davis is "the Man". He should be better than he is with the freak natural ability he has. I am not even sure he is a top 5 or 7 TE in the NFL. Hardly "the Man"
This is hilarious Seahawk drivel right here. Lets see. Until last year he was tied with Gates for most ever TDs in a season for a TE. He had something like 250 yards receiving and four TDs in 2 playoff games last year. He's already got 4 TD this year. Please name me 7 TE that are better. What a joke. As Nick just said, Gronk and Graham have two of the best QBs in the NFL throwing to them in pass happy offenses. Gates is over the hill and always injured. Gonzalez is sttill doing work, but is getting up there in age. And even if you counted them that's only 4...

That looks pretty sweet Nick, definitely jealous. Yesterday's game was a little reality check. Hopefully Harbaugh gets them back in line.

Last edited by sperbet; 09-24-2012 at 9:45 AM.
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-24-2012, 11:39 AM Reply   
Vernon Davis is a BEAST! To say he's not top 5 is rediculous.
Old    Train (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-24-2012, 12:52 PM Reply   
this weekend sucked! got killed in my pickem league, and still sucking arse in fantasy.
I think the players need to boycott until the real refs come back. this is a disgrace to the game.
Old    Brett Yates (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-24-2012, 1:29 PM Reply   
OK, ok. Maybe that is the seahawks fan in me but I don't think he has really lived up to the hype and expectations a lot have had. Since he has been in the league these guys have been better than him: Tony G, Witten, Gates and Finley. newcomers like Gronk, Graham and Hernandez have been better. Kellen winslow was in the same league as Davis until this year. I personally think Gronk, Graham, Hernandez(Inj) are all better than him right now. I would rank Davis right with Martilles Bennett, Tony G, Witten and Finley. I really don't think he is super super stud. When you say that he hasn't gotten help because of his QB and WR's around him and those other guys have stud QB's you could also say he should of done better because there is no one else worth throwing to so he shoudl of been targeted more and a TE is also the easiest guy to throw to besides a back slipping out for a screen. I think he is what his stats have shown. He is a very good TE but not elite.
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-24-2012, 8:19 PM Reply   
I'll take the Ravens over the Browns in Thursday nights game.I'll pick the rest of the games on Friday.
Old    Cliff Griffin (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-24-2012, 8:50 PM Reply   
That just happened bitches!
Old    sperbet            09-24-2012, 8:55 PM Reply   
What an embarrassment for the NFL. Game should've been over half way through the 4th with the INT on the bunk roughing call. Not to even mention the ridiculous PI calls and the last play which was also an obvious INT. Sad, sad, sad...
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-24-2012, 8:56 PM Reply   
The game is over the officials have been paid,by Seattle.If you can say that wasn't a interception you are definitely biased.Blown calls on the roughing the passer and pass interference on Shields.This is the worst officiated game i've ever seen in my life.Even Jerry Austin called it a interception.Tate had a BLATANT PUSH OFF on that last play also.Seattle lost this game and any respect i ever had for them to take all those gifts from the refs.
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-24-2012, 8:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle View Post
That just happened bitches!
Bitches is a good name for Seattle.
Old    Cliff (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-24-2012, 9:06 PM Reply   
I don't have a dog in this hunt, but I am angry!
what has happened to the NFL?!
the game was over with the roughing the passer interception non play, then the bogus pass interference call.
Packers are bigger men than me. I wouldn't have let my team go back on the field. The NFL needs a Mark Cuban type of owner/player that doesn't care about fines. They need to start some serious trash talking of the officials.
Old    sperbet            09-24-2012, 9:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
.Seattle lost this game and any respect i ever had for them to take all those gifts from the refs.

Not to mention Pete Carroll dancing around like they just won the Superbowl. What a joke
Old    Brett Yates (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-24-2012, 9:36 PM Reply   
I will say it that the last play was iffy as hell but the entire game had a ton of terrible calls. On both sides there was a ton of terrible calls. The PI on Cam when he made the perfect play with perfect timing, the PI called on the packer guy when it probably should of been on Rice, the terrible PI on woodson on our TE on the last drive, the roughing the passer on the PI, all the holds not called on the packer oline in the second half, etc.. It was just a terribly officiated game. I am really happy we got out of their with a win though. The Hawk defense is legit, the Offense needs some serious work. To hold Aaron Rodgers and the Packers to 12 points is amazing. I can't believe we couldn't run better although it probably had to do with GB not respecting our passing offense and I can't blame them.

