Wake 101
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    Rich (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-06-2010, 11:55 PM Reply   
I'm working on something... and I know I'm doing it wrong. A friend that I ride with a lot says it looks to him like I'm trying a totally different trick most of the way through. Just for fun, I thought I'd post the beginning of the trick here to see what the general thoughts are.

What trick do you think I'm trying here?

Old    Ahren Benziger (azwakeYO)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-07-2010, 12:38 AM Reply   
looks like a laid out mexi roll/back roll
Old    Bevan (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-07-2010, 1:36 AM Reply   
HS backroll
Old    Dallas Cowboys #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-07-2010, 7:58 AM Reply   
either a failed raley or a failed h/s backroll
Old    C.I.E. J-Rod (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-07-2010, 8:23 AM Reply   
If you looked over your left shoulder and kept the handle lower it could be a backroll.
Old    Ben Ax (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-07-2010, 8:23 AM Reply   
A really laid out backroll.
Old    Andy Nintzel-NautiCurl Wake Shaper (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-07-2010, 8:40 AM Reply   
Old    flyhigh (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       06-07-2010, 8:45 AM Reply   
Id say a R2R
Old    Jake Stich (richmondrider)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-07-2010, 3:53 PM Reply   
back role or r2r for sure
Old    Rich (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-07-2010, 6:15 PM Reply   
Yeah, I guess it is pretty obvious... It's just a HS BR. Although, you'll see in this newest vid, I take it to revert (almost)... and (unintentionally).
My buddy says it looks more like I'm trying to raley or even s-bend because of the cut and because I get so laid out.

So my question... S-bend is always a backside spin right? So what would you call a raley to frontside 360? Just curious.

Now, back to work on the BR. I've been trying hard this early season to cut more progressively and I keep telling myself to get that handle in to my hip... but no matter what my brain says... my body seems to do what you see in this video.

Old    Baitkiller (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-07-2010, 6:41 PM Reply   
I think thats called a concussion.
Old    Drew McMillen (xmcmillenx)      Join Date: May 2006       06-07-2010, 7:03 PM Reply   
its got a name. I think its called a Hintebarger or something like that. Its usually a cable trick. I think it should be called a Z-bend.
Old    Ben Ax (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-07-2010, 8:08 PM Reply   
The reason your roll attempts are going to revert is because your hitting that wake WAY WAY too perpendicular. That kind of angle into the wake virtually guarantees you a R2R rotation. Come in at far less of an angle and you'll get that "around a pipe" rotation.

Take a look at these videos, and notice the angle of their board when they hit the wake. they're about a 45 degree angle vs at a 90 degree (which you hit in your video), perpendicular, at the wake. That change in angle makes a HUGE difference when trying to land that backroll. Shorten your cut up a little but, use less angle but use a more progressive edge and you'll stomp that baby and won't have to worry about going to revert. Stomp that sucker and get us come footy!
Old    Dallas Cowboys #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-07-2010, 8:24 PM Reply   
i think ben has the hawkeye lol. your angle is to perpendicular to the wake and you are taking a raley cut instead of a progressive cut. slow down the cut keep the handle close to your lead hip and push all the way through the wake. remember rope close to you you spin faster let your arms out to slow rotation.
Old    Josh (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       06-08-2010, 7:14 AM Reply   
Old    Andy Nintzel-NautiCurl Wake Shaper (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-08-2010, 10:20 AM Reply   
Heelside rollephant!
Old    Bizzuck (bizzuck)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-08-2010, 11:16 AM Reply   
Re: your body doing that

Drop your right hand (let go of the handle) about half way through the invert. Use it to fist pump when you land that thing.
Old    Rich (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-08-2010, 11:43 AM Reply   
Ha! Nintzel... I thought you were just making a fat joke, until I did some research and saw the thread about Jason G and his friends coining the name rollephant.
Still... woulda been a pretty funny fat joke.
Old    Mark Griffin (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-08-2010, 8:21 PM Reply   
I actually used to do these back in the day but even more laid out with a raley edge into the wake. Started doing them because I mistakenly thought I was doing sbends. You can do 2 things, fix it into a proper roll or keep going and go for a true Hinterburger (reverse S-bend). I recommend the roll option since the hinterberger is an extremely hard trick to do correctly behind the boat, and also will probably knock you out lol


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 5:14 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home


© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us