Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-16-2011, 7:25 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=9TMibzv_Smg
If this has already been posted here sorry.I have not seen it before. CRAZY!

Last edited by kko13; 12-16-2011 at 7:34 PM.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-16-2011, 7:50 PM Reply   
I would bet money that somebody is hiding in the rear storage locker!
Old     (AC4life)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-16-2011, 8:47 PM Reply   
ya man, if that is legit..that is CRAZY!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-16-2011, 9:07 PM Reply   
Im with David, But I know it will not be long B4 some one does a Video that show's all the hatches open so you can see no one is hidden away if this video was not real it wont be long before its fully Legit!
TRUST ME People are STUPID, While looking at that video I saw 3 other Ghost Rider Videos wake Surf Videos.

How Long till we see Ghost Ride go's Wrong on TOSH.O

God for Christmas Please Grant my wish and Kill all the stupid people! Amen
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-16-2011, 9:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Im with David, But I know it will not be long B4 some one does a Video that show's all the hatches open so you can see no one is hidden away if this video was not real it wont be long before its fully Legit!
TRUST ME People are STUPID, While looking at that video I saw 3 other Ghost Rider Videos wake Surf Videos.

How Long till we see Ghost Ride go's Wrong on TOSH.O

God for Christmas Please Grant my wish and Kill all the stupid people! Amen
Grant, that is sick and twisted.

Bye the way, I feel the same way.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-16-2011, 10:12 PM Reply   
All these videos don't help our cause, but if that is real that is one crazy stupid *&%$.......
Old     (txmxer)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-16-2011, 11:03 PM Reply   
He should get fined to the point where he cant afford to have the wakesetter anymore. Thats just stupid. What if another boat just came up and lost their rider and the boat was headed straight for that rider? Thats a good way to get someone hurt or killed. I wouldnt want to risk that 1% chance of something going wrong if I was incredibly confident in my riding, though in this case its way bigger than 1%.
Old     (asdfgboy)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-17-2011, 2:01 AM Reply   
No problem bro. Just be happy with what you are posting
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-17-2011, 4:05 AM Reply   
My mama always said Stupid is as Stupid does.
Old     (slowwwflowww)      Join Date: Mar 2011       12-17-2011, 5:27 AM Reply   
Jackass .If he thinks he's cool ,he's a f@#@ing fool.I can't stand stupidity,especially on that level.Think of how wrong that could go a$$@#@e!!!!!!!!
Old     (slowwwflowww)      Join Date: Mar 2011       12-17-2011, 5:31 AM Reply   
Excuse my language.
Old     (RedRum)      Join Date: Nov 2010       12-17-2011, 8:31 AM Reply   
I was hoping that the video would end with him running a $70k boat aground.
Old     (Fourspeednup)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-17-2011, 8:50 AM Reply   
That guy needs 2 things:

1) More weight
2) Vinyl Sauce for the dirty interior lol

It's basic knowledge that proper ghost riding technique requires a clean platform to perform said ghost ride.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-17-2011, 10:13 AM Reply   
I did notice 2 open beers on the table. But that's not a smoking bullet. IMO typical bud light drinker (opened empty beers everywhere) not in the trash.
Lol lol. I'm just surprised he is not blasting hip hop threw a pair of 485's
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-17-2011, 10:35 AM Reply   
Two beers, two wakeboards in the board racks and the latches on the storage compartment don't look latched (although it's hard to tell). Busted!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-17-2011, 3:16 PM Reply   
No ones that stupid. There has to be a person hiding just as you guys said.
Old     (UNvisible)      Join Date: May 2010       12-17-2011, 3:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
No ones that stupid. There has to be a person hiding just as you guys said.
Have you been outside recently?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-17-2011, 4:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
No ones that stupid.
I wish you were correct!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ20w...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ULrarTl9LQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2l46v9UhRw
Old     (slowwwflowww)      Join Date: Mar 2011       12-17-2011, 5:35 PM Reply   
Just a matter of time! Sooo this is illegal and these tools are posting this online?Just like i thought,out of touch with reality!!Wonder how they'd feel if they hurt or killed someone.So this is adressed to those bumbling rejects"stop the madness and stop posting vids that'll surely inspire further idiotic attempts!!!!!
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-17-2011, 6:38 PM Reply   
NOT impressed what so ever
Daddy needs to take his boat back before he regrets
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       12-17-2011, 7:16 PM Reply   
I think you catch a glimpse of the other rider at the 36 second mark. This was noted by a guy on the Malibucrew. I think you can barely see the forehead and hair behind the guy with the camera.

