Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-02-2011, 9:01 PM Reply   
Thought some of you may be interested in the current project. HKI threw me into building a 200 yard Mac truck in an AR-15 platform.

8.58 SOCOM-

450 Bushmaster chopped and necked to a .338-
300 grain@200 is hitting with 2574ft lbs.
Plugging in ballistics data the cartridge looks very promising for its intended purpose, but I'll begin live fire testing probably Thursday.

Brass forming process.
Attached Images

Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-03-2011, 10:10 AM Reply   
300 grain.... youch~! That's a biggun. Cool... Maybe I need another upper. Heh, heh, heh.
Old    SamIngram            10-03-2011, 10:34 AM Reply   
Why? How does this compare to

.458 SOCOM
.450 Bushmaster
.50 Alaskan
.50 Hush Puppy

It seems like we already have a ton of heavy hitters in the AR-15 platform? Why do you want another wildcat? Obviously the bullet is smaller, and will go faster, but why do you want that? Hasn't that wheel already been made? Don't we already have the 8mm-.338?
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-03-2011, 6:45 PM Reply   
Sam, first of all you should answer your private messages.

Why? I don't know... I just do what I'm paid to do. They tell me what they want/need/expect and I make it happen if possible. They did mention something about reducing projectile deflection on glass penetration.
Old    SamIngram            10-04-2011, 9:11 AM Reply   
Barry,
Sorry, I have never been able to access my PM's on this site. I either have my Chrome settings wrong or am doing something wrong... it says I have 31 messages, but I can't open any of them...

you can email me brearlymason at ymail dot com if you want.