I was just thinking about how much I love wakeboarding and how this site has contributed to that love. If anyone has benefited from Wakeworld it has been me, I have use and abused this site to its fullest over the last six or seven years. This got me to thinking about all the people who I should thank that I probably haven't...
First, thanks to David Williams!
Thanks to Wakeworld!
Thanks to Correct Craft and the Golden Calf, my 2006 SANSE 210
Thanks to my dealer, Century Marine
Thanks to my boss for letting me take Saturdays off!
and most important, thanks to all my friends - past, present, and future!
Everyone has had a huge impact on my life and happiness... and I am sorry if I put you through any BS, I know I probably have. Thanks for putting up with me.
When I tell people that I have spent 95% of all my Saturdays over the last seven years at the lake wakeboarding and having fun, people ask what I like so much about wakeboarding. They can't imagine why I would like it so much, especially after they see or hear about
- shattering my leg
- my deformed, completely smashed finger
- dislocating my knee
- the medical bills and all the surgeries
- the boat drama, repairs, and associated boat costs
- the time spent on maintenance
- the time spent planning and the disappointment of people not showing up when they say they will
- blowing up transmissions in my truck and all other truck maintenance
- finding someone's underwear in the backseat of the truck that I don't even know, not mention all the other trash they left behind
- finally getting to the lake only to have it blown out with white-caps
- having Johnny Law continually pulling us over for "Safety Checks" (they are really just checking out the ladies on the boat)
- buying and breaking tons of gear
- and many, many other things that I can't remember...
They just can't figure it out.
To me nothing is better than that last set on glass, right before dawn, after all the other boats have gone home, landing a trick that I have been working on all summer, and mostly, just spending time with my buddies! It doesn't get any better than that, at least for me!