Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-12-2012, 10:08 AM Reply   
Get some better pics please.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-12-2012, 2:49 PM Reply   
Most of the components are proven; engines, transmission, hardware, windshields, vinyl, electronics, batteries and aluminum boats are nothing new. An aluminum battleship with bolt on components should last forever. How will it sell if the wake blows away the competition?
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-12-2012, 4:19 PM Reply   
Does that tower fold down or is permanently up all the time? Hopefully they made it stowable, this would increase there potential buyer pool, especially for people who store there boats in a standard garage. I like the boat, but as others mentioned the rear transom might need a little more thought. Wish someone had some more pictures of the interior and exterior shots. Simple is always nice, does anyone have the weight of the boat without trailer? will also be nice to see what the wake is like on it.

Hats off to Pavati for starting a new build concept, especially in a saturated wakeboard boat market. I hope they are successful and get some of these out on the water this season. I agree with Tim (srock) this boat will last decades.... I wonder what they are using to spray it with for paint? That would be my only concern, but the core of the boat should go forever.

Last edited by fman; 01-12-2012 at 4:24 PM.
Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-12-2012, 6:46 PM Reply   
without passing judgment on the transom seating, i would suggest a thorough investigation in to the legality and/or liability of making that seat available and appealing while the boat is under way from a local jurisdiction and USCG perspective.

i know that Sessions had skybox seating on the sundeck and the X25 has flip up bolsters on the sundeck. that being said i have been issued a $300 citation for a person sitting on the sundeck while under way. technically, the citation was for "reckless endangerment" of said passenger.

i would imaging their lawyers have already explored this...but might be worth a permanently affixed warning sticker that attempts to absolve them of responsibility for stoooopid consumer's actions....
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-13-2012, 7:23 PM Reply   
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-13-2012, 7:36 PM Reply   
Just got back from the show and was not impressed with the craftsmanship.The welds were less than desirable and the fit and finish was horrible.
Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-13-2012, 7:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by h20king View Post
Just got back from the show and was not impressed with the craftsmanship.The welds were less than desirable and the fit and finish was horrible.
i believe you didnt like it, that i will not dispute. but in an effort to move your comment from purely subjective to objective, what metrics, testing and credentials did you use to arrive at the conclusion "The welds were less than desireable...?" Or should we just just assume those comments to be gospel?
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-13-2012, 8:25 PM Reply   
id run this boat, i think it looks sikk
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-13-2012, 10:02 PM Reply   
Yep, I think it looks sexy
Old     (816)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-13-2012, 10:08 PM Reply   
It looks like a really nice boat, but from their own website they make it sound more like a ski boat with virtually no weight, and no wake( for skiers). It would be nice to pull that aluminum boat and trailer out at the ramp with the wifes car. At 100k I would much rather put my money in a boat company that has already proven themselves to be a leader in the industry. A video of a wake would also be a plus for consumers. This boat company will never make it without a more affordable boat or a big wake video.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-14-2012, 7:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc_worm View Post
i believe you didn't like it, that i will not dispute. but in an effort to move your comment from purely subjective to objective, what metrics, testing and credentials did you use to arrive at the conclusion "The welds were less than desireable...?" Or should we just just assume those comments to be gospel?
Worm i have worked as a weld inspector and make my living as a high dollar pipe fitter and welder and have done so for the last 22 years.I think that more than qualifies me to make the statement the welds are less than desirable.The boat is cool but is a 20 footer.What I mean by that is looks good from 20 feet but get up close and you quickly start seeing the flaws
Old     (816)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-14-2012, 10:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Worm i have worked as a weld inspector and make my living as a high dollar pipe fitter and welder and have done so for the last 22 years.I think that more than qualifies me to make the statement the welds are less than desirable.The boat is cool but is a 20 footer.What I mean by that is looks good from 20 feet but get up close and you quickly start seeing the flaws
Ouch!!! Nuff said.
Old     (816)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-14-2012, 10:17 AM Reply   
Maybe next time read a guys profile before questioning his judgement...
Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-14-2012, 4:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 816 View Post
Ouch!!! Nuff said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 816 View Post
Maybe next time read a guys profile before questioning his judgement...
Wow. An intelligent and insightful response. If I had the time to uber geek every ones profile on this forum and others, then maybe I could internet slam people like you just did me. Congratulations, you just won at posting on interweb threads on WW and it took you two separate posts to do so. Dork. ***insert my self validating emoticon here***
Quote:
Thanks for the insight. I am a moderately experienced steel welder and not aluminum (although not even on the same plane as you). Their definitely is as much art as science when it comes to laying down effective beads, from my comparatively limited experience. I don’t purport to be an export, so I ask questions. Your adult response to my adult query regarding your credentials is how we can attempt to validate information on the web. Otherwise we will all have to ask Ben to decipher other people’s profiles to help us figure out which comments are of value and which ones are drivel…. *** insert my warm and fuzzy emoticon here***