On another note I am 3-0 in both my fantasy leagues.
Old    Train (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-24-2012, 9:51 PM Reply   
Joke, but it is what it is. The refs suck, but we are still watching the games. Goodell wont give in, unless th ratings drop. Check thursdays ratings, and see what happens.
Old    Jeremy (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-25-2012, 3:18 AM Reply   
Definitely top 5 of worst calls I have ever seen in football. Not to mention, the no call on Tate's push off (or should I say push down of number 37 {I think}). The ref standing right next to the play called it an interception and gets overruled. I don't have any love for the Packers, but come on, the refs won that game for Seattle. Those guys should never be able to work another game, not even pee wee league football.
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-25-2012, 4:21 AM Reply   
Seattle didn't win the game.The referee's handed them the game on the last play.Don't tell me they couldn't get it right! You agreed with their reversal of the Jennings TD.Think about it ?
Old    Brett Yates (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-25-2012, 6:01 AM Reply   
The refs did not give that game to seattle. They might have blown the last call which is the oly one anybody is talkinf about but they also blew a ton of calls benefitting green bay that was the reason they were even ahead to begin with.
Old    Cliff Griffin (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-25-2012, 6:38 AM Reply   
There were multiple bad calls on both sides throughout the game. Not our fault the idiots couldn't get it right. Oh, and don't expect a Hawks fan to feel the least bit sorry after what we went through in the Superbowl. Luck was with us last night and we'll take it.

BTW

Looky there... someone hit everyone of his pics this week, including the giant fail of the Niners.
Old    sperbet            09-25-2012, 9:57 AM Reply   
The refs DID give the game to Seattle. There were no calls on Seattle's side as bad as those given to them in the last 6 minutes of the game including the final play. Only a blind Seattle homer can't see what happened. You guys lost and the refs gave you a W, that's it.
Old    Brett Yates (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-25-2012, 10:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sperbet View Post
The refs DID give the game to Seattle. There were no calls on Seattle's side as bad as those given to them in the last 6 minutes of the game including the final play. Only a blind Seattle homer can't see what happened. You guys lost and the refs gave you a W, that's it.
That is a complete joke. The PI on Cam was just as bad and the only reason the Packers were ahead to begin with. The constant holding of our Dline the second half was also insane. Jsut keep believing Seattle didnt' deserve to win that game. All that really matters is Seattle is 2-1 and the NFC west is the best conference in teh NFL.
Old    sperbet            09-25-2012, 10:09 AM Reply   
No it's not. You notice the only one making these arguments are Seahawks fans. You guys had -1 total yards of offense the entire 2nd half until the refs started giving you the game. Terrible roughing the passer call that negated an INT that would have iced it. Then a terrible PI call that should have been an offensive PI call, then the hail mary. I don't need to even get into the specifics of how bad that was. THE REFS GAVE YOU THE GAME, DEAL WITH IT.
Old    Brett Yates (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-25-2012, 10:17 AM Reply   
Those were all bad calls but you are acting like there wasn't a bad call in favor of the Packers to negate every one of those. PI on Cam, Non PI on Woodson, holding pretty much every play against GB that wasn't called in teh second half. Again you are putting an emphasis on the last play of the game because it was the last play of the game. The PI on Cam had just as big of an affect to the outcome of the game as did the final play. You just have a hatred for the Hawks obviously that renders you too biased to see that. Again, not that it matters though because the game is over and Seattle has a W in teh win column because of it.
Old    sperbet            09-25-2012, 10:54 AM Reply   
I'm too biased to render an objective opinion. hahahahahahahahah!!!!!

If you think one bad PI call is the equivalent the numerous calls you got at the end of the game there isn't anything else I can say. A PI call at midfield = a free TD at the end of the game? Really? You really believe that? This is hilarious. If you can't even admit to yourself that you got away with one last night then I don't know what else to say.
Old    Brett Yates (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-25-2012, 10:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sperbet View Post
I'm too biased to render an objective opinion. hahahahahahahahah!!!!!

If you think one bad PI call is the equivalent the numerous calls you got at the end of the game there isn't anything else I can say. A PI call at midfield = a free TD at the end of the game? Really? You really believe that? This is hilarious. If you can't even admit to yourself that you got away with one last night then I don't know what else to say.
So how can you not see that the bad PI on Cam gave GB a TD but that the last call gave Seattle a TD. If we take both of those away guess who wins. I will answer for you. Seattle.
Old    sperbet            09-25-2012, 11:26 AM Reply   
The bad PI call on Cam was at midfield, not in the endzone. It didn't give them a TD. How about the bad roughing call? Or the bad PI call against GB two plays later?

