Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-23-2010, 1:44 PM Reply   
I posted this in the Non wakebaording Disc but thought i might get better results here:

So im going to be in Park City from 8-25 to 8-29 and was planning on trying to do some wakeboarding and dirt biking. But i recently tore my ACL so the trip has been changed to a golf/relaxation trip which works better for everyone going anyway. Staying at a friends in Glen Wild so will play that golf course one day. Anyone have any cool ideas for in or around Park City for some fun stuff to do. Looking mainly for a cool swiimming hole or waterfall type stuff to do. Really any suggestions would be appreciated. We usually do a winter trip so this will be my first summer trip

Thanks
Old     (mortbike)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-23-2010, 7:24 PM Reply   
check out the olympic training center, they practice almost every day, ski jumping, aerial along with a cool exhibit on the winter olympics, check out the flying sumo for fresh sushi.....
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       08-24-2010, 8:12 AM Reply   
2nd on the Olympic village. Also check out Flanagan's Irish Pub down town.
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-24-2010, 10:53 AM Reply   
Appreciate the info. Will check out the olympic village, I heard they have a badass zipline. Any local swimming holes in the area that are easy access and overrun by tourists??
Old     (dcooper)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-24-2010, 10:54 AM Reply   
No Name Saloon
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-24-2010, 11:08 AM Reply   
there really isn't a lot of water in Utah ... it's the desert after all. The mountains are tall and steep and the snow melts and runs down to the valleys. No "swimmin' holes" that I can remember from my time in SLC. Lots of great mountain biking and hiking tho.
Old     (trash4life)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-24-2010, 11:40 AM Reply   
Like was said, not a lot of swimming holes here in Utah. There are some hot springs you can hike to if thats your thing. Closest thing to swimming hole would maybe be floating down the Provo river. Its free if you have a tube or an air matress or whatever...little cold though but can be fun.
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-24-2010, 1:54 PM Reply   
Yeah i figured the swimming ws a long shot. weather.com said 38 deg this morning. haha. But thanks for all the rsponses. Much appreciated.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       08-24-2010, 3:45 PM Reply   
Hey Rob,
Not sure what you're looking for in terms of swimming but each lake tends to have a beach area where you can swim. The Olympic Park (right off Kimball Junction) is an awesome place to visit.
Old     (nauti4life)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-24-2010, 3:46 PM Reply   
Park city ski resort has alot to do. Zip line, alpine slide, horseback riding and alot more. There are water parks in Provo and a few in the SLC area. Park city main steet shuts down on Sunday for a art festival and bands playing in different area's up and down the street. They also have free concerts at Deer valley every Wed. These are just a few I can think of off the bat.