Wake 101
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-08-2010, 5:08 PM Reply   
I recently purchased a set of the Krypt HLCD 8" speakers with a set of 8" cans from boardersmall. Is there a way to be able to control the tower speaker volume independent from the rest of the system?
Old     (espritv8)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-08-2010, 5:32 PM Reply   
It depends what's your setup like.
If you have an amp for the tower speakers and another for the inboard speakers, connect the tower speakers amp on the front output of your HU, and the other(s) amp(s) on the rear (or vice versa). That way you can adjust volume with the fader of your HU.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-08-2010, 5:41 PM Reply   
sorry i should have been more specific. Yes i have 2 amps one idspushing my tower speakers and the other is pushing the in boat speakers but the head unit only has one set of outputs and I usually control the volume of the system via a wired remote, the head unit isn't really accessible. I'm looking for something that i can wire so the person driving can control the system. Is there a relatively inexpensive way to do this?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-08-2010, 5:44 PM Reply   
You want a PAC LC1:
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       05-08-2010, 6:07 PM Reply   
Wetsounds WS420 EQ is probably the best investment for a boat audio system followed by HSE Revolution auto volume control. The WS420 also lets you independently tune the tower speakers from the cabin speakers and adds a sub volume control and a PA so you can talk through your tower speakers.
Old     (big_b_21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-08-2010, 6:28 PM Reply   
I would 2nd the PAC LC1 option. I have 2 of them, one to control the tower and another to control the cabin speakers.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-08-2010, 6:33 PM Reply   
AJ, I would love the WS420 but it's too expensive for me at the momeent. It took a whole lot of convincing just so my wife would let me keep the tower speakers.
Shawdaoggy that is exactly what I'm looking for.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-08-2010, 8:52 PM Reply   
X 3 on the PAC. Easiest, simplest, and cheapest, way to get it dialed.
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-09-2010, 2:48 AM Reply   
x4 on the PAC. Too easy.
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       05-09-2010, 8:14 AM Reply   
I'll second AJ, when you wear your wife down enough to get it that is.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-09-2010, 9:57 AM Reply   
I dunno. I went with the WS420 for all of the features mentioned above (just installed over this winter), but I question whether my spouse is going to be able to figure out the significance of all of those micro-sized dials. The inner geek in me loves all of the features, but practically speaking I'm wondering whether I would have been better served going with 3 LC1's and calling it a day.

(really, the PA feature is the one thing that the WS420 does that sets it apart)
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-09-2010, 10:45 AM Reply   
I went the simple even cheaper route i wired the tower amp remote turn on lead to a switch so the amp and tower speakers could be turned off leaving just the sub and in boat speakers ruining also buy doing this it eliminates the draw from the tower speaker amp when not in use
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-09-2010, 11:15 AM Reply   
I went simple too. JL HD amps with the remote level controls.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-09-2010, 12:16 PM Reply   
I found this and thought it might be worth a try since it's basically the cost of 2 PAC
Attached Images
Old     (PictureMeRollin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-09-2010, 12:48 PM Reply   
i installed a small kenwood equalizer, model 4042a controlling 2 4 channel amps. i put the tower speakers on the front channels, the cabin speakers on the rear. i can adjust volume of the tower and cabin by fading between the 2 to get it just right. the eq has an independed subwoofer control too so i can turn down the bass a bit when we want to chill in the cove.

Last edited by PictureMeRollin; 05-09-2010 at 12:49 PM. Reason: spelling
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-09-2010, 1:24 PM Reply   
Clarion EQS744 is very popular
Old     (ship_of_fools)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-09-2010, 6:32 PM Reply   
I second the Clarion EQS744.

Not only is it functional as a fader for the in-boats and towers but it also adjusts the sub, increases the voltage gain to the amps and puts all the controls and tone adjustment right at my finger tips.

They can be found for around 50 bucks (try Amazon). Depending on where you put it , you may also need longer RCA cables.
Old     (Silverbullet555)      Join Date: May 2010       05-09-2010, 7:02 PM Reply   
The Clarion EQS746 looks like something I can use to balance my tower speakers and control the volume of the tower independent of the system. Split off the rears from the HU and send part to this and split to the channels for the tower or run the fronts into tower and the rears to the speakers in the boat.
Old     (big_b_21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-09-2010, 9:08 PM Reply   
My old 2006 21V setup with 4 PAC LC1's

Old     (watersun)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-10-2010, 6:34 PM Reply   
Can anyone tell me how the PAC LC1's connect? Does it just connect between the RCA's coming from the amp and the RCA's coming from the head unit? If so, how long is the wire that comes with the PAC LC1's? My head unit is in the glove box and I would need to run it all the way over to the drivers area. Thanks.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-10-2010, 8:39 PM Reply   
there are 6" pigtails on either side of the LC1. If you need a long run, you could need a second set of long rcas to get to the HU, and another set back to the amp.

You might want to consider a JL CL-RLC for that kind of run
Old     (norcalboris)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-11-2010, 9:24 PM Reply   
I agree with Shawndoggy, the Wetsounds will be the best choice but the JL would be the next best choice. The PAC LC1 is cool but there is a slight loss in signal, the JL unit has a line driver so it will keep down signal loss.
Old     (dan_lorenze)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-12-2010, 5:03 AM Reply   
I have the PAC controlling my tower speakers, does a great job.
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-12-2010, 3:22 PM Reply   
Clarion EQS746,works great, low failure rate. We've been using them since they were the old EQS744 version. Very good low cost option.


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 1:55 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home


© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us