There is a reason the NFL world is exploding this morning. It's not because the game was badly officiated on both sides. It's because the refs directly affected the outcome of the game. 31 other NFL fan bases see it the same way as me.
Old    Brett Yates (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-25-2012, 11:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sperbet View Post
The bad PI call on Cam was at midfield, not in the endzone. It didn't give them a TD. How about the bad roughing call? Or the bad PI call against GB two plays later?

There is a reason the NFL world is exploding this morning. It's not because the game was badly officiated on both sides. It's because the refs directly affected the outcome of the game. 31 other NFL fan bases see it the same way as me.
The only reason they think that is because the retarded media is saying that. People are idiot sheep and the media can direct them any way they want. You obviously don't get it. If the BS Cam PI isn't called than GB doesn't get a TD there. There is no way you can argue that. They have 4th and long and punt. Also, I have already said it but the biggest sham might have been the lack of holding calls in the 2nd half of the game on the GB oline. If they actually called those fairly Green Bay woudlnt' of scored a point.
Old    sperbet            09-25-2012, 12:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
The only reason they think that is because the retarded media is saying that. People are idiot sheep and the media can direct them any way they want.
Nope, they're saying it because they actually watched the game and know that GB got jobbed. Glad you enjoyed your 'win'. I'd be embarrassed.
Old    Hate N Pain (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-25-2012, 12:39 PM Reply   
Here's a nice angle we haven't seen yet.
Attached Images
 
Old    Jeremy (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-25-2012, 1:36 PM Reply   
To all of the Seattle fans:

How come there isn't one analyst or commentator (other than probably the local sport show host in Seattle) saying that the call was not dead wrong?

A: Tate clearly shoved 37 to the ground prior to his "catch"
B: The referee standing on the back line of the endzone signaled to stop the clock, in other words, Jennings intercepted the ball and touchback.
C: One hand on the ball after the defensive player has possession is not simultaneous possession. Tate had one hand on the ball after Jennings intercepted it.
D: Not one non-Seattle player has Tweeted or come forward saying that it was a good call.

So enjoy your "win". It just further shows that Seattle is so desperate for wins, they'll take them anyway they can.
Old    Brett Yates (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-25-2012, 2:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
To all of the Seattle fans:

How come there isn't one analyst or commentator (other than probably the local sport show host in Seattle) saying that the call was not dead wrong?

A: Tate clearly shoved 37 to the ground prior to his "catch"
B: The referee standing on the back line of the endzone signaled to stop the clock, in other words, Jennings intercepted the ball and touchback.
C: One hand on the ball after the defensive player has possession is not simultaneous possession. Tate had one hand on the ball after Jennings intercepted it.
D: Not one non-Seattle player has Tweeted or come forward saying that it was a good call.

So enjoy your "win". It just further shows that Seattle is so desperate for wins, they'll take them anyway they can.
I think most Seattle fans realize that it could of and maybe should of been called an interception. I can see why they called what they did though. My problem is everybody focusing on that last play and saying Seattle didnt' deserve to win. My point is there was so many terrible call that went both ways and at least oen in particular that would of taken a TD away from Green Bay. Seattle did deserve to win this game. There is no way you can convince me they don't. Seattle just got the last lucky break.
Old    sperbet            09-25-2012, 2:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
Seattle did deserve to win this game.
No they didn't.
Old    sperbet            09-25-2012, 2:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
To all of the Seattle fans:

How come there isn't one analyst or commentator (other than probably the local sport show host in Seattle) saying that the call was not dead wrong?
Because as Brett already stated, it's a media conspiracy to turn the NFL fans against Seattle. I believe he was wearing a tin foil cap while he typed it out.
Old    Hate N Pain (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-25-2012, 3:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
No they didn't.
Yes they did
Old    dave c (dav51lin)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-25-2012, 3:27 PM Reply   
very bad call immaculate reception 2.The seachickens will only go as far as the defense will take them they have no offense at all .
Old    Cliff Griffin (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-25-2012, 3:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sperbet View Post
Nope, they're saying it because they actually watched the game and know that GB got jobbed. Glad you enjoyed your 'win'. I'd be embarrassed.
Then you're a simpled minded fool, Wasn't our team that made the call it was the refs. Any other team including yours would take the win just as we did. Hawks played their asses off and got lucky with a few bad calls at a crucial point in the game. Seattle did nothing to influence the refs and don't have any reason to be embarrassed. You wanna bitch, direct towards the powers that be not the teams on the field.
Old    Jeremy (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-25-2012, 4:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
I think most Seattle fans realize that it could of and maybe should of been called an interception. I can see why they called what they did though. My problem is everybody focusing on that last play and saying Seattle didnt' deserve to win. My point is there was so many terrible call that went both ways and at least oen in particular that would of taken a TD away from Green Bay. Seattle did deserve to win this game. There is no way you can convince me they don't. Seattle just got the last lucky break.
I can't. The referee that made the right call (the black dude standing right next to play) had Big 12 and Arena football officiating experience. The guy that signaled TD (the white guy) had no officiating experience higher than Division III. Even the NFL owned up to the missed PI call on the play.

