Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (snoopy1173)      Join Date: May 2010       06-22-2010, 12:45 PM Reply   
How do you paint a wakeboard. Also if you paint the bottom will it make sliding on rails and sliders worse. Like a slingshot is so buttery smooth on rails, will painting it ruin its slideability? Anyone ever paint a slingshot board.
Old    Chaserwaser            06-22-2010, 12:53 PM Reply   
Usually its not paint its just a big sticker ( vinyl ) I know someone on here did paint a board though purple for there friend and it had a recycle theme it was done very nicely ... Ill try looking for it unless anyone else finds it before me!
Old     (jps912)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-22-2010, 12:55 PM Reply   
Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't the flex in the board crack and chip the paint. I also think it really depends on what type of paint is used.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-22-2010, 12:57 PM Reply   
yea, type of paint will really affect it...as well as how you prep it.
Old     (rc005)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-22-2010, 1:00 PM Reply   
they do make flexible paint.. i know they use it on car bumpers, may be hard to find and a bit pricey, but it depends on how badly you want to paint it..
Old    Chaserwaser            06-22-2010, 1:01 PM Reply   
Also if your interested Humanoid Wakeboards are flex boards and you can actually go on there website and go the the "Art Lab" and choose your own colors / graphics and make it 100% your own ... I would do that .. Might cost more but it will be done correctly and nicely.. Go check it out ... There awesome boards to from what I hear.. Still waiting to demo
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-22-2010, 3:16 PM Reply   
ive painted two wakeboards i would HIGHLY suggest you not do it. you WILL regret it. it just cant hold up. even to wake only riding. no special paint is needed however. i think ive posted my painted boards here before. it also makes the board very heavy.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-22-2010, 5:32 PM Reply   
Cory what did you paint it with that made it heavy??? finger paint? I cant imagine painting a board like this would be easy. but I doubt you can add much weight from spray paint.
Old     (azwakeYO)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-22-2010, 7:38 PM Reply   
I spray painted my slingshot for rails, its held up great and didnt affect its slide. but of course the paint came off eventually. but you would have to expect that too and doing rails. I rode it behind the wake for a little and it didnt chip or anything.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-22-2010, 8:34 PM Reply   
painting is easy, now making it look good, thats a different story.
Old     (snoopy1173)      Join Date: May 2010       06-22-2010, 8:45 PM Reply   
so ahren you spray painted the top and bottom or only the top. And what kind of rails do u ride...Cable or like homemade stuff
Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-22-2010, 9:58 PM Reply   
I painted a board and have probably 30 sets on it and the paint is fine. If you do paint it, use good paint and scuff the hell out it. (scotch brite pad)
Sliding any rails will wreck the paint. Just leave it if its a rail board.
Old     (azwakeYO)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-22-2010, 10:39 PM Reply   
I spray painted the entire top and did a plaid graphic on the bottom i ride homemade rails.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-23-2010, 11:55 AM Reply   
Joey C i used krylon spray paint. go pick up 2 cans of color spray paint, and 1 can of clear. hold them all at once.... paint is pretty heavy. made the board a tank.
i painted the bottom only.
did all the proper prep work.

i was the one chase was refering too in the second post.
Old    Chaserwaser            06-23-2010, 12:09 PM Reply   
I thought it was your Corys just wasnt 100% sure .. you should post it on this so he can see ...
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-23-2010, 3:41 PM Reply   
np
here ya go
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showt...ighlight=paint