Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-11-2011, 10:22 PM Reply   
today 2 years ago was the first time we wakesurfed behind our boat ...... chris with no ballast at all, a friends hyperlite landlock and in the last hour of a week spent at rollins lake!!

this has been a great sport for my family and many of our friends ....... all the wonderfull people we have met along the way who graciously shared their knowledge and passion of the sport

duffy was the person who saw my post on another website and told me to come here and seek out a guy named dennis who knew about sangers

we were so very lucky that the first person i met through this site was dennis horton!!

through dennis we met jeff walker and his family ...... we then met robert and his family at wake9 who hosted us at lake orville and totally got us addicted to the sport ..... jerry price met with us and got chris and laura interested in the performance aspect of surfing behind the boat ..... we met all the above people in a 6 week span that changed our lives forever and for the better!!

we met mitch at CMS Marine when we first bought our pumps and ballast bags and we became great friends and riding buddies from that day untill now!!

i just want to thank everyone who we have met personally in this adventure and there have been so many!! i want to thank all the people in the forum who have shared with us!!

this is a great and growing sport that seems to bring out the best in Everyone!! and i hope that i can and do pass along all the goodwill that we have received!!

and our adventure is just getting started and i cannot wait to see what the future holds!!

my family and i thank everyone again for all that you have shared with us!!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-11-2011, 10:35 PM Reply   
Cool beans Frank. Now Chris is rippin it up. Looking forward to our trip to the NW Open with you guys. More fun times ahead!
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       07-12-2011, 6:01 AM Reply   
Make me feel like a drug dealer. Always interested in getting more people hooked on the sport. You are welcome my friend. Always look forward to riding with you and your family.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-12-2011, 7:24 AM Reply   
I too have met all of you,(ragboy,dennish,frank,mitch and alot more), just off this forum and seeing you all at the comps. Frank, you are so right, the peole in this forum are awesome! its like a big wakesurfing family on here. See all of you at lake Samamish in a couple weeks! We are all forever hooked on this sport! I remember the first run I took on my old 6ft Hyperlite Landlock! didn't take long before I was buying, boards, ropes sac's pumps etc. and learing all I could from reading this forum. Thanks to all of you that have answered all my questions! Surf On Brudda's!!!!
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-12-2011, 7:51 AM Reply   
Good stuff Frank Chris has progressed so much in such a short time. It's great fun to see the "Kids" grow and develop their skills. I remember when James was just a pup, and Jeff had hair.. Wait, never mind the hair thing. Lol. Just poking at ya Jeff Kepp it up, and hope to see you soon again Frank.
Old    surfdad            07-12-2011, 7:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaks View Post
... and Jeff had hair.. Wait, never mind the hair thing.
LOL yeah I was going to say that was around the time indoor plumbing was invented

Well written Frank!
Old     (mdaijogo)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-12-2011, 10:28 AM Reply   
It is cool to see this post. Just this past weekend I went to CMS for the first time and ran into Ragboy, Frank and Mitch. I met up with Wake9 @ Oroville and Frank and Mitch only here on Wakeworld. It is nice to put faces to names.

The fact that all the folks mentioned above have taken time out of their schedule to help educate me about the wakesurfing is proof positive that wakesurfing will grow. There is a lot of good people taking the time to show n00bs like myself and others the sport. For that I am thankful.

m-