GB's coach said he received more voice mails and text messages last night than he did after they won the Superbowl.
Old    Brett Yates (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-25-2012, 4:06 PM Reply   
Scott thinks the only play that determined the outcome of the game was the final play.
Old    Hate N Pain (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-25-2012, 4:26 PM Reply   
Jeremy, pause it at 12 seconds and you can see both refs in the screen. The TD ref actually is closer with a better vantage than the "black dude." He was not right there at the play. Infact he was on the run while the other ref just had to stand there and watch.


Last edited by hatepain; 09-25-2012 at 4:28 PM. Reason: Embed video
Old    Jeremy (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-25-2012, 5:03 PM Reply   
Maybe so Hate, but even a blind guy peddling change outside of the stadium could see it wasn't a TD.
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-25-2012, 5:16 PM Reply   
Bottom line take away the blown last call and the BS PI call on Shields that should have been PI on Rice.Now what do you have well under 200 yards of offense.I too would be proud of those stats if i was doing drugs like the rest of the Seattle fans.Hey it's okay we all know they were just recreational drugs! 99.7% of the football nation agree's the Refs blew the call.Only the Seattle fans see it through Rose colored glasses.
Old    Hate N Pain (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-25-2012, 5:50 PM Reply   
I'm not saying that it was a for sure catch, to be honest if the script was flipped Id be just as pissed as anyone in GB is today. I'm just looking at how they could have come to that conclusion and the pic I posted above does, to me, present a very different angle and interpretation than what we have been seeing.

No one here is Seattle is pleased with the offense, with the exception of Lynche. We are however very proud of our D and the job they did and are doing. They fricken set a record for sacks in a half last night with 8 but you haven't heard that once today.

For me the real take away in this game is we need the refs back NOW. 24 fouls (14 us/10 them) is a joke!
Old    Rich (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-25-2012, 5:54 PM Reply   
Seattle fans recognize that the call was bad. Stop trying to paint it like we're all pounding our chest up here. And stop acting like there weren't other bad calls in the game, and all over the league. You paint it like Seahawk fans got together and chipped in to pay off these dudes, when the fact is we're stuck with the outcome of the bad refs just like everyone else.
If the OPI had been called, or if the refs had gotten together and decided it wasn't simultaneous possession, then we wouldn't have caught a last second hail mary and we'd have lost a tight game. Period. The national story today would have been about how our D put the smack down on one of the better offenses in the L, and you'd probably be hearing a bit more about some of the other shameful calls (and NON-calls) that went on during the game. Instead, this thing happens... so the refs (and that play) are the story. Not the Hawks. Not their fans. The refs. Keep your frustration aimed where it should be... Goodell, the lockout, and the replacements. You wanna try and put that on us as a city, as fans, or as a team... I think you just make yourself look foolish. Just like you look foolish if you say that other bad calls during the game couldn't also have influenced the outcome. Saying one did, but others didn't is just nonsense.

