Articles
   
       
       
Pics/Video
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    Kevin (Toofast22)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-04-2011, 1:54 PM Reply   
Hey guys,

I'm Kevin, I'm new to the forums. I'm from IL but I got a place up in northern WI and I also go to college in Indiana. I've been wakeboarding for the last 2 years when I could in the summer. I've gotten really good at the basics in my opinion but I've never been able to experience a boat consistently that provided a good wake to wake jump. I learned behind a waverunner and fishing boat. I consistently ride behind the fishing boat which is my dad's. I was wondering what boat upgrade I should get into next? My range is probably 15K-20K and I'm not willing to take out a loan at the moment. I see all kinds of different recommendations from previous years about older Moomba outback ls's, mastercraft prostar 205v, nautique super air, etc. I want to hear some opinions though on my case and what people currently think about those selections from older posts. I'm not looking for some prize boat, I just want one that will get the job done with the wake and have the ability to be made better if I actually get to that level.

I ride on a 2010 Liquid Force Trip with Index bindings and have the liquid force team combo for handle and line. I was also wondering equipment wise if I'm missing anything?

I love wakeboarding and it has gotten to a point where its like an obsession to me. I'm ordering videos and always looking at boats online. When I actually get out there and do it I feel like I can't push myself to new limits due to not having the proper boat and it just feels ****ty. I can't get any air what so ever off of our fishing boat. I see other people out on the lake though with Tige's or Moomba outback LSV's just riding with their little kids behind it not even using it to its potential. It is depressing for me. No one on the lake seems to be my age either (in college) so I can't really go out and make friends with people who have those kinds of boats. That basically leaves me with buying a boat so your advice is greatly appreciated.
Old    Stan Tanner (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-05-2011, 4:37 AM Reply   
Yeah most likely you aren't going to find someone your age with those type of boats since most college age guys aren't going to have the money for that. Don't get hung up on the age thing though it's about loving to wakeboard. I'm 37 and regularly ride with people from 23-45. Usually the guys I ride with most are younger than me since they have the time and drive to do it. If you are nice and have a good attitude you can probably get a pull with someone older that has a nice boat. Be willing to help with boat cleanup and gas cash if you do get an invite and if their are kids out try to be respectful and watch the language. I have a 5 1/2 year old daughter that comes out with me and the guys sometimes. She kneeboards but I don't feel that is wasting my boat's potential. Everyone has to learn somewhere.

As far as boats go, yeah the older Supersport Nautiques and 205v are going to be great boats that you'll probably never out grown. You could also get a older direct drive and keep if for a few years then upgrade and probably not loose much money if you find the right deal. I think I learned almost every trick I have behind a I/O or direct drive. It's more technique on the basic spins and inverts than it is wake.
Old    Preston Schenkel (Prestoooooo)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-05-2011, 5:48 AM Reply   
What school do you go to in IN? I'm at IU and we have a ski/wakeboard club that goes out all the time. I also know that Purdue and Ball State have clubs that do the same as well. Here at IU we have Centurion ski boat with a tower, the wakes no the largest but it gets the job done. If you go to any of these schools you should look into their clubs so you can get some quality ride time in while you're at school.
Old    Kevin (Toofast22)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-05-2011, 8:04 AM Reply   
Yeah Stan I know about the age its just I dont got the best family history. im in real good shape now but I dont think it will last till my 30s but ill try haha. I didnt mean all older guys with boats dont use them to their potential I was specifically talking about people on my lake that I have never seen wakeboard on them. I am pretty outgoing but just havent had the opportunity to meet someone with a nice boat. Do you know what exact years are best cor the 205 and older nautiques?

