Articles
   
       
       
Pics/Video
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    Luke (LukeR103)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-07-2010, 5:11 PM Reply   
In the new alliance they have a pic of gnarley harley in a ferrari - does anyone know if this kid really has this car or if it's a friends, dad's, something?? Didn't he just get a liscence? Not bad for a first car!
Old    Darren Yearsley (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-07-2010, 5:14 PM Reply   
Bill wishes it was his!
Old    Andy Nintzel (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-07-2010, 5:25 PM Reply   
A gift from the wake gods.

I would bet that its just for the photo shoot, but I know some of those boys have some expensive cars, Danny and Parks for sure. I know that Reed Hansen dang near has a car collection.
Old    M-Dizzle (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-07-2010, 9:13 PM Reply   
Yah, family wealth isn't exactly far from the wakeboard scene for most of the pro riders. It wouldn't surprise me if he had one.
Old    Norbi Vasko (norbiv)      Join Date: May 2009       06-08-2010, 4:49 AM Reply   
jeff mckee and his dad brought it over and they took some pix off him in it. get real peeps!
Old    Jim Spearing (spearing)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-08-2010, 5:00 AM Reply   
What kinda Cars do the pros own? i would like to see some of these pimping rides. Can anyone post up pics of pros with there rides, i think that would be pretty dam cool.
Old    Kyle Linsey (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-08-2010, 10:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by norbiv View Post
jeff mckee and his dad brought it over and they took some pix off him in it. get real peeps!
So Jeff McKee's dad has a ferrari?
Old    rob thomas (fingerstick)      Join Date: May 2009       06-08-2010, 10:45 AM Reply   
eye wash evrywun wud larn whow too spiil
Old    Kyle Linsey (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-08-2010, 11:21 AM Reply   
Rob, what are you talking about? He spelled one word wrong (liscence vs license) which is a pretty commonly misspelled word. It's not like this is English class, it's an online discussion forum. Slang terms like "kinda" or "dam (which was most likely used because most curse words get **** out)" is not a huge deal. How do you deal with text messages, facebook, twitter, other forums etc if that small of a spelleeng ehroar bothurrs u?
Old    Brian (txwakerider14)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-08-2010, 11:49 AM Reply   
This is a wakeboarding website not a grammar site get over the misspelled words, as long as you can understand it doesn't matter.
Old    LEE DANEILS (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       06-08-2010, 1:25 PM Reply   
wow....this took a turn really fast.

Parks has had a few rides over the years, but I think he still has the Benz and i know the old Lifed Durango is still around as well.
Danny im not sure anymore. Running around Orlando Ive seen some. Grubb has a insane murdered out Suburban, Shane has some sick ones too. But the all time has to go to Gator for sure for showing up to a contest in a Ferari or a Lambo. I cant remember which.
As far as the comment about a lot of wake guys coming from money....its about 50/50. I agree that it takes money to get into the sport. Especially the boat side of it. Riders like Soven(s), Harf, Gator, and many others do come from very comfortable back grounds. Riders like the Bonifays, JD Webb, ect. But that doesnt mean anything. Look at Byerly. He was swinging a hammer for a while when he was younger and now look at him. There are many riders that are insane and hold down night jobs to live the lifestyle.
I agree that a lot of kids, for lack of a better term have had things "handed" to them, but that doesnt take away from pure raw tallent.
Old    Chaserwaser            06-08-2010, 2:40 PM Reply   
Danny Harf ..

Old    Adam Levitt (alevitt)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-08-2010, 3:55 PM Reply   
^^^^
Not Danny's car. It was used just for the photo shoot.
Pretty much everybody drives trucks anyways.
Old    Bill (Bill_Dad)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-08-2010, 4:35 PM Reply   
hi,

hey I can assure you guys Harley does not come from a wealthy family, and as a family we have had to make sacrifices for Harley to get to where he is today.
It has been a tough road for Harley , we didnt have the big flash boats, we dont live on a lake, we live 30 minutes from the river so i started work at 2 am in the morning so I could get all of my work done and be home in time to take Harley and his brothers down to the river to ride of an afternoon.
Harley learnt to wake board behind an old moomba boat mid mount, thats all we could afford, and all the boats up until Mastercraft started sponsoring him were all second hand boats.