Seattle fans know our offense isn't potent. We see the deficiencies... but we also see the strengths. Like everybody else, we put our faith in what we have and hope for the best. Fact is though, that most of the country, especially the media around the country, doesn't ever give us the credit we deserve. As Cliff pointed out, we've been robbed in the past... in the biggest of games... by the "real" refs... and while a few people reported and acknowledged that, for the most part it went unsung too. And why? Because people love to refuse us any respect. I don't know why... but it's true. There's obviously no way to prove it, but I'd be willing to bet a TON of cash that had this call gone the other way... had it been a GB Hail Mary that won THEM the game last night, the story wouldn't have received even half of the media attention it's getting. Some of you that are spitting hate today were predicting an easy win for GB, and yet you don't bother asking yourself why we were within less than a TD of them in the final seconds. Or why they didn't bat down the pass like they should have. It's like a fighter letting a bout go to decision then complaining about the outcome. Don't let it be that close and you got nothing to worry about. Put yourself in a position to lose and you just might.
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-25-2012, 6:58 PM Reply   
What do the Cards hold next for the Hawks? Only the Rams and the Ref's know for sure.
Old    Cliff Griffin (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-25-2012, 7:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
What do the Cards hold next for the Hawks? Only the Rams and the Ref's know for sure.
You should be more worried about your Niners getting their a** es kicked again this week in NY and less concerned with the Hawks inevitable win against the Rams. I'ts going to be tough to swallow if they drop below Seattle in the division.
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-26-2012, 3:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle View Post
You should be more worried about your Niners getting their a** es kicked again this week in NY and less concerned with the Hawks inevitable win against the Rams. I'ts going to be tough to swallow if they drop below Seattle in the division.
You obviously don't pay attention. I have to worry about Cutler and Marshall on Monday.I just said the west would come down to 49ERS and Cardinals.Seahawks won't make the playoffs.
Old    Jason G (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       09-26-2012, 6:03 AM Reply   
Well, Im not a Seattle fan in the slightest. Of the two teams Im a bigger fan of the Packers, and even lost money. However, I think it was the right call, esp in context of this year. Replacement refs are not calling PI at the NFL level. They havent done so in any game, for any team, and receivers and DBs on all teams are beginning to manipulate it. I dont fault the players, they play whatever game the refs give them. Thats being a competitor. In that environment, any DB who would stop and turn his back to a reciever on a hail mary and not expect to get shoved in the back, is a fool. It wasnt even much of a shove to be honest, he just had his feet tangled up. The simultanious possession was technically correct, and due to rules of the endzone, it was the right call, even for bad refs. If anything, in this case, the rules of the endzone need to be adjusted to show proper possession. if this happens in the field of play, where down by contact rules apply, this is an INT. However, since its the endzone, the second you establish inbounds possession (even simultaneous possession) the play is technically dead. Every team in the league has been stung by the different style of judgement in the secondary. It may be crappy, but its consistently crappy, and thats a level playing field IMO.
Old    Nick Tomsyck (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-26-2012, 6:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
The simultanious possession
Right......


Old    Rich (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-26-2012, 7:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_ssr View Post
The simultanious possession was technically correct, and due to rules of the endzone, it was the right call, even for bad refs. If anything, in this case, the rules of the endzone need to be adjusted to show proper possession. if this happens in the field of play, where down by contact rules apply, this is an INT. However, since its the endzone, the second you establish inbounds possession (even simultaneous possession) the play is technically dead. Every team in the league has been stung by the different style of judgement in the secondary. It may be crappy, but its consistently crappy, and thats a level playing field IMO.
That is actually a very strong argument for the call. Especially when you look at this:
Attached Images
 
Old    Nick Tomsyck (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-26-2012, 7:09 AM Reply   
Fixed:
Old    Hate N Pain (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-26-2012, 12:23 PM Reply   
But I'm sure in that piocture Nick is certain that his guy has two hands on the ball.
Old    Hate N Pain (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-26-2012, 12:28 PM Reply   
How does this:
Quote:
What do the Cards hold next for the Hawks? Only the Rams and the Ref's know for sure.
equal this:
Quote:
I just said the west would come down to 49ERS and Cardinals.Seahawks won't make the playoffs.
I'm sure you're still a little bitter about the balls deep ass pounding your boys caught at the hands of the Hawks.
Old    Nick Tomsyck (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-26-2012, 12:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
But I'm sure in that piocture Nick is certain that his guy has two hands on the ball.
That picture, no way... can't see anything....that photo says nothing of the play, you cannot see the ball, for all we know it is shoved up Woodson's ass.
This picture on the other hand...seems pretty clear.
Old    Hate N Pain (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-26-2012, 1:33 PM Reply   
In the endzone the catch was already made. We may as well use this one.
Attached Images
 
Old    Brett Yates (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-26-2012, 1:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
That picture, no way... can't see anything....that photo says nothing of the play, you cannot see the ball, for all we know it is shoved up Woodson's ass.
This picture on the other hand...seems pretty clear.
You cant see Tate's other arm but it is between the ball and his chest there. The fact of the matter is that the simultanious catch call isn't as cut and dry as everybody is making it out to be. With the actual NFL refs I wouldn't be surprised if 3 to 5 out of 10 call it the way the replacement refs did.
Old    Hate N Pain (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-26-2012, 5:36 PM Reply   
PWNED BY THE LEGION OF BOOM!!


Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 9:28 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2012 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us