Preston I go to school at Purdue and i will be joining the wakeboard club.
Old    Mark V (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-05-2011, 10:30 AM Reply   
Not to be a hater but what you think their potential is and what the owner thinks might be two completely different things. I have a 02 Moomba LSV and we lounge and party just as much as we board I have no problem with anybody in a boat as long as there is respect amongst each other.
Old    Nick Tomsyck (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-05-2011, 10:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
My range is probably 15K-20K and I'm not willing to take out a loan at the moment. I see all kinds of different recommendations from previous years about older Moomba outback ls's, mastercraft prostar 205v, nautique super air, etc.
I've got a Nautique Supersport / Super Air for sale right in that range... and I'm in Wisconsin
Nick
715-213-4240 -- if you're interested
Old    Kevin (Toofast22)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-05-2011, 11:49 AM Reply   
Mark I understand. Just saying there is a lot of people on our lake who I see regularly and have wakeboard boats who ive never seen wakeboard or maybe a few times. The people who wakeboard regularly arent in close to as nice of boats. Just a waste of money IMO not trying to insult anyone.

Nick i actually saw your boat on craigslist i think and that is pretty much exactly what i want but im probably going to buy next year due to the fact that i will not be in WI for the rest of the year. great deal though.

Last edited by Toofast22; 08-05-2011 at 11:54 AM.
Old    Nick Tomsyck (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-05-2011, 11:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Nick i actually saw your boat on craigslist i think and that is pretty much exactly what i want but im probably going to buy next year due to the fact that i will not be in WI for the rest of the year. great deal though.
I'll just take the money and hold the boat for you - using it at least weekly of course to keep it in good running condition.
Old    Kevin (Toofast22)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-07-2011, 6:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
I'll just take the money and hold the boat for you - using it at least weekly of course to keep it in good running condition.
haha or I can take it down to Purdue for a "test drive" until next season.

So no one has still answered about boats. MC 205V? What years are the best? The Super Sport Nautiques like mentioned above? What years? Other honorable mentions? Looking for just a good wakeboard boat, doesn't need any luxuries just room for me to get better.
Old    Baitkiller (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-08-2011, 6:27 AM Reply   
Just a thought but once you get the boat won't you then struggle for a crew?
It's always something.
Old    Kevin (Toofast22)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-08-2011, 7:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by baitkiller View Post
Just a thought but once you get the boat won't you then struggle for a crew?
It's always something.
Haha I thought about that and at my cottage I always have my family willing even though it is not their cup of tea but they love being on the lake. My friends i bring love wakeboarding so thay would be no problem and if i brought the boat home or to purdue it would be the same deal.
Old    Nick Tomsyck (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-08-2011, 8:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
So no one has still answered about boats. MC 205V? What years are the best? The Super Sport Nautiques like mentioned above? What years? Other honorable mentions? Looking for just a good wakeboard boat, doesn't need any luxuries just room for me to get better.
We looked @ 205v and Supersport when boat hunting for a cheaper V-drive a few years ago - 205v was just too small and hated that the seating was full wrap around.

Other boats to look into
Malibu sunsetter vlx
Tige 2100v
Sanger V210 (hard to find in the midwest)
Moomba LSV
Supersport
205v

We looked at most of those when shopping and the Supersport won out pretty easy. Best interior (full wrap seating), best wake, GT-40 engine is awesome, and best overall size/storage.

Bought ours with nothing - 100% stock (even stock tape deck).... added tower, ballast, prop, audio, etc etc and has been money well spent... love the boat, just looking to get a bigger one now (23+ feet)
Old    Kevin (Toofast22)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-08-2011, 4:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
We looked @ 205v and Supersport when boat hunting for a cheaper V-drive a few years ago - 205v was just too small and hated that the seating was full wrap around.

Other boats to look into
Malibu sunsetter vlx
Tige 2100v
Sanger V210 (hard to find in the midwest)
Moomba LSV
Supersport
205v

We looked at most of those when shopping and the Supersport won out pretty easy. Best interior (full wrap seating), best wake, GT-40 engine is awesome, and best overall size/storage.

Bought ours with nothing - 100% stock (even stock tape deck).... added tower, ballast, prop, audio, etc etc and has been money well spent... love the boat, just looking to get a bigger one now (23+ feet)
Stop making me want your boat more haha. This is it right: http://madison.craigslist.org/boa/2490267571.html

Really nice boat.

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:24 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2012 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us