Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    Logan Downer (logan)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-18-2012, 10:24 AM Reply   
It's that time of year again... My birthday. Camping trip to Lake McClure with my soon to be Mrs. and my best friends. Bringing my 13 year old brother along on this trip, time to start breaking him in for the years ahead. (No he won't be drinking, but he will be fetching my beers.) So the wait is getting annoying as the trip is next friday. My family and my fiance's family are celebrating my birthday a week from today. I already know that there is a pair of 2012 Slingshot RADs waiting for me, they have been for about 2 weeks! (I ordered them, Slingshot hooked it up 20% off wholesale). To make matters worse, my little brother has gotten stoked on riding and just sold his Ronix setup to his friend and bought a Slingshot Choice 137 w/ Slingshot Option boots. So now I want to teach him a bunch of cool stuff on a board, and ride my boots. I've been getting the bug to bust out the Integrity skate some, too. So basically I have a big itch to ride and camp and I am annoyed of waiting.

To make matters worse, here is the grocery list:

1.5 liter Makers mark
1.5 Skyy Vodka
12 Pk Newcastle Brown Ale
30 Pk Miller Light (it's always Miller Time)
Bacon

Can it just be next friday already?

(Pointless, stupid thread I know. But I'm off work today bored as can be and want to go already... let it slide)
Attached Images

Old    Miguel (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-18-2012, 10:37 AM Reply   
hahaha - that reminds me of my college trips to Shasta when my personal grocery list was

2 cans of Busch Beans
3 cans of Dinty Moore
1 handle of Jim Beam
1 2 litre bottle of Coke.
Old    Logan Downer (logan)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-18-2012, 10:41 AM Reply   
holy shnikes how i did i forget about dinty moore! and also i will need Coke, probably in cans though so the teeny bopper has something to drink.
Old    Justin (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-18-2012, 10:52 AM Reply   
How long is this trip, just a weekend? How far is the lake/campground from you?

Keep yourself busy and it will be here before you know it. Happy early bday!
Old    Mark V (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-18-2012, 10:55 AM Reply   
Pizza's over a campfire always work and don't forget the vodka redbulls.
Old    Stuey (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-18-2012, 11:06 AM Reply   
Hahaha... love the grocery list. Booze... then just bacon.

McClure is awesome. Enjoy the trip and may your weekend be filled with butter!!
Old    Nauti 210 (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       04-18-2012, 11:08 AM Reply   
haha legit grocery lists fellas.
Old    Logan Downer (logan)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-18-2012, 12:31 PM Reply   
newmy79, the lake is probably 2 hours from my place. Arriving friday and getting kicked out on sunday. Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Can't wait, we're taking out my 03 SAN 210, bringing a few sacks in case we're riding half decent and want more weight. Going to ride another 5 feet back and closer to 27 mph this time around, the Lyman board loves speed!
Old    Justin (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-18-2012, 12:47 PM Reply   
Ah ok then. You need more beer! . Enjoy!
Old    Logan Downer (logan)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-18-2012, 12:48 PM Reply   
the others can bring their own, I'm worried about my damn self! haha
Old    Andrew"Jet"Mitchell (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-23-2012, 8:45 AM Reply   
Patients grasshoppa'...you dont ride the board..the board rides you??
Old    Scott T (thescott)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-23-2012, 9:32 AM Reply   
Heading up there this weekend too - camping out of Horseshoe Bend. Have fun out there!
Old    Logan Downer (logan)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-23-2012, 7:10 PM Reply   
We'll be there, too. Party on!