Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-29-2010, 2:25 PM Reply   
The boat is red, in very good shape( vinyl, engine and gelcoat, all original, tandem trailer, heater, cover and has under 400 hours. What do you guys think this boat is worth at the peak of the selling season?
Old     (formfunction)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-29-2010, 2:48 PM Reply   
Sixty five maybe seventy five hundred but I have seen them go from a grand to over ten grand depending on condition/ options.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-29-2010, 3:22 PM Reply   
One thing I forgot to mention is that this 92 has the round windshield and has fiberglass stringers and floor. Also to be noted is that it is in the NW where it has only been used in fresh water and only gets used probably 3 months a year.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-29-2010, 3:43 PM Reply   
If you say it is in good shape Brett I'd sat between 8 and 10 depending on the options, tower, etc.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-29-2010, 3:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
If you say it is in good shape Brett I'd sat between 8 and 10 depending on the options, tower, etc.
No tower, no ballast, no PP. This is a legitimately stock boat. Which may be better because I know no wakeboard punks thrashed the boat to hell and it doesn't have some POS tower that I would want to swap out anyway.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-29-2010, 4:22 PM Reply   
I still say somewhere in that region, a good clean inboard is kinda always worth around ten.
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-30-2010, 11:20 AM Reply   
I think Hate is right. Peak season that's where you're gonna be. I would agree with Brock's assessment for off season. My buddy just picked one up prior to season for 8 or 9, but it was REALLY nice. Samson tower, tower speakers, plumbed ballast, all new upholstery. Since the one you're talking about has no options, I would think 8ish
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-30-2010, 12:08 PM Reply   
I have found another one that I may consider but it sounds like it hasn't been taken care of and has around 1000 hours. It is a 1992, has a tower, 3 board racks for 6 bourds, PP, rankin cover(apparently has some tears), tandem trailer(needs some work). Apparently the vinyl on the back cushions and locker are shot, the gauges are faded or have condensation in them and the gelcoat is faded. I guess the boat sat on Lake washington all summer and then was left outside(with the cover on) in the winter. It is listed for about 8 or 9 but I am not sure it is worth 7 or 8. I don't mind faded gelcoat as long as it isn't beat up. Wetsanding or a real good buff isn't that big of a deal and doesn't cost a bunch of money. I sell gauges, they may not be stock, and I can probably get all gauges except the PP for under $150. If most of the interior is ok and I would only have to replace the vinyl on the rear hatch and the cushions it wouldn't be too expensive.

The biggest issue for me would be if the whole interior needs to be replaced and the engine and transmission condition. I don't want anything to do with something like that.

The other options out there are a couple Saltare's. There is an 87 that was been redone and an 89 that looks pretty nice. The 89 has a tower although it is a pretty cheap one. The 89 had the 454 rebuilt 120 hours ago. It looks to be in pretty good shape overall. Both of these have wood floors and stringers which scares me. If taken care of it isn't that big of a deal but if it is screwed that is really bad.

There are also 2 87 sunsports that look mint. Both are about 8500 and basically original owners. Both have less than 300 hours and one of them has less than 150 I think.
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-30-2010, 12:31 PM Reply   
those 87's sound nice. original hours under 300? I'd go that route. How much is the guy askin for his 92?
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-30-2010, 1:33 PM Reply   
I would say he would be silly to sell it for anything under $10.5k for the boat and trailer in above-average condition, fiberglass, everything stock with low hours. Brett please stop over to the Supraboats.com/bbs forum we will get you all set up. Thanks for all the SurePowers, I recommended the heck out of them over here hehe!

Last edited by wakemikey; 06-30-2010 at 1:34 PM. Reason: edit
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-30-2010, 3:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakemikey View Post
I would say he would be silly to sell it for anything under $10.5k for the boat and trailer in above-average condition, fiberglass, everything stock with low hours. Brett please stop over to the Supraboats.com/bbs forum we will get you all set up. Thanks for all the SurePowers, I recommended the heck out of them over here hehe!
For some reason there are a ton of old Supra's for sale in Washington right now. Here are some of them. The 2 92 sunsports expired but you get the idea. One of the 87 Sunsports also expired.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/boa/1819732212.html

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/boa/1817173494.html

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/boa/1816572062.html

http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/boa/1815656443.html

http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/boa/1815435263.html
Old     (ryan387)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-30-2010, 10:16 PM Reply   
Brett,

You work at Blanchard? Do you belong to queen city? Did I tow you in two Seafairs ago? If so, small world. ha.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-01-2010, 8:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan387 View Post
Brett,

You work at Blanchard? Do you belong to queen city? Did I tow you in two Seafairs ago? If so, small world. ha.
That's me. That saved us big time. I ran down to Blanchard that evening picked up a starter and had it in that night. We made it out Sunday as well. Are you a member at the Club or is your father? You keeping the Supra down there this summer(assuming we get summer eventually)?
Old     (ryan387)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-01-2010, 2:32 PM Reply   
My dad is the member. Yeah the supra will be down there soon...right after the new engine goes in. Badly cracked block. Ouch. My boat will likely be for sale soon. Haha
Old     (dru1974)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-04-2010, 6:12 PM Reply   
They throw a great wait but are really hard to drive loaded up with ballast. Be aware....not trying to put down any owners they are a great boat so please don't be upset but my uncle had a sunsport i believe a 92 and I boarded behind it a lot . Have fun good luck.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-04-2010, 8:03 PM Reply   
I wouldn't let the condition of the interior steer you too much. 18 yr old vinyl probably won't hold up long once the boat starts being used a lot.

Old Sunsports are roomy and throw great wakes for a DD, but I would personally avoid the wood construction hulls period. Even if they were stored indoors and cared for immaculately, the stringer design pooled water under the floor.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-04-2010, 8:08 PM Reply   
http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/boa/1817173494.html

Wow, is that black vinyl?