Regardless, the entire concept is foolish, to put it mildly.
Attached Images

Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       12-18-2011, 8:32 AM Reply   
I just can't believe people document it on film,it will make nice evidence for the plaintiff's lawyer when they do kill or seriously injure someone.
Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       12-19-2011, 10:21 AM Reply   
just stupid,
some people are really board
Old     (Wiatowski)      Join Date: Aug 2011       12-19-2011, 7:58 PM Reply   
Second video G posted you can see the shadow of the person steering on the seat..... That being said these people obviously have no regard for people or their things. I would kill to have a nice wakeboat, and these morons treat it as nothing. Some people have more money than brains I guess.
Old     (asdfgboy)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-20-2011, 9:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
just stupid,
some people are really board
I agree with you bro. Thats right
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-20-2011, 1:36 PM Reply   
I guess this is just the parent in me coming out...but I can't imagine what I would do if some idiot did this and it some how ended up causing harm to either of my sons. I just don't think I'd be able to control myself. Even if there was someone in the hatch, its still extremely irresponsible. It never ceases to amaze me how rarely people consider ALL the consequences of their actions.
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       12-21-2011, 3:05 PM Reply   
Crazy! I just saw a ghostrider video on Tosh.O - jeez. This knucklehead was doing it with his subaru race car, and he lost it...

These guys are nuts!
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       12-21-2011, 8:32 PM Reply   
I think it is funny that people are getting heated over this video. Let's get real folks, someone else was there incase the guy fell no doubt. Great video, I like the mystery and the drama it caused.
Old     (humboldt9)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-21-2011, 9:42 PM Reply   
Lame... I don't get the point, or the thrill.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-22-2011, 11:54 AM Reply   
I bet most of these are a good nature hoax but you never know who may do it for real just to say they did it.

About 25 years ago while in college I watched a very accomplished barefooter driving his boat solo while holding the wheel and footing outside the boat. I also saw him backwards barefooting in front of a stand up type jetski he was driving. He ran into a dock but was OK. While footing on my boom I thought he would pull it off the boat. He was amazingly nuts. He died many years later in a scuba diving accident.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-22-2011, 12:30 PM Reply   
(Full Speed) I agree with you. People getting all worked up and making threats about doing things to people IF they caught them doing stupid and hurting their Kid's!
Im guessing these people have never done anything reckless like driving fast or texing and driving ect/ to put others peoples kids or family in danger. All is I can say its good to know that their are a few SAINTS still out there.
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-22-2011, 1:54 PM Reply   
I am not getting all worked up about this or not really making any threats, I realize I came off that way. I just posted my reaction to that video. I thought what they did was dumb and didn't see the point in doing it. Its just my opinion.

Since Ive had kids, I've become a little over protective and i know it. G and Fullspeed, I'm guessing you don't have kids, and that's ok, but you might think differently when or if you do (ie watch people possibly put the public in harms way to shoot a "cool" video). On my particular lake, there is no vacant land so if something goes wrong, someone or something is going to get run in to. I guess I was just thinking about my situation on my lake. Perhaps I am in the wrong to make general assumptions, but would you want this guy doing that I front of your house with your boat outside or (more importantly) your kids playing on the beach? I'm guessing not, once again though, maybe I am wrong.

I do not text while driving and have never recklessly driven. I do not consciously put people in harms way the way this guy did. He shot this video purposely to show that he is super cool because he did. It's what people are responding to..."is he going to be able to do it / what happens if he can't." If he really just wanted to show that he could surf from and up to the platform he could have done just that. If he just wanted to show what a super confident wake surfer he was, there are other ways.

I'm not trying to stir the pot any more, just explaining my point of view.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-22-2011, 2:01 PM Reply   
The video is a fake and different versions of it have been done for years. I remember seeing a version of this in the early 80's at either Seaworld or Cypress Gardens with big laughs when the hidden driver stood up. Every kid should make one of these.
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       12-23-2011, 9:09 AM Reply   
Poor guy, too old to be trying that hard to be cool.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-28-2011, 12:50 PM Reply   
what a terrible wake
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-28-2011, 9:51 PM Reply   
Mike K said it perfectly...