Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Greg2223)      Join Date: Dec 2011       03-22-2012, 11:19 AM Reply   
In my communications class I have to give an informative speech next week, so figure I would do it on wakeboarding. Has to be 4min long and describe 2-3 subtopics. I was thinking about just bringing in my setup and talk about the base, shape and bindings? maybe throw in some wakeboarding history in there. Anybody ever do an informative speech on wakeboarding? Of course I waited until the last minute but any ideas would be helpful! thanks
Old    kx250frider617            03-22-2012, 12:06 PM Reply   
Powerpoint with pictures and vids would help. some people have no idea what wake boarding is so it'll make it easier for you to talk.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-22-2012, 5:02 PM Reply   
You can fill time discussing the different types; boat, cable, two-tower, winch. Video would help a lot with those.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-22-2012, 6:23 PM Reply   
I would do
Wakeboarding:
Boat
Cable
Winch

... photos and vids if its allowed.

EDIT - David said what I said, better and quicker,
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-22-2012, 8:01 PM Reply   
I really enjoy the Ignite format of presentations and SlideRocket is a great ressource for doing them. Set the time of each slide to 10 seconds and have them roll by automatically. It keeps things moving quickly and requires a bit of practice. They are fun though. You can find the odd video on youtube for an example.
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-22-2012, 8:22 PM Reply   
or use presi, powerpoint is death
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-22-2012, 9:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hco View Post
or use presi, powerpoint is death
Presi can be really cool when it's done well.

Last edited by lives2wake; 03-22-2012 at 9:16 PM. Reason: oopd