Last edited by tdc_worm; 01-14-2012 at 4:29 PM.
Old    Nick911            01-14-2012, 6:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Wow. An intelligent and insightful response. If I had the time to uber geek every ones profile on this forum and others, then maybe I could internet slam people like you just did me. Congratulations, you just won at posting on interweb threads on WW and it took you two separate posts to do so. Dork. ***insert my self validating emoticon here***

Thanks for the insight. I am a moderately experienced steel welder and not aluminum (although not even on the same plane as you). Their definitely is as much art as science when it comes to laying down effective beads, from my comparatively limited experience. I don’t purport to be an export, so I ask questions. Your adult response to my adult query regarding your credentials is how we can attempt to validate information on the web. Otherwise we will all have to ask Ben to decipher other people’s profiles to help us figure out which comments are of value and which ones are drivel…. *** insert my warm and fuzzy emoticon here***
Old     (AC4life)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-14-2012, 7:10 PM Reply   
I think it looks like a pretty cool boat. Be interesting to hear from some people once they have had first hand experience with it! But in the pics from a distance it looks pretty sweet!
Old     (816)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-14-2012, 8:25 PM Reply   
Quote:

Sorry if my post came off as being a internet slammer, I was laughing with your first post questioning his credentials, then laughed even harder when I read his profile, it just seemed funny to me that you questioned his judgements about welds on a $100k boat when the guy welds for a living.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-14-2012, 9:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick911 View Post
was this the only motivational poster you studied in your motivational posters course for your MBA?
Old    Nick911            01-14-2012, 9:56 PM Reply   
Yes it was, it was a low budget MBA, all those other fancy ones are overpriced.

Last edited by Nick911; 01-14-2012 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Too harsh...
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-14-2012, 10:05 PM Reply   
maybe one of us should contact the company and take a test pull?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-14-2012, 10:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yes it was, it was a low budget MBA, all those other fancy ones are overpriced.
Old    Nick911            01-14-2012, 11:19 PM Reply   
I thought about a more expensive MBA at a real school but then you are just paying for the name. Wharton, Harvard Business, all overpriced. After all, a MBA is a MBA. Wharton, Harvard, so overpriced, they are pricing themselves out of the market.
Old     (JoLo_Si)      Join Date: Oct 2011       01-16-2012, 10:57 AM Reply   
Lake test! If the wake sucks then all this is moot.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-17-2012, 10:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
I thought about a more expensive MBA at a real school but then you are just paying for the name. Wharton, Harvard Business, all overpriced. After all, a MBA is a MBA. Wharton, Harvard, so overpriced, they are pricing themselves out of the market.
The "overpriced" MBA would have paid you back over time...

The "overpriced" boat will not...