Bill
Old    Mark Griffin (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-08-2010, 7:11 PM Reply   
well looks like those sacrifices are paying off Bill, good job
Old    Dwight Kinley (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-08-2010, 7:40 PM Reply   
I love hearing stories like yours Bill. There's an element to Harley that's humble, which I appreciate. The more obstacles it takes to get you to the top the less you take it for granted. Not that there's anything wrong with supporting your kids with as much as possible. But Harley obviously has had to work real hard to get where he is today. Well now he's at the top and the more he continues to work just as hard as always, the further he'll push the sport.

As a son who came from a family who wasn't real well off when we were young but supported us kids, I want to thank you Bill. You do what you can for your kids and push them to do their best. Doesn't matter what income bracket you fall into. I hope to be a parent like that some day.
Old    Bill (Bill_Dad)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-08-2010, 11:25 PM Reply   
hey thanks guys,

I know Harley really appreciates all that his family has done for him and his career. Our reward is seeing him realise his dreams, and not only with Harley also his brothers Ty and Ethan, who by the way are really good at cable and dont really ride boat a great deal at all.
I know proud dad syndrome.
I miss my son a great deal now he lives in Orlando 7 months of the year
Old    C.I.E..... Evan (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-09-2010, 10:24 AM Reply   
Pro riders bust their a$$e$. It's nice to see some of them getting paid. Most people don't realize how much travel and events these guys do. It's not all boats full of girls and big contest payoff's (though the mags may make it look like that).

Bill, great job on a good kid. He's killing it.

AFAIK, Danny has a 745 BMW. Definitely a nice ride.
Old    Ty (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-09-2010, 12:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido View Post
Pro riders bust their a$$e$. It's nice to see some of them getting paid. Most people don't realize how much travel and events these guys do. It's not all boats full of girls and big contest payoff's (though the mags may make it look like that).
Dont get me wrong, they work hard... but Im not, for one second, going to feel sorry for the amount of travel/events they do, or any other work that comes with being a pro.

Glad to see Harley's hard work paying off, and props to you Bill for the sacrifices you and yours made to get him to the top.
Old    Justin (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-09-2010, 6:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeandsnow27 View Post
Dont get me wrong, they work hard... but Im not, for one second, going to feel sorry for the amount of travel/events they do, or any other work that comes with being a pro.

Glad to see Harley's hard work paying off, and props to you Bill for the sacrifices you and yours made to get him to the top.
exactly! It takes a lot of effort and work and hours these folks put in but to be able to travel and have the life of a pro is not something that normal folks will feel "sorry" about. They get to go to places that most people will never get to (and very often), while we sit in an office/at a desk 8-10 hrs. a day...Or some variation thereof for the various types of careers...

We all make choices and have different goals..Being a pro wakeboarder is definitely not the "norm", just like a pro "anything..
Old    Chaserwaser            06-10-2010, 6:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by alevitt View Post
^^^^
Not Danny's car. It was used just for the photo shoot.
Pretty much everybody drives trucks anyways.
Well thats even more lame lol .... ( the car not even being his )
Old    Chaserwaser            06-10-2010, 7:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmy79 View Post
exactly! It takes a lot of effort and work and hours these folks put in but to be able to travel and have the life of a pro is not something that normal folks will feel "sorry" about. They get to go to places that most people will never get to (and very often), while we sit in an office/at a desk 8-10 hrs. a day...Or some variation thereof for the various types of careers...

We all make choices and have different goals..Being a pro wakeboarder is definitely not the "norm", just like a pro "anything..
This is very true... regardless what kind of cars they drive look at what they do for life ... its like a constant field trip for these guys .. sheez I could drive a old beated up honda or something ( this is an 81 honda HOW DARE YOU! ) hahah and do what they do rather then have a super car and work 8 hours a day in a office setting... I think im just going to fricken step up my game lol I have been wakeboarding for about 10 years now and its funny how these pros get to there level in 2 - 3 .. Time to grow some ball this summer
Old    C.I.E. J-Rod (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-10-2010, 7:28 AM Reply   
"its like a constant field trip for these guys" hahaha lol

Many of them will read this post and think "if you only knew the half of it!"

I sat down with two of the industry's top pro riders about a month ago and talked about this.

Try traveling every week, month after month, and year after year, living out of a suit case, eating on the fly, up at 5AM for photoshoots and expected to ride at your best, sitting at boat shows and dealer events - bored out of your mind, not seeing your wife/kids/family for weeks at a time, returning home for a day or two just to leave again, racking up personal expenses for travel, worrying about how you will make money 5 years from now when the next Harley comes out of no where and moves you one more spot down in the ranks.

