So, I've read a ton of boards including searching this board and the archives and I'm still not seeing a lot of alternatives...
I have a 2000 MC Prostar 205V I've owned since she was new. It's in fantastic shape and I'm trying to keep it that way, which requires a lift since I keep it at my dock.
My dock attributes:
- U shaped dock with top deck
- Floating dock, adjusts in an out from shore to match with fluctuating water levels
- Slip is 10' wide
- Fresh water lake
- In a no-wake cove so no major wave issues
- 12 feet of water under the dock at full pool*
* In severe drought times, I can move the dock to another location (deeper water), but it's a huge effort. I want to get a lift that operates in minimal depth so I can wait out the move as long as possible (avoid moving at all).
Cable Lifts - Out
It's a corp lake and they don't allow cable lifts on it, so those are out.
Free-Standing Lifts - Out
I have to have something that floats and moves with the dock when needed.
Air Bag Lifts - Out
I've been using an air-dock (www.air-dock.com
) air-bag lift for the last 10 years. It's been working ok, and for the price, it's been a really good solution, and requires the least water depth of anything I've seen, but it's been a maintenance burden. I have a bunch of patch repairs on it. I'm looking for something easier and simpler.
Hydraulic Lifts - ???
I saw the Sunstream Hydraulic and love it, but it's not going to happen in a 10' wide slip (they need 12'). Are there other hydraulic solutions that can fit my dimensions/criteria?
Floating tank (air/water) lifts - ???
The best solution in this catagory seems to be the HydroHoist UL-2, which is their shallow water lift. It's right at the maximum amount of required water depth that I'm comfortable with. Their pricing and the inability to self-install (they won't allow it) doesn't sit that well with me.
Anyone got any other suggestions? Just give me a quick pointer and I'll go research them.
Thanks in advance,