Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    LR3w8kbrdr            08-14-2012, 11:30 AM Reply   
Ok...so Im looking at adding an outdoor shower at my place. Not sure if I want it to just be a cold water rinse (sand, dirt, etc off me before entering house) or turn this puppy into a full blown hot/cold setup to where I can have a real shower.

If its hot/cold Im going to have to go with a tankless water heater and it will limit my creativeness with fixtures/design. Just not sure if I can handle a cold rinse in our brutally cold winters of FL.

Heres some ideas Ive been looking into...

Old     (Mahoney86)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-14-2012, 11:45 AM Reply   
Id go with Hot/Cold... Nothing better than a nice warm shower outside at the end of the day
Old     (norcalrider)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-14-2012, 2:09 PM Reply   
I like the last two and this one. Are you on the beach? Always found the foot level was nice when I was living in Newport Beach.

Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-15-2012, 1:52 PM Reply   
I like the floor that was posted by Mik. I'll never forget when we were at the beach one time and we used the shower. It was on a deck type floor like the ones in the earlier pics. My son was rinsing off and one of the larget black widows I had ever seen crawled over his foot. I then had to shower out my shorts.

I like the surfing motif. Maybe use an old wakeboard or skis for soap and shampoo shelves and a old wakeboard handle for a towel holder.
Old     (spridle)      Join Date: Sep 2009       08-19-2012, 9:36 PM Reply   
15g electric turned up to 130*
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-20-2012, 12:21 PM Reply   
The last one looks sweet imo
Old     (azeus17)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-21-2012, 8:18 AM Reply   
I have an outdoor shower at our place. It is definitely nice to have and we use it every day we are out...even just a head rinse after mowing the lawn. Ours is one temp...warm. The previous owner of the house put it in and I actually like how he did it. Because we are in Michigan, the pipes would obviously freeze if not winterized. To make this easy, they installed a mixing valve inside the house that does not move (hence the only one temp deal) and a shut off inside the house, then ran a single copper pipe to the exterior wall with a threaded fitting on it. They then ran a 3" PVC pipe underground to the shower and then up to ground level. In the summer, we run a plastic hose through the PVC and connect to the shower . In the winter we take it out, drain the system, and cap the PVC on both ends. Makes for an easy install and uninstall.