I'm sure it's cool when you're young and single for the first few years. Pretty sure it's anything but a field trip htough. They don't get to relax at home on the weekends like you and I, aside from maybe a little time at the end of the season. But when the winter comes, you're on the road again promoting your line, your sponsors, ect...
Old    Chaserwaser            06-10-2010, 8:09 AM Reply   
J rod I couldnt agree more with anything you have said, but in some of our eyes these guys and girls are living the dream .. like mine but then again im a 20 year old single kid who would love the opportunity to travel the world and get recognition for something I was good at and have a rep and sponsors and be able to have a boat sponsor and all the perks that would come out of such an opportunity, these guys obviously chose this life style so there must be some great coming out of it, maybe because they love what they do!
Old    J D (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-10-2010, 8:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaserwaser View Post
J rod I couldnt agree more with anything you have said, but in some of our eyes these guys and girls are living the dream .. like mine but then again im a 20 year old single kid who would love the opportunity to travel the world and get recognition for something I was good at and have a rep and sponsors and be able to have a boat sponsor and all the perks that would come out of such an opportunity, these guys obviously chose this life style so there must be some great coming out of it, maybe because they love what they do!
Its' only a dream because you're 18 and don't have a wife and kids. When you're 28, married, a couple toddlers at home and all you want to do is be with your family - the last thing you want to do is be on the road and sitting alone in another hotel room.

Anyone who travels for work knows this. I know it very well unfortunately. It sounds great and it's a ton of fun for about 4 trips. Then the next 20 are absolutely brutal.

The grass isn't always greener. Yes, these guys get to "wakeboard" for a living but there is WAY more to it than just getting up and riding on your home lake, shooting some quick vids and taking a nap.
Old    Chaserwaser            06-10-2010, 8:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_mn View Post
Its' only a dream because you're 18 and don't have a wife and kids. When you're 28, married, a couple toddlers at home and all you want to do is be with your family - the last thing you want to do is be on the road and sitting alone in another hotel room.

Anyone who travels for work knows this. I know it very well unfortunately. It sounds great and it's a ton of fun for about 4 trips. Then the next 20 are absolutely brutal.

The grass isn't always greener. Yes, these guys get to "wakeboard" for a living but there is WAY more to it than just getting up and riding on your home lake, shooting some quick vids and taking a nap.
Not 18 , 20 and I could understand that, but once again, there choosing this lifestyle so there must be something they enjoy out of it.
Old    Ty (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-10-2010, 8:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaserwaser View Post
Not 18 , 20 and I could understand that, but once again, there choosing this lifestyle so there must be something they enjoy out of it.
exactly. Which is why I dont fell sorry or hold a soft spot in my heart for any sacrifices they "have to" make... like traveling the world, or God forbid sitting at a boat show all day... oh the treachery!


They choose this lifestyle and profession- travel and the inherent risk of one day not being able to ride for a living is part of it...this wasn't a surprise and shouldnt be when it happens.
Having a family and being a traveling pro would be too difficult for me. I'd need to be young and single and hopefully have a plan for when I cant ride professionally anymore.
Old    C.I.E..... Evan (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-10-2010, 10:25 AM Reply   
Sorry..... I totally took this one off topic.

Incidently, in the new Alliance it does say that it's Harley's Ferrari. That's kinda lame. Not lame for Harley, but lame for the mag to misrepresent.
Old    Chaserwaser            06-10-2010, 10:29 AM Reply   
Dude if it's really his, you know I am happy for him , that kid is taking wakeboarding to another level he deserves it... If it was just some kid thinking he was hot shiz and stuff then id tell him to take it up the cramhole leflour ( hahahah ) but dude thats awesome, I think it also depends how he acts in person if he is like one of the nice guys and non cocky like almost all the pros are and is very open and stuff thats awesome and reading the posts from his dad it sounds like he a responsible kid and fun loving of the sport.. plus dude talk about macro points with the chicks now jesus.. its inspiring to me but instead of any super car I would want some old american muscle ... Chevy ill take anything between 67-69 camaro thanks guys!

Last edited by Chaserwaser; 06-10-2010 at 10:33 AM.

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:53 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2012 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us