Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (johntool)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-24-2012, 5:57 PM Reply   
Hi guys, does anyone where to buy a Rope Winder? I cant seem to find them.Thanks in advance.
Old     (johntool)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-24-2012, 7:43 PM Reply   
Or a Ski Reel?
Old     (bschall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-25-2012, 12:35 AM Reply   
i was born with my two hands.. they wind the rope up flawlessly
Old     (johntool)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-25-2012, 2:51 AM Reply   
well done. good for you.
Old     (JoLo_Si)      Join Date: Oct 2011       07-25-2012, 4:41 AM Reply   
I think they stopped making it but call the guys at Performance. They would know if anybody does.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       07-25-2012, 7:08 AM Reply   
A mechanical unit to dispense the rope in and out on the fly? Or a storage method that is easier that manual winding - by easier I mean potentially less messy, I manually coil my rope, unwind it after every trip, it's served me well for 10 years with no fraying at all - Accurate Blue Jacket, love that rope!

If you're looking for an easier method, us an extension cord spool, or buy one of those old straightline carbon handles that had the bends in it so it doubled as a spool. I had one, it was a nice feature.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-25-2012, 7:10 AM Reply   
They sell them at west marine. I yelled enough about people not winding worth a crap that one of my buddies bought one.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       07-25-2012, 8:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamburell View Post
They sell them at west marine. I yelled enough about people not winding worth a crap that one of my buddies bought one.
What I tell people, and do myself is just pull the rope in and don't touch it, just pull it in straight to the floor, it doesn't have to coil, it'll leave as it came. Lots of people don't get that. At the end of the day, only me or my buddy touch the rope, and same goes for him, people don't get it.

Don't yell, just take charge - I as the driver of the boat am usually the first set of feet to hit the dock to hold the boat, why leave the gunwales of your boat up to the various levels of people and their level of being detail oriented and paying attention... just do it yourself.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-25-2012, 9:19 AM Reply   
I operate the same as delta. No one touches the rope but me or one other buddy. Rolling a rope is not hard, yet you'd tho k it was rocket science to some
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       07-25-2012, 9:33 AM Reply   
http://wakeboardingmag.com/product-s...14/ropewinder/

This?
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       07-25-2012, 9:33 AM Reply   
product website is down, appears they don't make them anymore.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-25-2012, 11:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Don't yell, just take charge
Have to let people learn or they'll never get it. And I don't literally yell I just speak in a volume that is a few db higher. The rope winder works though. As long as I don't have to get up off my butt 50 times a day its a great tool. Think it was like sub 15 bucks
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-25-2012, 2:11 PM Reply   
ive seen one of the motorized ones on the pics and stats of that aluminum boat of Pavati's. you could ask where they get theirs
http://www.pavati.com/wakeboarding_boat/
Old     (johntool)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-25-2012, 5:04 PM Reply   
Thanks for that, sent a few emails, I'll wait for replies. Cheers
Old     (JV)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-11-2013, 11:08 AM Reply   
John - I don't know if you are still looking for a rope re-coil device, but Gander Mountain Direct & Overtons has one called Re-Coil. They have product reviews posted with the product.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-11-2013, 2:05 PM Reply   
Call Texas Tige and ask for Brandon. They are the guys who used to make the skireel years ago. If anyone has one, I bet they do. (936) 447-8443
Old     (k59)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-11-2013, 5:43 PM Reply   
I had a broken one on my boat when I both it. Couldn't figure out how to get it working. After quite a bit of Internet research (on RopeWinder), turns out *everyone* had problems with them breaking down and costing money to fix and breaking down again and again, I finally took off that piece of junk.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-11-2013, 6:10 PM Reply   
Guys coil it like a climbing rope! Its easy and tidy.... Something very similar to what this guy does with his rope.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6CUf6XTEFs

Just pull it off the tower and reel it in as you coil. if you do it well it will be pre-flaked and wont come out twisted or tangled next time you use it. I deal with 60 meter (~200ft) ropes alot
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-11-2013, 9:24 PM Reply   
I have a sneaking suspicion that we're over thinking things here.