Enjoy your MC, if it's even real (still not pics).
Old     (H2o_addict)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-18-2012, 3:28 PM Reply   
Hey guys- down in Sac right now at another show. Wanted to thank all the wakeworld guys who stopped by the PAVATI booth and checked out the new boat. We had a great show, got TONS of positive response, and setup a bunch of demo's in the P-Town area. Sign up on PAVATI's site for Demo dates in your area and updates. The boat is touring shows for a couple more weeks then more pics/videos will be taken (interior, wake size, wake shape, Surf wave, ect) I know you will be impressed it will be worth the wait so please be patient!
Old     (norcalrider)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-23-2012, 10:18 AM Reply   
I went to the Sportsman's expo in Sacramento this weekend and didn't see this boat there... They did have some sturdy drift boats.
Old     (H2o_addict)      Join Date: Dec 2011       06-12-2012, 8:53 AM Reply   
Alright guys- took forever but finally got the boat out on an ok day and took some pics of the wake. go to http://www.pavati.com/wakeboarding_boat/ and watch the slideshow. The 2nd pic that comes up is the surf wake, number 4 is the wakeboard wake. All stock ballast- stock boat- myself and one other guy. I know with some added bags we could get even bigger but anyone who looks at these pics must admit the stock wake is killer. I would like anyone who is close or wants to take a ride to please give me a call- come see for yourself. I am trying to figure out how to post the pics on here from the website but no luck yet.

Pricing on these boats are competitive with the big glass guys plus you get to custom order the boat to your specs. We don't have any molds so we can change up about anything on the boat - transom, seating, tower ect. Give us a call for more info or questions! Thanks! -Chuck
Old     (kamighazi)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-12-2012, 9:02 AM Reply   
dude, the geek in me has to say this. You severely broke one of the first cardinal rules in web development. NEVER EVER under any circumstances have music playing for no apparent reason that cannot be turned off. your visitors will be far more annoyed and busy trying to turn it off.

if you want music put it in a video, and DONT start playing it on page load.

cool boat though

Last edited by kamighazi; 06-12-2012 at 9:05 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-12-2012, 9:06 AM Reply   
Thats awesome. Thanks for producing something that doesn't fit the mold.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-12-2012, 9:09 AM Reply   
Very cool. Wakeboard wake looks excellent.
Old     (H2o_addict)      Join Date: Dec 2011       06-12-2012, 9:11 AM Reply   

Stock wake- me and one other guy- no added bags/ballast. Took the pic's with my iphone. We have a scheduled photo shoot coming up so I will get you guys some pro shot video and photos with some riders soon. Anybody in the southern Oregon area who wants to come take a spin let me know...
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-12-2012, 9:11 AM Reply   
Ben - Hahahaha I completely agree with the music thing. I clicked on the link and all of a sudden this crazy music starts blairing. I had to close the page, mute my computer, and then reload it. It was so loud my secretary stuck her head in my office with raised eyebrows.

BTW, the boat looks much better with an interior in it. A few observations: (1) lose the skulls; (2) put labels on your toggle switches before you put out final promotional photos; (3) the wake and wave lood good; (4) the bow cushions look pretty crazy. I'd be scared that someone might fall out. There's not much of a seatback for people sitting in the nose; (5) the fake teake stuff looks good; (6) are swivel racks an option?; (6) what motors are you guys running?
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-12-2012, 9:25 AM Reply   
Looking good. Cool watching the progress. If you ever get up to Portland, drop me a line and I will help arrange a group of guys to come hang out and pull a few soldiers. We also have a photographer buddy in the group if you are looking for any professional pics. Let me know and I can hook you up with him.
Old     (muurph84)      Join Date: May 2010       06-12-2012, 9:34 AM Reply   
yeah the bow really looks scary! I don't see any grab bars anywhere (i know my kids wouldn't be riding in the front!) I do think it looks pretty cool on the water though! hope they take off, and do well as competition only makes things better
Old     (H2o_addict)      Join Date: Dec 2011       06-12-2012, 9:48 AM Reply   
Haha- ya skulls aren't for everybody. We have two heated down draft paint-booths in house with badass painters to go with them so whatever you want on your boat it will have. That's all free hand airbrush work on that boat- no stickers.

