Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003

Old     (squirt32)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-17-2003, 6:13 PM Reply   
Comming up on the 45 hr i was out on Lk St Clair in our Mastercraft X-2, came into some contact with 4-5 foot waves and noticed that the center swinging windshield had actually made its way past the fixed edge of the driverside window wedging into the fiberglass and cracking it. Got the swinging part unstuck and rested it on the fixed part of the driverside window, looking down the seem it apears theres less than a quarter inch of overlap at the top and maybee inch and a half at the bottom. Has this happened to anyone else? is it normal for the windshield to flex and seperate this much? can Mastercraft remount my windshield under warrenty?? thanx for any help.
Old     (mainelaker)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-17-2003, 6:33 PM Reply   
It is fairly common on any boat with a walkthrough windshield. Boats flex ALOT while running in chop. The same thing happened to me in my parents Glastron last year, no idea whether MC will fix it or not but it can happen at any time.
Old    sonicr1            08-17-2003, 9:37 PM Reply   
I asked this question as well, have the same problem with my X-10...

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/76407.html?1059499977
Old    wakelvr            08-17-2003, 10:09 PM Reply   
My x2 came out of the factory with the windshield caving in in the middle. I don't know how else to describe it other than if you stand behind the boat or in the back of the boat and look directly at the windshield, it caves in towards the center. It is extremely noticeable. The entire windshield needs to come out and be realigned. The walkthrough window does not shut properly unless you pull it pretty hard. This was not caused by hitting wakes or rollers, it was something we noticed before we took it home and something we cannot believe Mastercraft didn't catch before it left the factory. My dealer is going to fix it under warranty.

Old     (squirt32)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-18-2003, 7:46 AM Reply   
Just got back from the dealer, they say its normal for any open bow to flex and allow this to happen. 100 bucks for remount, waiting for quote on gelcoat repair.
Old    dholio            08-18-2003, 9:51 AM Reply   
Vic you are going to live with that answer? You have a brand new boat that cost probably 40 or 50 thousand
Old     (squirt32)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-19-2003, 6:10 PM Reply   
not anymore they want 250 for the gel coat, iv only had the boat 4 weeks!!! open bow or not this isnt normal, im callin my guy Troy up at the Fenton location to try and straiten it out.
Old    dholio            08-19-2003, 6:57 PM Reply   
gotta get a nautique!! Just kidding. Those are some pretty big rollers for any inboard boat. Good Luck!
Old     (leetudor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-19-2003, 6:59 PM Reply   
It is not normal for a boat to flex.
Old    dholio            08-19-2003, 7:23 PM Reply   
On 5 foot waves it could. He was on a great lake.