-I need to update the dash pics as well as a bunch more- so "coming soon" on those.
-The Bow area does need higher cushions towards the front and the next one will have them. It's funny how something looks so good on the computer but when your sitting in it it just isn't.
The fake teak stuff IS cool. It's the same stuff that's on the ski deck and sure feels good on bare feet.
-Swivel racks are no problem- we can do anything.
-Motors are the same as everything else- you decide. We aren't locked into a contract with any one motor company so we can customize the motor to the boat with no worries. Because we don't have a huge dealer network setup yet we are selling direct- that allows us to really get creative with the custom stuff. We can do about anything you can dream up- Plus, Even though Aluminum is more expensive than fiberglass, because your buying direct you save over 20%. We are trying very hard to be competitive with the big glass guys.

Oh, and the tower does fold- I have gotten that question a bunch. I will put that on the list of pics I need to get.
Old     (H2o_addict)      Join Date: Dec 2011       06-12-2012, 9:51 AM Reply   
I will make a trip up to P-town for sure. Let me know when a good time is and let's set it up- it's only a few hours from the factory. I'm headed down south to So Cal soon as well if anyone wants to check it out in person down there. I will do an email blast when I'm headed out to anyone who is signed up so please sign up on the website if you are interested and get a free minute.
Old     (H2o_addict)      Join Date: Dec 2011       06-12-2012, 9:59 AM Reply   

Surf Wake isn't too shabby either...
Old     (b33nine)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-12-2012, 10:26 AM Reply   
If you come by the Salem area I'd love to check this thing out, definitely different. Buddy and I ride around there on a pretty secluded spot.
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-12-2012, 6:33 PM Reply   
Where is this secluded spot you speak of?
Old     (b33nine)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-12-2012, 8:43 PM Reply   
My buddy introduced me to the spot, so I can't really offer the location up to others as it's really his stomping grounds and he graciously let me know about it. Just know that we get nice smooth water pretty frequently. Somewhat sketchy area though, if you're not familiar with the lay of the land you can definitely screw up your boat.

You in the Dallas area?
Old     (Iceberg)      Join Date: Dec 2011       06-13-2012, 7:23 AM Reply   
Nice job!

I have always wondered why someone didn't produce an aluminum boat like this before. I was impressed with the specs of the hull. I built an all aluminum 16' trailer and I only used 3/16" sheets for the decking. The tensile PSI is off the clock for denting it. You could take a 12 lb sledgehammer to it and you would barely see a mark. Try that with fibreglass! The lakes that I frequent have rocks everywhere. Unless you fix your own gelcoat, every nick is $100 or more. How many people have suffered dock knocks, trailer or road-stone damage?

The bow is the only area where I would get away from the trend to go lower like some other ski/wakeboats. Raise the bow 6-8". It will not change the look very much but will make the boat more user friendly for rough water and give more protection, or a feeling of security, to anyone sitting in the bow.

The wakes look very good! BZ!
Old     (H2o_addict)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-12-2012, 10:30 AM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J4doNyWlAs
Old     (brazosfreak05)      Join Date: May 2009       09-12-2012, 10:43 AM Reply   
"Fully Welded"

Well no **** sherlock! Dont need a boat that sinks.
Old     (H2o_addict)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-12-2012, 11:21 AM Reply   
sheesh! -as opposed to "stitch welded", "riveted & siliconed", ect.
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-12-2012, 6:08 PM Reply   
I think it looks awesome. It's nice to see a smaller company trying to make something really different. Nice work!
Old     (zzzjtwzzz)      Join Date: Nov 2013       11-22-2013, 5:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Can you go into more detail on your original comment regarding the "fit and finish". Do you think it’s a result of the boat being an initial design with seats, trim, and etc. being cut by hand vs a CAD designed and cut components?
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       11-23-2013, 5:14 AM Reply   
yep I had a chance to surf the boat at last years polar bear. I think the fit and finish was a result of pavati trying to finish the boat quickly in time for all the boat shows. I spent some time Talking with Chuck and am sure a production Pavati would be money